Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Scales was down again today, back to where I was before I ate the popcorn the other day. I've had popcorn before and it didn't bother me but I perhaps ate more than I should've. Anyhow, I said I wouldn't weigh for a few days but I "lied". :o From force of habit, I hit the bathroom and on the scales I went. At least with my eyes half closed and barely awake, it seemed I was back on track. Later on I'll truly weigh better just to be sure...and as soon as hubby gets up we will get off on our morning walk.

I hope it cools down soon and if it does, I want us to start walking at night too. Know that extra walking will be good for me and on our cruise I plan to walk the decks and climb the stairs as much as I can.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep up the good work!!:D

Well, I haven't been on here since first part of June, been a busy summer. I have managed to loose 23lbs since June 20th, still have 55 more to go. Just senting small achievable goals. We leave for Hawaii on Dec 7th and I'm hoping to get another 20-30 lbs off by then. I know if I excercise, it will come off faster.. this heat is just killing me. Thanks for all your wonderful stories, they keep me motivated.

Jeannie

Well, I haven't been on here since first part of June, been a busy summer. I have managed to loose 23lbs since June 20th, still have 55 more to go. Just senting small achievable goals. We leave for Hawaii on Dec 7th and I'm hoping to get another 20-30 lbs off by then. I know if I excercise, it will come off faster.. this heat is just killing me. Thanks for all your wonderful stories, they keep me motivated.

Jeannie

Jeannie,

You are doing great!!!!! 23 lbs since June 20th!!!! :D If the heat would just go away and stay gone, I'd be able to get more exercise but when it's hot I am worthless. Today is another hot one and I'm just melting.:eek:

Jeannie, Congratulations on the 23lb loss! That is so fantastic! You have plenty of time before your cruise to lose another 20-30lbs!

Babs, Put down the popcorn and walk away! :D You are doing wonderful, so a little popcorn won't kill your diet.

I went to the state fair on Sunday and am happy to report that I was a very good girl. I had 6 french fries, 10 waters, a salad, corn on the cob, and 6 cookies. Not bad if I do say so myself! :D I am really tired today though and am trying to take it easy -- 6 hours of walking does a gal in, that is for sure!

I will talk to you all soon!

~Crystal

Yeah, I know the popcorn didn't kill me...but all I do is eat something I know I shouldn't and up goes the scales. It is an ongoing battle and we all know it, don't we?:confused: Trying hard to keep on the right path, some days it just is easier than others.

Didn't walk this a.m., we both slept in and then we had errands so all our walking was during that time. Tomorrow, I hope to get back on track and get out for our morning walk.

Hang in there gals.

:eek:

Well I was down to 144.4 on my scales this morning.

I'm happy, If I could lose 5 more before the cruise it would be great, but it takes me forever to lose a couple of pounds.

SW 169.9

CW 144.4

GW 135

Wow you are doing great.:) I'm stuck at 158 but at least I'm "holding" so not too many complaints. I'd love to drop 8 lbs before we leave on the 20th of September but not sure I can make that.

Trying to walk each morning as long as it is cool and today I've worked out in the yard some. When it gets hot though, I'm back inside. I hope to go out after dinner and finish a small area. As soon as all the weeding is done, then I will spray and hopefully kill the area around all the beds.:eek:

Babs, I was stuck at around 149 for several months, finally started losing again a couple weeks ago. Be happy with maintaining your loss. 3/4 of the battle is keeping it off so maintainng is good practice.

Being stuck at one number can really sometimes be a downer, but I try to tell myself "look you've lost so much, just hang in there" and yes I do talk to myself. :p I seem to go up and down; bounce up a lb, down two, up three, etc. Not giving up I promise. Maintaining is good too! I also know I now look at food as something other than a soother. I have to eat to live but I don't "have to live to eat!" YOu know?

We can do this girls!!!!;)

Hello everyone! I am happy to report that I lost another .8lbs since talking to you all last week. Even better, I am down another pant size! I am in size 10 pants now days! I am so happy! I haven't been in size 10's since high school, some 15 years ago!

I hope you are all doing good!!! Keep up the hard work!!!

~Crystal

SW: 207.2

CW: 165.6

GW: 130???

Hello everyone! I am happy to report that I lost another .8lbs since talking to you all last week. Even better, I am down another pant size! I am in size 10 pants now days! I am so happy! I haven't been in size 10's since high school, some 15 years ago!

I hope you are all doing good!!! Keep up the hard work!!!

~Crystal

CW: 165.6

GW: 130???

Crystal....WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! I can't remember when I fit into a size 10 slacks??!!:confused: That is terrific. Just still stuck at 158 but holding my own.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend everybody and keep focused!!!;)

How was everyone's holiday weekend? Ours was uneventful. The DH worked all weekend, so we just hung out at home.

I did lose another 1.4lbs! Slow and steady wins the race, right?!

I have finally decided what I would like to see my goal weight as...120lbs. I am barely 5'2" and I think that 120 is a good weight for my body. We will see what my body does though. I have heard that our bodies pick a weight and stay there...so here is to hoping that my body picks 120! :p

I hope everyone is doing good! Remember that the only walls blocking us are the ones within ourselves!

~Crystal

CW: 164.2

GW: 120

How was everyone's holiday weekend? Ours was uneventful. The DH worked all weekend, so we just hung out at home.

I did lose another 1.4lbs! Slow and steady wins the race, right?!

I have finally decided what I would like to see my goal weight as...120lbs. I am barely 5'2" and I think that 120 is a good weight for my body. We will see what my body does though. I have heard that our bodies pick a weight and stay there...so here is to hoping that my body picks 120! :p

I hope everyone is doing good! Remember that the only walls blocking us are the ones within ourselves!

~Crystal

CW: 164.2

Hi Crystal, I'm about 5 ft 2 also and used to weigh just under 120 so was thinking I might like that weight again...but am rethinking it now. As we age we do shift some of our fat pads so I'm just waiting to see how it goes. In reality I'd be happy around 130 but I'm not setting myself any particular goals. Still stuck at 158 but did get great results from my blood work last week, at least from the internist visit. My HDL could be a little higher though so I looked up ways to raise that; otherwise all my figures were right on target or significantly below what they call optimon (spelling may be incorrect on that word). Weather has cooled down so definitely walking each morning and may start an evening walk too; that will also help raise my HDL. Worked in the yard for a while this afternoon too and before long all my outside chores will be "done"!

Good luck everyone!:)

Weight this week still 144.4, thats fine. We cruise starting saturday and I am less then 10 lbs from goal. Took me 10 months to lose 25 lbs but I don't mind. My usual weight loss is 1/2 lb a week. So it's good.

Suzque....Please go on your cruise and have a ball. I feel the same way, having lost about 22 lbs since March 30th. Wish it was more, but you take what you get. Enjoy the cruise, don't deprive yourself of everything but taste some things in moderation. You will be fine. When you return home, you can get right back in gear and lose the remaining 10 lbs. That is my plan for our vacation that is coming up. We leave home in just 12 days and I'm going to try hard to not eat much that I know I shouldn't. I will return to being extra diligent when we get back in November. So just go and have fun. :)

Weight this week still 144.4, thats fine. We cruise starting saturday and I am less then 10 lbs from goal. Took me 10 months to lose 25 lbs but I don't mind. My usual weight loss is 1/2 lb a week. So it's good.

Have fun Suzque!!! 25 pounds is huge, so be very proud!!! Think about it...you lost 100 sticks of butter!!! Now go enjoy yourself and we wills ee you when you get back!

Hi Crystal, I'm about 5 ft 2 also and used to weigh just under 120 so was thinking I might like that weight again...but am rethinking it now. As we age we do shift some of our fat pads so I'm just waiting to see how it goes. In reality I'd be happy around 130 but I'm not setting myself any particular goals. Still stuck at 158 but did get great results from my blood work last week, at least from the internist visit. My HDL could be a little higher though so I looked up ways to raise that; otherwise all my figures were right on target or significantly below what they call optimon (spelling may be incorrect on that word). Weather has cooled down so definitely walking each morning and may start an evening walk too; that will also help raise my HDL. Worked in the yard for a while this afternoon too and before long all my outside chores will be "done"!

Good luck everyone!:)

Babs,

That is wonderful news about the blood work! I am so proud of you!!! One of my friends has also been "getting healthy" with me and her HDL is still a little low too. She said that her doctor said the best thing to help raise it was with walking. But she walks everyday with me, so not sure if that is really true or not. Let me know what you do and if it helps so I can pass the information along to her.

I do know wbout our bodies liking a certain weight :( But I am hoping that my body likes the 120 range. But if not, I will be happy with anything lower then 140...:D

I do have two things to share...first of all, I lost another .6 lbs. To date I have lost 43.6 pounds!!! :D the other thing is that I am no longer obese according to the BMI scale. I am now just fat!!! :p It is weird though...I had never thought of myself as obese, but the scale is what all the doctors go by, so my doctor should be very pleased!

Take care and I will talk to you soon!

~Crystal

CW: 163.6

Hi all, Newbie to cruising; newbie to CC; newbie to posting to threads. Not new to WW, but lack diligence of late. But with Summer exiting and Fall around the corner, I feel motivated. I have 50 lbs that I'd like to lose by year end.

I liked reading all of the support given to each member, which is a huge factor with weight loss. Maybe it is that misery loves company...;)?

At any rate, I go back to fitness bootcamp in the morning and WW on Saturday morning. Let's see if this chickie can get herself back to healthy.

Trish

Babs,

That is wonderful news about the blood work! I am so proud of you!!! One of my friends has also been "getting healthy" with me and her HDL is still a little low too. She said that her doctor said the best thing to help raise it was with walking. But she walks everyday with me, so not sure if that is really true or not. Let me know what you do and if it helps so I can pass the information along to her.

I do know wbout our bodies liking a certain weight :( But I am hoping that my body likes the 120 range. But if not, I will be happy with anything lower then 140...:D

I do have two things to share...first of all, I lost another .6 lbs. To date I have lost 43.6 pounds!!! :D the other thing is that I am no longer obese according to the BMI scale. I am now just fat!!! :p It is weird though...I had never thought of myself as obese, but the scale is what all the doctors go by, so my doctor should be very pleased!

Take care and I will talk to you soon!

~Crystal

CW: 163.6

I had a post typed but something happened and I got this screen saying something went wrong with CC....so I will try to redo it, at least the important part.

I went online and typed in HDL and found out exercise is really important. Also found out adding certain items to our diet helps raise the HDL (which is good cholestrol). Olive oil, peanut butter, cranberry juice, oats, legumes, fruits, coconut oil, 2 drinks a day, magnesium and calcium are all things mentioned. If your friend goes online, tell her to beware of all the sites that just try to sell their drugs; it takes a lot of weeding out to find the right ones. Also on the numbers most sites say 60 and above is best for HDL. Mine was 44 which is just above what most sites cazlled "low" (40), so I am going to try and raise my HDL if I possibly can. I already take calcium, but plan to purchase the next bottles with magnesium added to it. Hope this helps somewhat.

I got the call I was waiting for from my endo's office and the news is not good. They still found cancer cells...so all I can do is wait and see. He wants to do an ultrasound in April, my next appointment with him. So I'm trying to think "well, he didn't say get in here right now" so trying hard to be positive. But I was hoping they couldn't find any cells. I'm going on our trip and cruise, trying to keep on my diet but you know with that word Cancer hanging over your head you sometimes think "why should I try to diet"? However, I know losing weight is the right thing to do and so far today I've not gone off on a tangent and eaten a whole bunch of chocolate. I've been really good...but then I've also been slightly depressed....BUt life holds no guarantees for any of us...so all any of us can do is just keep on keeping on! I'm doing all I can to stay positive...thru the tears now in fact. Have a good night and keep on working your programs.

I'm pretty happy this morning as my scales read 156!:p Lately it has bounced up and down somewhere between 162 and 158 so I was actually getting slightly discouraged...but now today it is down two more pounds.

Even with the bad news about my blood work yesterday I am a happy camper today! Hang in there everyone! We can do this!!!!!!:)

Hi all, Newbie to cruising; newbie to CC; newbie to posting to threads. Not new to WW, but lack diligence of late. But with Summer exiting and Fall around the corner, I feel motivated. I have 50 lbs that I'd like to lose by year end.

I liked reading all of the support given to each member, which is a huge factor with weight loss. Maybe it is that misery loves company...;)?

At any rate, I go back to fitness bootcamp in the morning and WW on Saturday morning. Let's see if this chickie can get herself back to healthy.

Trish

Welcome! It sounds like you are very motivated and that is great! What is fitness bootcamp? Is it through WW?

I got the call I was waiting for from my endo's office and the news is not good. They still found cancer cells...so all I can do is wait and see. He wants to do an ultrasound in April, my next appointment with him. So I'm trying to think "well, he didn't say get in here right now" so trying hard to be positive. But I was hoping they couldn't find any cells. I'm going on our trip and cruise, trying to keep on my diet but you know with that word Cancer hanging over your head you sometimes think "why should I try to diet"? However, I know losing weight is the right thing to do and so far today I've not gone off on a tangent and eaten a whole bunch of chocolate. I've been really good...but then I've also been slightly depressed....BUt life holds no guarantees for any of us...so all any of us can do is just keep on keeping on! I'm doing all I can to stay positive...thru the tears now in fact. Have a good night and keep on working your programs.

Babs my dear, you are in my prayers!!! You will get through this and enjoy life to the fullest afterwards! Do not give up and by all means have one piece of chocolate if you need too. But only one! Okay? :D

Keep us updated and know that I love you and am praying for you!!!

I'm pretty happy this morning as my scales read 156!:p Lately it has bounced up and down somewhere between 162 and 158 so I was actually getting slightly discouraged...but now today it is down two more pounds.

Even with the bad news about my blood work yesterday I am a happy camper today! Hang in there everyone! We can do this!!!!!!:)

I am so proud of you!!! 156 is AWESOME!!! Keep it up and soon the scale will say 150 EVEN!!!

Everyone,

I have only lost .2lbs this week. It has been rough and I have had to cut back the exercising a little because of my bad knee. But a downward trend is still happening and that is all that matters!!! ;)

I am still trying to curb my weakness for eating at night...it is tough but something I can overcome soon!!! Of course it might help if I stopped "hearing" the Diary Queen cake in my freezer calling my name! LOL

Take care everyone! We are winning this battle of the bulge!!!

~Crystal

Stats

CW: 163.4

Really moving around here, so much to do before we leave. Which by the way we got into government quarters in Little Rock so will drive there on Tuesday, rest on Wednesday and then Thursday drive on in to Austin for the AF reunion. Scales was 156 this a.m....maybe just a little below but like I said the scales is old and not so accurate. I know I can do this, even though I had hoped to lose more, still 24 lbs lost is doing good!;)

I need to run the vacuum cleaner, then head outside and do some last minute chores before we take off. If I don't get it all done today I will still have Sunday but I do not like to do a lot of work on Sunday. So thanks for thinking of me, thanks for the prayers, and yes, I am going to be just fine. I do so appreciate the support and help I've gotten on here. Since we will be traveling for the next 45 days or so not so sure how often I will get to post, but I will try to keep in touch. Even if I don't post, know I am thinking of all of you and our battles to lose this weight. I know we can do it!!! On Monday we will load the car and I'll look through the closets to make sure there isn't something else "I simply have to take" with us!:eek: So till we meet again, gang.....happy dieting!!!! Hugs to all.

Archived