Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

• 2 weeks later...
I only gained 5 lbs during our cruise tour, have lost 2 so far, so back on track.

Well girl, you should be proud. No scales that I've seen but so far pretty much holding my own. So what I'm saying is I can't weigh in but still doing my level best to keep on track.

Had a fun day visiting with old friends in Lawton, OK and tomorrow going in to OK City to Brick Town. No idea what it is but someone said "shopping" and don't we all love that!:eek:

I really don't want to gain any on this trip but it is possible I may so we will just have to waIt and see.:p

Still hovering between 149 and 147. I'm trying my best to keep it under 150.

Looking at more cruises online, gotta pay off this one first LOL. but I can dream.

Hi Suzque! We are still traveling so no scales available to weigh on. Tonight I had chicken for dinner, it came with mashed potatoes but I barely touched them. Also pulled off the crispy skin on the chicken. Got really hungry this afternoon, so opened up one of those tuna packs; sure hit the spot and only 80 calories. I did indulge in a glass of wine with dinner.

Our Hawaii cruise is just 5 days away!:cool: i can hardly wait!:)

• 4 weeks later...
Was back down to 145 this morning on my home scales. So going down again slowly. I would love to get to my goal by Christmas. (I started WW on 12/09 a year ago) Doesn't matter how long it takes, just so I get there.

That is wonderful. I can't wait till I see 140 something on my scales. Slow and sure wins the race!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Is it too late to join in the fun? I'm on a 'mission' to lose 40 pounds by my 50th birthday (March 2012) with an ultimate goal of losing 50. My Mr. will be 50 in June. To celebrate both 'milestones' we are doing an Alaskan Cruise in July. I want to be thin(ner) so I don't spoil the pictures as I've done during our vacations the last two years. :(

So far, I've lost 15 pounds but with the holidays approaching, I'm going to have to be SUPER DEDICATED to continue to lose.

I have a FITBIT and track my steps (goal 10,000 daily), inclines (10 daily), and miles (5.0 daily) and use it in conjunction with my iPhone app LOSE IT. Does anyone else use these systems?

I'm looking forward to the fellowship of losing with other cruisers!

Thanks and happy Sunday!

Anyone is welcome, happy to have you join us!:) Nope don't use any of the nice equipment you are using. Just plain ole trying to eat more healthy foods, walking when the weather is nice, etc.

Computer is acting up and I just lost a previous post on another site, so will make this short and sweet tonight. Maybe more tomorrow...but welcome indeed!;)

• 4 weeks later...

We've been back from our travels for a month now, no postings so I was worried everyone dropped out. I actually put on maybe two or three pounds...but for being gone...off the diet...for over seven weeks, it didn't upset me. Now I'm back to where I was before our trip and that's with Thanksgiving, our anniversary, etc. So holding my own and trying hard to continue to eat healthy and drop a few more lbs. In January we will be heading out on more cruises and will spend the winter in Florida, so I'd love to lose maybe ten more lbs before then. Realistic? Probably not but still I'm thinking "continue eating healthy, watch those sweets...they are my downfall...and do no more damage over Christmas than absolutely necessary".

Keep in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Still losing slowly. but at least the scales are going down LOL, Just 8 lbs from my desired goal, but I will be ok at 140

SW 169

CW 143

GW 135

Suzque, You are doing great. Lots going on here, I've really not gotten back in gear yet. I'm holding my own but not dropping any pounds now.

Keep up the good work!!

To my surprise I am down this week. I really pigged out at Christmas (like 4 pieces of pie lol) I expect the scales will creep up by the end of the week when it catches up to me. But for now I'm down again, so I will just enjoy it and take the consequences as they come

SW 169

CW 142

GW 135

I am cruising next month, I had lost 15 lbs in the fall, and want to loose at least another 10 by sail date! I am a lifetime member of WW but have fallen off the weight loss wagon, had some health issues and spinal surgery and it honestly hurt to exercise, and I realize I was eating out of boredom. :) I am always glad to meet weight loss buddies. I would love to hit 160. I am 5 ft 7 also, and turn 50 next Month!

I am cruising next month, I had lost 15 lbs in the fall, and want to loose at least another 10 by sail date! I am a lifetime member of WW but have fallen off the weight loss wagon, had some health issues and spinal surgery and it honestly hurt to exercise, and I realize I was eating out of boredom. :) I am always glad to meet weight loss buddies. I would love to hit 160. I am 5 ft 7 also, and turn 50 next Month!

Welcome and sorry to say not many are posting here anymore. I guess either they took their cruises and gave it all up...re: their diets..or else they just stopped. We are departing Thursday a.m. early for New Orleans and two cruises out of that port (a new one for us).

Re: the dieting, which I don't like to call it a diet, but a lifestyle change...I've not been very good at writing in my journal. In fact I just quit after we returned from our Hawaii cruise. I've managed to hold my own, but have not lost anymore. I began this new eating routine last March and by late September when we left for our CA, TX and HI trip, I'd lost 30 pounds. I think I've gained back about two or three but with the holidays I'm not getting frustrated over that. I simply must begin to eat a bit more sensibly and my main problem is sweets. ( I.E. Last night I made fudge for us.) I'll take some to a neighbor so we don't eat it all...and I am the bad one, I dearly love chocolate of any kind.

Sorry not many are posting here, you may find more activity on other threads, but I will be back from time to time. I just don't do much computer time when we cruise or travel...so even if I don't post, I'll be sure and read. Though I do know the encouragement we get from others is a big help so maybe if no one else joins in, at least the two of us can motivate each other. I'd like that.:D

50 days until I sail and I still want to loose 10 more. I am having issues doing any other exercise but walking, I am trying to get in to shape to be able to enjoy the cruise after the posterior fusion on my neck. It is such a struggle to stay motivated when my neck is not cooperating, but I am gonna do my best, I turn 50 in Feb and my hubby in July. We are both interested in getting fit. Fit and 50, is a long shot for my birthday or cruise but before I am 51 maybe!:D I really want 10 more off by cruise time! I hope someone out there is still working on it, even if they have already cruised.

Good luck, you should be able to lose 10 pounds in 50 days. Keep on walking and try to increase it a little at a time. Also focus more on fruits and vegetbles. Leave those carbs, sugars etc. alone.

Do't try to over do it if you've just had eck surgery.....slow and steady wins every time. Good luck.

We take off on a cruise tomorrow and I will try todo the stairs as much as possible, eat sensibily and stick to my diet.

Well I haven't been sticking to my program this week at all, but for some reason I didn't gain anything, instead I lost 1/4 lb. I have been losing around 1/2 to 2 lb a week lately so it did have an effect on me, but thank goodness not too bad.

newest stats

SW 169

CW 142

GW 135

Archived