Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

(quote JustUs275: welovetocruisetwo: hi back to a fellow Hoosier! :) Oh I know where Columbus is, love that city with it's interesting architecture and bridges...and really love the outlet mall at Edinburgh. LOL I live near Evansville, way down at the southern border of the state. But my daughter and I manage to make 2-3 trips a year to the outlet mall...gotta clothe the grandchildren you know! ;))

Thanks; we like Columbus. It is where I was born and raised and about 11 years we returned to Indiana to be here to help my father. Don't get up to the outlet mall very often, but it is a great place to shop. Haven't been to Evansville in a long time but know exactly where you are.

YOO HOO!!! I felt better today, still sick but well enough to get out. Decided I needed to go shopping for new clothes, wanted somethng that actually fit.

I went to the local mall, walked up one side, down the other, in and out of stores. I was looking for shoes to wear with my dress for our vow renewal, no luck. Went to Sears and found some things (on sale), tried on size 12 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, THEY FIT!!! tried on medium pants, (size 10-12), they fit a little loose! Then got brave, tried on small pants they fit!!, but a bit tighter then I like, so I got the medium.

Tops were medium 10-12. All this down from a snug 16, going on 18. Funny thing is I tried on a blouse, size medium fit like a small, but the large was a bit big on me, I got the large and will put some darts in it to fit it a little better.

The best part was I had several old gift cards and applied them to the purchase. Original total was $134.00, after total was only $78.00, that was for 9 pieces of clothing. So I'm happy.

I did have an Iced chocolate mint coffee while at the mall, and 2 andres chocolate mints because I was beginning to feel weak and shakey. (hypoglycemic), but even at that my total points for the day were good. I still had 14 left for dinner! So I am feeling a lot better now LOL

YOO HOO!!! I felt better today, still sick but well enough to get out. Decided I needed to go shopping for new clothes, wanted somethng that actually fit.

I went to the local mall, walked up one side, down the other, in and out of stores. I was looking for shoes to wear with my dress for our vow renewal, no luck. Went to Sears and found some things (on sale), tried on size 12 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, THEY FIT!!! tried on medium pants, (size 10-12), they fit a little loose! Then got brave, tried on small pants they fit!!, but a bit tighter then I like, so I got the medium.

Tops were medium 10-12. All this down from a snug 16, going on 18. Funny thing is I tried on a blouse, size medium fit like a small, but the large was a bit big on me, I got the large and will put some darts in it to fit it a little better.

The best part was I had several old gift cards and applied them to the purchase. Original total was $134.00, after total was only $78.00, that was for 9 pieces of clothing. So I'm happy.

I did have an Iced chocolate mint coffee while at the mall, and 2 andres chocolate mints because I was beginning to feel weak and shakey. (hypoglycemic), but even at that my total points for the day were good. I still had 14 left for dinner! So I am feeling a lot better now LOL

That is wonderful news. :D I know it must feel really great to try on things and see you've gone down sizes! As hard as I worked out in the yard today, I should drop some this week...at least I hope so. Think I worked close to four hours all totaled and it was not easy work either.

I am really thrilled for you and thanks for the uplifting news. It should motivate all of us....and to think you were not feeling well earlier in the week! This news has to make you now feel terrific!!!;) Keep up the good work. I don't seem to be going anyplace, so am thinking I may need to switch over to Weight Watchers or something else. I'm eating very light meals and yet the weight just sticks on there. Anyhow, tickled pink about your good news and the smaller clothes is just awesome!!!!

Suzque49 - so exciting that you were able to buy smaller sized clothing today...that makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?!! And getting such a great bargain is fun too. :D Glad you are feeling better.

welovetocruisetoo - shew, 4 hours of hard yard work - sounds like torture to me! LOL Yard work is one of my most avoided tasks...I wish I liked it because I do love a nice yard and it is great exercise.

Does everyone report their weight loss/gain on a certain day? With our work contest, we reported in on Fridays. I have a feeling I will be doing good to maintain this week! Although I've done pretty well at making good eating choices this week, I think I am "paying" for last week's indulgences. We are taking a family weekend trip to St. Louis later this month and I really hope to drop below the 180 mark by then. I'm thinking the zoo etc. will be easier on me and more fun now that I weigh a little less. Still hoping the temps are in the lower 80's though - I do not like to sweat! LOL :)

Have a nice Friday, everyone!

Good morning all and happy Friday! :) Regarding when we report in, don't think any of us do it at a particular time, just when you feel like it. Some days if there is good news you want to celebrate and "tell the world"; some days nothing happens and you feel down and out. On those days I generally don't say much.

Yep probably more than four hours of yard work...digging weeds, edging, etc. Not fun but something that had to be done. :rolleyes: Last summer the heat and hot sun just baked one side of our yard (south side) so the weeds took over like gang busters this spring. We've been digging weeds and pulling weeds out of the flower beds since it got warm enough to work outside. Think this area is just about finished, except for pulling a few more weeds in the beds. Doesn't seem like any weight loss from all that

work but maybe I hydrated too much. It will all come off in due time, I just have to keep diligent. When I do indulge in something "not so good for me" I only have a little and yes, it is hard to keep going and not have an occasional bite of something sweet.

Fitting into clothes you either already had and finding they are loose is a great reward in itself and likewise going shopping and finding you can go down a size or two is wonderful also. Keep focused people (and I say this as much for myself as for anyone else) and have a wonderful weekend.:)

I forgot that I had joined a challenge here, gosh I really need to get back to my good habits. I will start Insanity today. I need to look good for my cruise, no one is going to stop me now.

I notice you are going on your first cruise! And you've already joined Cruise Critic! :D Wow, I'm impressed. Good for you and I'm not so sure we are a "challenge" but we do try to keep each other motivated. You are also pretty brave to be cruising in July (during hurricane season) so I hope you have a wonderful trip and just love it. We cruised on the Freedom this past winter and didn't care much for it. Too big for our liking and we just generally felt that the smaller ships are more friendly etc.

I've really been doing quite well all day and have worked hard while not sneaking a nibble of something "bad". I'm determined that scales is gonna move this coming week or else I'm gonna die trying.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!:)

Well I got on my scales this morning. even though I haven't been watching what I eat very much I still lost weight.

SW 169.8

CW 147.6

GW 135

WOW you are going along at a marvelous speed! Good for you. Can't say the same here. i'm stuck but not giving up and in looking at the days on my journal, I've been on this road for right at 70 days now. I know I've changed my outlook of food and I know I can eat less and still be satisfied. Not sure if I mentioned before but I have thyroid cancer and with no thyroid now this ole body just doesn't do all it used to do. I've always had a very difficult time losing but even more so now. Not giving up though, staying the course and I know eventually more will be lost.

Great job Suzque49!:);)

Congrats Suzque49 - keep up the great work! :)

Welovetocruisetwo - thyroid cancer, wow...I take thyroid medicine but no cancer. :( Keep the positive attitude, that is sure to help!

I weighed in at work yesterday and lost .5 lb this week, 23.5 lbs lost so far. Not much loss this week, but I know that I have been lax with eating properly...for the past 6 weeks, I have had at least one baby shower and/or graduation party to attend each weekend - all with delicious foods and desserts. :p

But I am happy to say that I have eaten a lot less at those functions than I normally would have. Portion control is a big part of my problem and I am making a conscious effort to be aware of what a portion is of whatever I'm eating and to try and stick to that. I admit to even watching "normal" people and what they put on their plates, and try to mimic that. :o Our granddaughter is here with us this weekend :) and I promised her pizza for dinner; so I fixed a thin crust pizza because I figured that was a bit healthier than regular crust, and I only ate 1 piece.

We opened our pool today so maybe I'll be able to get in some aqua-size several days a week. Tomorrow we go to my in-laws to celebrate Dad's 90th birthday! (more food and desserts! haha) Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Hello everybody, It is Sunday and my scales did finally inch down a bit I'm happy to say. Looks like about another pound (finally); it's been a long dry spell for me. Yep, the big C none of us ever want to hear spoken in regards to our health, but I am dealing with it. Not quite sure if my levels are where they should be but again some things are just out of our control so I work on what I can and leave the important things in God's hands. I do know one thing and that is my eating habits have changed a lot and for that I'm thankful. If I stick with it, continue to stay away from most things I shouldn't eat, eventually I will get down to my goal weight. I just try hard to think even when I don't lose that "maintaining is important too". ;)

Stay cool and enjoy the day. Having a pool would be wonderful so jump in there and get some exercise as well as just having fun!!!:D

Ok so I didn't start Insanity just yet, I will start tomorrow because is a Monday so that I can have Sundays off.

I am really disappointed because I need the motivation and I am not motivated at all. I am going on a cruise in 60 days gosh I have to do something.

I promise that I will do the fit test on Monday.

Ok so I didn't start Insanity just yet, I will start tomorrow because is a Monday so that I can have Sundays off.

I am really disappointed because I need the motivation and I am not motivated at all. I am going on a cruise in 60 days gosh I have to do something.

I promise that I will do the fit test on Monday.

Hello and it seems to me (forgive me if I say something to offend) you are not quite ready for this "diet" or I guess as you are calling it "Insanity".:confused:

A little hint, get out a picture of yourself and put it on the fridge. Anytime I see myself in a picture I usually want to just cringe. Think that might motivate you any?:p I've been "doing this" for right at 70 days now and I've finally "adjusted" my "thinking" on how I look at food. Sometimes I still allow myself to eat something I know I shouldn't have (chocolate for example and it is my downfall, I'll admit it), but I do try to just have a small bit...not the whole package or the whole bar at once. I don't let myself feel guilty either when I fall off the wagon for a bit.:rolleyes:

Someone posted earlier about staying on course for a week or some period of time and then going off. I guess I'll have to scroll back and look that up. Even if we allow ourselves a day or a half day to "be bad again", it can't hurt us too much. Anyhow, give that picture trick a try, you never know it might get you going. I hope I've helped motivate you a bit and you will jump right in with both feet and come join us. The more the merrier!!!:D

I notice you are going on your first cruise! And you've already joined Cruise Critic! :D Wow, I'm impressed. Good for you and I'm not so sure we are a "challenge" but we do try to keep each other motivated. You are also pretty brave to be cruising in July (during hurricane season) so I hope you have a wonderful trip and just love it. We cruised on the Freedom this past winter and didn't care much for it. Too big for our liking and we just generally felt that the smaller ships are more friendly etc.

I've really been doing quite well all day and have worked hard while not sneaking a nibble of something "bad". I'm determined that scales is gonna move this coming week or else I'm gonna die trying.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!:)

Aww thank you. Sorry for the late response but I just saw it right now. I am going on the cruise in August 7th -August 14th.

I didn't keep my promise and I didn't start Insanity, instead I will start tomorrow with the fit test. I rather start on Monday because like that I can have Sundays off and exercise 6 days a week.

I need all the motivation that I can get because it is soooooo hard to stay focus.

Good luck with your journey.

Aww thank you. Sorry for the late response but I just saw it right now. I am going on the cruise in August 7th -August 14th.

I didn't keep my promise and I didn't start Insanity, instead I will start tomorrow with the fit test. I rather start on Monday because like that I can have Sundays off and exercise 6 days a week.

I need all the motivation that I can get because it is soooooo hard to stay focus.

Good luck with your journey.

Well it just takes making up your mind you want to live a long and healthy life. So were you the one who stated they did so many days on and then one off?:confused: i've never tried that but it does sound good!

Keep posting and take anything you can get from the rest of us when we are having good days. On our down days you may be the one who has to pump us up and help us keep focused! It does work and we need each other.

Welovetocruisetwo

Insanity is a workout DVD and is called that way, is pretty intense. I had done Insanity months ago and I posted in a thread to someone else that I used to do it but I live in an apartment and the noise in my room bothered my neighbor. So maybe that's what you saw? But the program goes with a calendar, first day is the fit test and then it tells you what other working videos you have to do. So you have a day off which for me since I started today it will be Sunday.

Anyways, today I did the Insanity fit test. I will keep a journal on my computer of everything that I did. I am thinking of also incorporating PX90 but for next month.

Fit Test Day 1

Switch kicks: 60

Power Jacks: 30

Power Knees: 50

Power Jumps:6

Globe Jumps:4

Suicide Jump:5

Push up Jacks:2

Low Plank Oblique:10

Welovetocruisetwo

Insanity is a workout DVD and is called that way, is pretty intense. I had done Insanity months ago and I posted in a thread to someone else that I used to do it but I live in an apartment and the noise in my room bothered my neighbor. So maybe that's what you saw? But the program goes with a calendar, first day is the fit test and then it tells you what other working videos you have to do. So you have a day off which for me since I started today it will be Sunday.

Anyways, today I did the Insanity fit test. I will keep a journal on my computer of everything that I did. I am thinking of also incorporating PX90 but for next month.

Fit Test Day 1

Switch kicks: 60

Power Jacks: 30

Power Knees: 50

Power Jumps:6

Globe Jumps:4

Suicide Jump:5

Push up Jacks:2

Low Plank Oblique:10

Wow, what a work out! I'd say you will lose doing all of this.:cool: I do a journal too but keep it right at the table so I can write as I begin my meal ...or else I forget and then don't remember to write it down. But I do like your idea of doing it on the computer. I may go back thru my journal and write a synopsis of each week and sort of do it like that. Right now it is about all I can do to keep up with all the outside work, so no other types of exercise, also I'm an old broad. I mean honestly a lot older than all of you here on this thread but I'm still "young at heart" so not gonna keep an old gal down for long. Today I've been into some candy so hope my scales isn't mean to me in the morning, but if it is then it's just what I deserve. I didn't eat the "whole thing" but more than I should have!:( I just might pull out my weights tonight and my pulleys (or whatever you call those stretch cord like things) and try a little of that IF I have any energy left.:p

Whew, what a day! Work was stressful and stepping on the scales this morning to a half-pound gain didn't help matters. :( I didn't make smart eating choices this weekend (again)...I am discouraged and disappointed with myself. I have to get a grip - I have come too far to give in to old habits and gain back the weight I've lost. Help!!!

On a brighter note, I did make smart eating choices today. :) No exercise though...worked thru lunch (when I usually walk at the local mall) and too exhausted when I finally got home. Tomorrow is a new day, right?!

Whew, what a day! Work was stressful and stepping on the scales this morning to a half-pound gain didn't help matters. :( I didn't make smart eating choices this weekend (again)...I am discouraged and disappointed with myself. I have to get a grip - I have come too far to give in to old habits and gain back the weight I've lost. Help!!!

On a brighter note, I did make smart eating choices today. :) No exercise though...worked thru lunch (when I usually walk at the local mall) and too exhausted when I finally got home. Tomorrow is a new day, right?!

Hello JustUs275, I've been a naughty girl today, so we all have days like this.

Do not beat yourself up, just say to yourself "tomorrow I will do better"! That is what I am telling myself. I am hoping here in a few minutes to get some exercise in before bedtime. You shouldn't skip lunch though, that is not good. I've found I actually do best if I have a snack between meals and lately I've not done that. So tomorrow I'm going back to those little snacks.

Just don't get too down on yourself. We all go through days like this. I'm sorry work was stressful for you and hope tomorrow will be better. Hang in there.

Good morning everyone! Well I have good news to report, even though I was a "bad girl" yesterday and eventually consumed a small box of malted milk balls (throughout the day...not all at once :() I was down another pound this morning. Could be that I ate well enough and did enough that those calories "didn't count"!:confused: Who knows but at least I'm not completely off track. So far I've watered my new grass and talked with a neighbor, made coffee and now I see DH has finally crawled out of bed, so I will go fix us some breakfast.

Have a great day and lets all try hard to keep in focus. Whatever your goal is...even when you have a bad day or afternoon....just keep looking at what you want to achieve down the road. I thought I wanted to be able to wear some gorgeous beaded shells on our October cruise, but have now changed my mind. Now I know it is all about being healthy, feeling better and an added bonus of "looking better". WE CAN DO THIS GANG!!! I KNOW WE CAN!!!!! ;):):D

Welovetocruisetwo That was just the fit test which is day one, then you do it every two weeks to see how you have improved. After that you do other videos with workout that you don't have to write it down. The workout program comes with a calendar that says Day 1 Fit Test Tuesday something else etc hope that made sense. So next time I do my fit test I will compare the numbers to see if I have improve.

Aww dont say that about yourself, my mom is also trying to lose weight. She eats good though but she had 5 kids lol and I tell her not to worry too much.

Today I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit it was 41 minutes long. I was drowning in my own sweat as usual. There were a few things I couldn't do because I am not that fit just yet like doing a lot of push ups but for the most part I did everything else. I am really proud of myself.

I also started taking Vitamin D3.

So far I drank 4 cups of water.

I might go out for a walk too.

Now I need to start eating good as well.

Well you are certainly getting enough exercise. You should be very proud of yourself.

Too hot here to do much so I won't get much exercise today. I hoped to do some painting or at least some prep work, but not gonna happen. It will wait till another day.

Keep up the good work.

Today I did the Cardio Power & Resistance it was 40 minutes long. Once again I was drowning in my own seat. I had to take a hot bath with epsom salt because my muscles are sort.

I took my vitamin D3 and the multivitamin.

I did a green smoothie(with spinach and fruits).

I am drinking a lot of water.

Drank some green tea with a piece of lime in it.

I ate with some salad and I am planning to eat salad daily.

I am also planning on reducing my sugar intake.

Hello everyone! I'm happy to say that today was a much better day, as far as work and my weigh-in. That pesky .5 lb got lost again :D, so now I am at 24 lb loss. I hope to be at 25 lbs by next Friday, kind of a target date I set for myself because that is our family weekend trip.

I have made much better eating choices this week. My daughter passed along her dinner leftovers to us last night; she made "turkey meat loaf", using ground turkey and baking them in cupcake pans. Tasted really good and the size was perfect, so handy. I didn't skip eating lunch on Monday, I just ate at my desk while I worked - but I didn't get my lunchtime walk in. I did get to walk at lunch yesterday though. I need to get a pedometer so I know how far I'm walking. We do 3 laps at a quick pace and it usually takes us 20 minutes or so.

I have definitely found that I do better at portion control and overall intake if I eat 3 meals plus a couple of healthy snacks. Lately I've been into sugar-free cherry jello as a snack - so nice and cold on these hot days! :) My eating plan is pretty basic: limiting carbs (pasta & chips!) and sweets, more veggies, fewer diet drinks, lots of water. I like cold water so it's not hard for me to drink around 64 oz per day.

I really need to do more exercise; I just canceled my Y membership today because it just doesn't work out for me to go so it doesn't make sense for me to keep paying for it. It's about 40 minutes from my house and not convenient. I work about 10 hours a day, with drive time and lunch I'm at about 12 hours in my work day. But I need to be more diligent about walking at lunch in the local mall, which is geared towards health related stores etc. and then again in the evening after it cools down.

Anyway, I've rambled enough for tonight - thanks for the encouragement, that's what I need sometimes - just so glad that the .5 lb went away quickly! LOL Have a good night, everyone!

I've got to say "wow" to both CruiseSwag and JustUs275!!!! You are both doing just great!!! Your eating choices, exercise, etc. are just wonderful.

I, on the other hand, am not getting enough exercise I know. I am eating healthy and watching portion control but don't seem to lose much. Anyhow I'm sticking to the program and not about to give up.

So proud of both of you, and hope you keep up the good work!!!!:)

Having "one of those nights" where I can't seem to fall to sleep, so decided to get up and check out the computer. Hoping I can now go back to bed and get some rest. I may have been "overtired" when I went to bed but whatever, I just couldn't fall asleep.

Keep up the wonderful work you are both doing and you will soon reach your goals.:D;)

Archived