Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

I am back! after a short post-cruise depression.......I am checking back in! I ended up taking a short break from Curves, but I am back there as well. It is hard to be motivated with out something like a wonderful cruise to look forward to! However, after looking at the pictures taken on our cruise, I am determined to lose this weight so our next cruise will be all I have dreamed of! I also missed seeing what all of you have been doing, so I will be checking in more often!:D

I am back! after a short post-cruise depression.......I am checking back in! I ended up taking a short break from Curves, but I am back there as well. It is hard to be motivated with out something like a wonderful cruise to look forward to! However, after looking at the pictures taken on our cruise, I am determined to lose this weight so our next cruise will be all I have dreamed of! I also missed seeing what all of you have been doing, so I will be checking in more often!:D

Welcome home VTcruisenut! Don't you just hate looking at your own pictures? I know I sure do! Lately I've been deleting some pictures on the computer and boy in some of them I looked absolutely terrible. Not just fat, but the pictures were awful to begin with!:( However, seeing yourself can be a great motivator, that's for darned sure!;)

I'm off to finish this little painting project and then hope to get some yard work going as it is warmer here today.

Oops, I made a mistake on my last post as to my weight at my last weigh in, I looked at my record book again and what I posted was incorrect.

I posted that this weeks weight was 151.2I was wrong

it is 150.2 instead LOL

So should be;

SW 169

CW 150.2

GW 135

Oops, I made a mistake on my last post as to my weight at my last weigh in, I looked at my record book again and what I posted was incorrect.

I posted that this weeks weight was 151.2I was wrong

it is 150.2 instead LOL

So should be;

SW 169

CW 150.2

GW 135

Hey Suzque49, Don't overlook one single ounce let alone a whole pound!!!:p That is wonderful!!! I'm still thinking I should buy a new scales as mine is really really old. (I mean eons old!) I let the sale go by at Bed Bath and Beyond but I'm sure there will be another. As long as I'm still finding jeans and slacks are getting loser I'm happy. A digital scales would be more accurate is what I'm thinking.

You are getting so close!!;) You will do this!!!!!

Thanks Babs, I am getting close to the last 10lbs, so weight loss is slowing a bit.

I would really like to lose at least another 10 by the cruise. But if I don't, I still feel a lot better then I did when I was 20lbs heavier. And My clothes do fit so much better, (I need to go shopping and get things that actually fit LOL)

Hi Everyone! Congrats to all who have lost, stayed on program and exercised! Welcome back VT! I have been back to Zumba and staying somewhat on program.

I'm probably going to drink wine tonight. I had to put my cat down today. :( She wasn't that old, but became incontinent lately and has become a housekeeping nightmare. I can't have grandbabies crawling around through drips of yucky stuff. She's such a sweet cat that she wants to sit in everyone's lap and purrs like crazy. Then she gets up and you find your clothes are soiled. I feel so bad... so guilty. The vet said she could have surgery that "might" fix the problem, but it also might make it worse. I've spent the last 3 months getting other opinions, but miracles were not in our future. Today when I took her in, the vet acted like I should be able to live with the problem. ... who diapers a cat?? :rolleyes: That made me feel even more like a monster. Last night she got on my bed....... When I woke up, my pillow was dirty. :eek: That was the last straw. Please tell me I did the right thing.

Thanks for letting me vent.:o

Thanks Babs, I am getting close to the last 10lbs, so weight loss is slowing a bit.

I would really like to lose at least another 10 by the cruise. But if I don't, I still feel a lot better then I did when I was 20lbs heavier. And My clothes do fit so much better, (I need to go shopping and get things that actually fit LOL)

That is so great!!!:D I wish I only had 10 more lbs to go but I am right now where you began...so had more to take off. Did get my little painting project done and then DS and I tackled trimming a tree in the back yard.

It had grown so much and was shading the garden area too much, so he cut off a couple big limbs. I helped him trim the smaller ones and we both hauled them across the street for the yard trash men to pick up. Our town has a shredder they bring along each week, so hoping they get them tomorrow. They then take it back to the yard and there is free mulch for all the residents if you bring your own truck and shovel it yourselves.

Things do seem to slow down when you get close to your goal, but you keep on what you've been doing and I know you will reach that goal soon.:)

Hi Everyone! Congrats to all who have lost, stayed on program and exercised! Welcome back VT! I have been back to Zumba and staying somewhat on program.

I'm probably going to drink wine tonight. I had to put my cat down today. :( She wasn't that old, but became incontinent lately and has become a housekeeping nightmare. I can't have grandbabies crawling around through drips of yucky stuff. She's such a sweet cat that she wants to sit in everyone's lap and purrs like crazy. Then she gets up and you find your clothes are soiled. I feel so bad... so guilty. The vet said she could have surgery that "might" fix the problem, but it also might make it worse. I've spent the last 3 months getting other opinions, but miracles were not in our future. Today when I took her in, the vet acted like I should be able to live with the problem. ... who diapers a cat?? :rolleyes: That made me feel even more like a monster. Last night she got on my bed....... When I woke up, my pillow was dirty. :eek: That was the last straw. Please tell me I did the right thing.

Oh my, of course you are sad; I would be too. These things are just so tough to handle and I can tell you straight off you did the right thing.

We have pets to enrich our lives, not to make them more difficult to live with. Recently our daughter had to put down a small kitten who had some uncurable disease. They tried an experimental treatment but she continued to decline so they decided she had to be put down. I know it is one of the most difficult things anyone has to do because we do love our pets.

I hope it is okay to add some good news on here though I do hesitate since I know you are so down about the cat. Oh well, I won't make it too upbeat but I have to share. My scales has sat at one figure or bounced between two of them for days now, and this a.m. I was down 2 1/2 pounds so I am a happy camper.:) The sun is out and the deck will be getting a new coat of stain this afternoon so that is another plus.

Re: your venting....please always dump here so you get it out of your system. I always think that is the best thing to do. Telling a friend helps lighten all our burdens!:) Again so very sorry for your loss and it was the right thing to do!

Hi guys! Just thought I would check in with you all here. I'm still at the same weight I was a week ago, which I suppose is better than going up... but oh well. Lack of time for exercise is killing it for me. Fiance is doing better all the time... he's getting a bit stir crazy not working though.

Jan, it's always a hard call to make regarding our pets. You just can't second-guess yourself or let anyone else's opinions affect what you had to do.

VT- welcome back. I'm sorry you were suffering from the cruise-is-over blues, but there's always a next time :)

Suzque, congrats on your 150.2! Even if the numbers are going down slower, at least they are still going down!

Babs, I liked your comments about the cheesecake and how you had allowed yourself to enjoy it, but then found it wasn't worth it and then stopped yourself from eating it. That is great about your commitment to health. GREAT mindset to be in.. make sure every bite we eat is "worth it".

Crystal, how are you doing? You sound so busy with burning up those calories!! Keep up the great work!

Oh Jan, you are in my prayers Hun. It is a hard decision but you made the right choice for your beloved cat and grandchildren. We had to do the same thing with our last cat. It was hard on our kids, but they understood that "pebbles" deserved a better way of life. Let us know how you are doing! Crystal

I made a conscious choice, tried the cheesecake and it wasn't worth it...but I'm glad I did it.

Today we got the deck stained, it looks so good, proud and happy it is done but really tired too.

I was so happy to see a drop in lbs on the scales this a.m. I don't think we should go without for a long time without giving ourselves a chance to see how we will handle a temptation.

Re: the cat, you have to do what you know in your own heart is the right choice. You did just fine!

Weekend is coming up, keep up the good work, don't beat yourself up if you go off your diet, just get back on that horse and show him who is the boss.

We are in charge, we will do this, we will lose the weight we want to lose!

This is exciting news I just have to share. Got a terrific upgrade today on our Hawaii cruise this October. Due to military discount, we got upgraded to a sky suite for just $50 more per person. WOW now if that doesn't motivate me!!! If I can just get into those beaded shells I'll be a happy camper. Then again these flabby arms may preclude the wearing of anything sleeveless!

This is exciting news I just have to share. Got a terrific upgrade today on our Hawaii cruise this October. Due to military discount, we got upgraded to a sky suite for just $50 more per person. WOW now if that doesn't motivate me!!! If I can just get into those beaded shells I'll be a happy camper. Then again these flabby arms may preclude the wearing of anything sleeveless!

Oooh what a deal!! You're gonna look great on that cruise :)

Oooh what a deal!! You're gonna look great on that cruise :)

Well lovepea, not so positive how great I'm gonna look but I'm sure gonna be one smiling broad, thats for dang sure! Someone posted they were giving great military discounts so I contacted our TA and sure enough, it was about a $1100 savings...sure can't beat that!!!! Upgrade from a veranda to a sky suite....."how sweet it is"! to quote Jackie Gleason on the Honeymooners...likely much before anyone's time on this thread.:p

I hope it is okay to add some good news on here though I do hesitate since I know you are so down about the cat. Oh well, I won't make it too upbeat but I have to share. My scales has sat at one figure or bounced between two of them for days now, and this a.m. I was down 2 1/2 pounds so I am a happy camper.:) The sun is out and the deck will be getting a new coat of stain this afternoon so that is another plus.

2 1/2 pounds is awesome Babs!!! That is 10 sticks of butter melted completely off!

Hey yall!

Im going to start my diet today because i am going a cruise in july so i have about 2 months!

Im really happy for the rest of you that have lost weight hope i can too! :)

Welcome CAMITWEET! We would love to support you in your diet! keep us posted in how you are doing!!!

Hey yall!

Im going to start my diet today because i am going a cruise in july so i have about 2 months!

Im really happy for the rest of you that have lost weight hope i can too! :)

Welcome to our group and we all wish you luck on losing. Today is day 51 of my diet and I have to admit some days it goes great and other days not so good. We just have to stick to it and keep our focus!;)

Just remember,

"One day does not a diet break".

If you have an oops and get off track on a day, let it go by, what matters is the overall results at the end of the week.

So don't beat yourself up for "slipping" off track, it's just one day.

Tomorrow we all get a fresh new start with a clean slate.

Hi All, Welcome Camitweet!

Thanks for the support about the cat. Please don't think that you can't celebrate your successes because I had a bad day. I know I did the right thing for my family, that's all I can do. :o

I'm so glad to hear that 10 sticks of butter are gone! :DYay! Good work!

For everyone who stayed the same.... I'm there with you.

I have a new plan to start next week. I've decided that I'm not a marathoner. :rolleyes: I will never stick with something for a long period of time, so I'm going to "sprint". I'll do 6 days of strict "dieting". Low cal, low fat, low carb..yadayadayada... On day 7 I'll eat like a regular non diet day. If I think I have to go long periods of time on a diet, I give up, get mad, binge, etc. So if I know that I can have a regular day once a week, I should be able to go the short distance of 6 days. 6 days on and 1 off should still net a loss. Let's hope so. I'll let you know.

Tonight we had a dinner party........... :eek: Too much food, desserts, wine......oh my. I wasn't terrible, but I did indulge a bit. Monday starts my new plan.

Thanks everyone for being so caring! ((hugs))

Just remember,

If you have an oops and get off track on a day, let it go by, what matters is the overall results at the end of the week.

This is a wonderful concept. I love it; in fact will print it out and stick it on my refrigerator! "One day does not a diet break"! Exactly how I felt about the cheesecake that evening. We just have to keep our goal in mind, whether it is to just lose weight, change our eating habits completely, be healthier or whatever!:)

Your new plan sounds quite reasonable so please keep us in the loop and let us know how it turns out. One reason I do allow myself a small bite of chocolate from time to time or that taste of the cheesecake. We can't just be all about dieting every single minute of our lives. I just feel that I have changed my idea of what food means and I am trying so hard to look at food as other than comfort for me.

Please know we are all thinking of you during this stressful time; losing a pet is never a good thing for any of us. Just hang in there.

The sun is out, the sky is blue and I'm about to go figure out a healthy way to cook chicken (something different sounds good to me today). Also

have a sick neighbor who loves my brownies, so I am going to bake some for her and for my husband (who is a brownie nut!!!:p)

Just got an email and our TA has decided to give us the additional $75.00 OBC he more or less reneged on a couple days ago. So that is making me smile a lot.:D

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend and sticking to your diets. The idea of six days on and then one day off sounds good to me. I don't actually do that but if I'm in the mood for something, I feel one little bit isn't gonna ruin the whole diet. Hang in there gang!!!:)

Just remember,

Boy do I need to heed my own advice today, I just ate and ate. Not good. I know I shouldn't get on the scales every day, but I did, and saw it was creeping up. I gained 3/4 lb over 3 days :-(.

Well tomorrows another day.

Archived