Hurricane Season

tuscandream

We are booked on the Valor for thanksgiving week, I believe hurrican season ends the beginning of Nov is this true? I surely hope we have wonderful weather. Has anyone had any problems traveling this week in the past? :confused:

November 30th is the last day of hurricane season, however, it is "possible" to have a tropical cyclone outside the "season", but is far less common.

There are always opportunities for poor weather in various degrees of course, but to answer your specific question, I have sailed that week the last two years and had great weather both times. We are sailing the week after Thanksgiving this year. :)

Mother Nature does not have a calander hanging on her wall. Tropical Storms can form any time of the year. They are just more likely to form during the so called Hurricane Season. You travel during Hurricane Season and you take your chances. If travel to specific ports is important, fly there.

I think it was last year or the year before that there was a tropical storm in early December but that is a rarity.

Once you get clear of the first week of October or so, even when the storms do form, they rarely get bigger than a category 1 hurricane, due to the waters have cooled and warm water, is what fuels the intensity of the storms.

Your odds for a hurricane free cruise are in your favor....

Enjoy.

Bill

We are booked on the Valor for thanksgiving week, I believe hurrican season ends the beginning of Nov is this true? I surely hope we have wonderful weather. Has anyone had any problems traveling this week in the past? :confused:

The only problem we have ever had that time of year is the occasional port change.....and having it end.

A storm like that is possible virtually anytime. It's called hurricane season for a reason and don't think mother nature pays attention to the calendar.

Don't worry about it as I've dodged plenty of storms and typically had great weather (knock on wood). Have fun.

Archived