Conquest review 10/17/10, Pics included

Meyer2

Glad they fixed the distance traveled & distance to port maps on the TV. They were down the entire week for us. The light up map on the way to Degas Lounge was also dark most of the week. One night it showed we left Waco & were around Nashville. lol Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

Keep it coming. Still looking for crew we would recognice, so far just Mr. V. I agree, he was very friendly. For us, he is the first one that has ever taken the time to stop by the table for a visit.

Great review so far!

Thanks!

I love your review and Pics. I definitely have to cruise on The Conquest again to do all the things I missed this time. :)

You should Jodi!! :) And Thanks!

Glad they fixed the distance traveled & distance to port maps on the TV. They were down the entire week for us. The light up map on the way to Degas Lounge was also dark most of the week. One night it showed we left Waco & were around Nashville. lol Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

Keep it coming. Still looking for crew we would recognice, so far just Mr. V. I agree, he was very friendly. For us, he is the first one that has ever taken the time to stop by the table for a visit.

LOL about Waco & Nashville!

For Jamaica we chose to not do an excursion as we had some scheduled for the next 2 ports. After docking, we walked around Promenade & out the window we saw them testing the lifeboats.

DSCN0548.jpg

A little while after that we got off the ship, our 1st port of call! We just walked into the little shop area there at the port & ended up running into some of new CC friends, so we all chatted for awhile & DH & Kevin drank a Red Stripe beer. We made a couple of purchases for souviers for us, kiddos & family, including 3 small bottles of rum & then we headed back to the ship for lunch. Hit the lido grill today & ate up in the fish & chips area.

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

After lunch we headed up to the top deck FWD to look around & enjoy the scenery. Then headed to the cabin to change into bathing suits to try out the slide per our kids request, LOL. We enjoyed the slide & then headed back to the cabin for a little nap before sail away. We ended up napping for 3hrs!! Felt so good!

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

We woke up a few minutes after 5, got dressed for dinner & we started sail away about 5 minutes to 6:00, so we then headed for dinner.

DSC_0323.jpg

Tonight for dinner, we both had the fried mozarella & baked potato soup for appetizer. Both were delicous! DH had the flat iron steak & WCMC, I had the grilled chicken breast, potatoes & butter pecan ice cream.

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

Tonight's towel animal:

DSC_0335.jpg

We then went by the photo gallery & then off to the Magic & Illusion show. OMGosh, this show with Lady Hellevi was awesome!!! We really enjoyed the show! Afterwards, off to the Latour Bar to meet with Meredith & Dale for drinks.

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

Meredith & Dale had went to the steakhouse for dinner & both said they really enjoyed the food & it was all excellent. We were 'rocking' a little bit more tonight, but nothing horrible at all. You could feel it a little.

Hey girl! I found ya! Can't wait to see more pics. I will definitely have to show my husband these pics. He'll especially adore the food pics (how sad is THAT?! LOLOL:D)

Can't wait to see more pictures! You're right, you are sharing more here. Makes me super excited for April to get here! What route are you going to go on in Dec.'11?

Thanks so much for posting your review. We are sailing on our very first cruise on the Conquest, in two weeks!! We are so excited. We are also staying in an Aft Wrap. I loved the balcony pics!! Can't wait to read more!

Suse

Reading Meyer's review is helping me pass the time until it's our turn!!!:D

Glad I can help! ;)

Hey girl! I found ya! Can't wait to see more pics. I will definitely have to show my husband these pics. He'll especially adore the food pics (how sad is THAT?! LOLOL:D)

Can't wait to see more pictures! You're right, you are sharing more here. Makes me super excited for April to get here! What route are you going to go on in Dec.'11?

Yay! Glad you found me here. And not sad at all on the food pics, LOL! Dec. 11 is Western route again, same ports but in reverse order. It will be on the brand new Carnival ship.

Thanks so much for posting your review. We are sailing on our very first cruise on the Conquest, in two weeks!! We are so excited. We are also staying in an Aft Wrap. I loved the balcony pics!! Can't wait to read more!

Suse

How exciting Suse! We absolutely loved our aft wrap!

Okay guys, I have to upgrade my PB account, LOL, got the email this morning about it, so I will do that today & get through lots more for ya.

Thursday, Grand Cayman

This was an early port, so we set our little battery operated travel alarm & got up about 6 a.m. It was a little cloudy, some drizzle rain off & on & you could see some rain in the distance & land.

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

Royal Carribean's Freedom OTS was already there in port.

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

My lens kept fogging up some.

DSC_0382.jpg

We had an early excursion, starting at 8:15, so we were supposed to be in the Degas lounge at 7:15. We got there right at 7:15, were seated for about 5 minutes & then they started calling for certain excursions & heading them down to deck 0 for tendering. We thought this process went pretty smoothly really, I had heard some complaints so was kind of nervous, but we had no issues at all. We were on the tender & at the port about 7:40-7:45. We stopped for the picture snapshots, took a few pictures ourselves & then headed over to find our group for the tour. We had selected the Best of Grand Cayman tour thru Carnival. We were all on the tour bus & leaving promptly at 8:15. For this excursion, you get a little tour of the island, all very beautiful. We made a stop in one spot along the way where you could see the beautiful water & also all 3 ships that were in port.

From the port:

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

This is great, We have 22 more days till ours. Was there things to do at the port in grand caymans like shopping, lunch or the beach? Because the tour we are doing is only 2 hours. And we want to see more things while there.

This is great, We have 22 more days till ours. Was there things to do at the port in grand caymans like shopping, lunch or the beach? Because the tour we are doing is only 2 hours. And we want to see more things while there.

Yes, there are things to do there at the port. As far as food though, we didn't eat in port, we just got back onto the ship when we were ready to have some lunch. So, I'm not able to answer to much on that part. I do know Margaritaville isn't far from there, I think within walking distance.

Yes, there are things to do there at the port. As far as food though, we didn't eat in port, we just got back onto the ship when we were ready to have some lunch. So, I'm not able to answer to much on that part. I do know Margaritaville isn't far from there, I think within walking distance.

thanks for the information. Your pictures are great I will have to do the same thing when we return.

Archived