Conquest review 10/17/10, Pics included

Meyer2

Hope the baby is feeling better!

If you want me to scan those pictures, let me know. You can swing by here or I can meet you at the spot where we use to have our WW meetings with Mike on my way to work or coming home from work.

Be happy to give you my address in an FB private message!

Hope the baby is feeling better!

If you want me to scan those pictures, let me know. You can swing by here or I can meet you at the spot where we use to have our WW meetings with Mike on my way to work or coming home from work.

Be happy to give you my address in an FB private message!

Thanks Josette! He is feeling a little better today, not so much coughing finally. Awesome on the pictures! I will let you know, I might take you up on the offer. I'm going to check with my friend that's 2 doors down later today & will let you know.

Thanks, enjoyed your review. We will be leaving this Sunday on the Conquest.

Doug

Thanks Doug! Have a wonderful cruise!!! I hope we can go on the Conquest again sometime, maybe with the kiddos. :)

The review was wonderful! If you could find someone to scan the Fun Times from the cruise, that would be the icing on the cake! We are going on the Conquest (for the 8th time) at Christmas and our CC roll call is looking for a time to meet on the first sea day. I'd like to see the schedule for that day so I don't miss any trivia games!

Sherryl

The review was wonderful! If you could find someone to scan the Fun Times from the cruise, that would be the icing on the cake! We are going on the Conquest (for the 8th time) at Christmas and our CC roll call is looking for a time to meet on the first sea day. I'd like to see the schedule for that day so I don't miss any trivia games!

Sherryl

i would love to see the fun times too.

Enjoyed the review and pictures, sure miss ya'll guys can't wait to sail with ya'll again!!!:):D:):D

Thanks Laurie!!! Miss you guys too! We can't wait to get together again either!! All of us! :)

Sherryl

Thank-you!

i would love to see the fun times too.

Sherryl & Surbie- Let me work on getting those scanned for you! Will here shortly, even if FighterOne helps me out! :)

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

After dinner, we went back to the cabin for a little bit, I drank the last of the wine we had brought along, while sitting out on the balcony. After a while, we headed down to the Latour Bar & met up with Meredith & Dale to visit one last time before debarkation the next morning. They both had their 1 last Mango Martini made by Jaya! He was awesome!!

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

About 9:30 or so, we headed back to the cabin to finish packing our bags & to set them out in the hallway. The moon was full & so beautiful, kind of sad being the last night on the cruise, but excited to see the kids the next day. Went to bed a little earlier so that we could get up early to watch us come into Galveston for docking.

Sunday morning, debarkation day: We woke up a few minutes after 6 a.m., stepped out to the balcondy, we could see Boliver Penisula in the distance. Showered, dressed & headed to the balcony.

The humidity kept fogging up my camera lens.

DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

Shrimp boat, dolphins were following behind.

DSC_0920.jpg

I must say thank you , thank you, thank you for a wonderful review. My DH and I will be on the Conquest in May 2011. We have been on Carnival cruises before, but never the Conquest and your pictures just make me even more anxious for our turn! Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of your wonderful memories!

I understand there is a dedicated Comedy Lounge on the Conquest. I read a review on the main CC website that mentions this. It said there are 4 different comedians doing shows that are both PG and R. Did you go or do you have any comments about the comedians? Thanks for the info! We're hoping to cruise on the Conquest in February. :) By the way, I am also anxiously awaiting to see the FunTimes that you scan. :D

I must say thank you ' date=' thank you, thank you for a wonderful review. My DH and I will be on the Conquest in May 2011. We have been on Carnival cruises before, but never the Conquest and your pictures just make me even more anxious for our turn! Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of your wonderful memories![/quote']

Your very welcome!!! You will have such a great time!! Hope to see pictures after your cruise! :)

I understand there is a dedicated Comedy Lounge on the Conquest. I read a review on the main CC website that mentions this. It said there are 4 different comedians doing shows that are both PG and R. Did you go or do you have any comments about the comedians? Thanks for the info! We're hoping to cruise on the Conquest in February. :) By the way, I am also anxiously awaiting to see the FunTimes that you scan. :D

Yes, the comedy shows are held in the Degas Lounge, Deck 5 Aft. There were a total of 4, 1 we really liked a lot. All were good at some level though & we had a good time. We only attended the R shows since we didn't have our kids with us.

For Debarkation:

We left our cabin about 8:15 & we went to Deck 5 & found a spot outside the Renoir Dining room area. We just people watched as those that self-assist got in line & left. We were very shocked at how many people did self assist, more than I would have thought. It did take awhile, but not horribly long IMO, but being our 1st cruise, I have nothing else to compare it too.

We were in zone 16 & When they had only gone thru zone 13, one of the employees looked up at all of us hanging around deck 5 & asked if we wanted to go ahead & get in line & told us to come on down. So we got off a few minutes early.

At 1st we started to stand in line for a Porter, but the line wasn't moving very quickly, so we just went on our own & picked up our bags & got in line for customs. We have Passports, so we were in that line & ended up on a fairly quick moving line which was nice. I am glad we didn't go with the Porter, as the guy that was behind us in the porter line, was not getting thru customs faster than us. Luck of the draw I guess, LOL.

My parents had our kids & were waiting at Starbuck's for us to call to pull into the terminal to pick us up. We decided to just walk over there with our bags since there were many cars between pickup & dropoff. We were there with them, loaded the van & eating lunch in Galveston at 11:30.

I will say that DH & I both really enjoyed ourselves on this cruise & we loved the Conquest. The staff was very nice & friendly, don't have any complaints there at all. For the most part, other guests were nice & polite too, of course there's always some that 'don't think', LOL, or a little different, but nothing major.

In the dining room, I didn't see any major problem with the guests dressed inappropiate (sp?). There was one night, not elegant night, that I saw someone in swimtrunks with a t-shirt, as far as I know, nothing was said. There were a few t-shirts with jeans on casual night, but only a few.

Hmm, let's see.....what else.....

Oh, there were a decent amount of kids on board, for the most part, they all behaved just fine.

We can't wait to cruise again!!! :D

Archived