Just sign n sail card?

Dengail

Most ports, the driver's license and S&S card are all you need to re-board. The ship will notify passengers of ports that require you to take your passport with you. I personally lock my passport in the safe and leave it there the entire trip and take it only if the port requires it. So far, in our travels, that has only been in a couple of European ports.

Hint: Pack a port bag suitable for your plans in port. For example if you are going to the beach, pack a towel, sunscreen, book, music etc. I like to also put together what I plan to carry into the port with me the night before or very early that morning so I don't forget something. Comes with having "sometimers" since I have had my second 30th birthday. ;););)

I would also carry a credit card, on one of our cruises a woman got off in st. marten with only her sail and sign and some cash. Later found out she missed the ship, it was our last port, we had 2 days at sea before arriving back in Florida. We heard she had to have family send money for a hotel and some clothes and food. I wouldnt ever want to be in that position!!

I would also carry a credit card, on one of our cruises a woman got off in st. marten with only her sail and sign and some cash. Later found out she missed the ship, it was our last port, we had 2 days at sea before arriving back in Florida. We heard she had to have family send money for a hotel and some clothes and food. I wouldnt ever want to be in that position!!

I have also read stories on the boards about people having medical emergencies in port and rushed to hospitals.....with only a Sign and Sail card....so I take my passport (someone leaves a Xerox copy of the passport in the cabin vault and I do that now....) and a credit card....

:cool:

Archived