Good Places to Eat Yucatecán Food

PreciousMissy

I am looking for suggestions on where to eat that has great food that isn't too $$$. I found some suggestions on the internet but the price range was $60-250 pp and I cannot see spending that much on lunch.

I plan to be off the beaten path, do a little shopping, maybe be on the beach a bit.

I figured I'll be somewhere new, why not try something different! :cool:

We really liked Casa Denis, near the main square. They had good food and it's supposedly the oldest restaurant on Cozumel.

I have not been to la Cocay or Especias, but I have read great reviews and plan to try these restaurants on an upcoming trip.

If you're more adventureous, you can try the Blue truck tacos...it's literally a guy who makes tacos out of the back of his truck, not too far from the Puerta Maya cruise ship pier. They were awesome!! Nice and cheap and SO tasty.

Christie's list is a good place to get an idea of prices and good yucatan food. She's a dive shop operator and caters to divers.

http://www.bluextseadiving.com/restaurants.php

Casa Denis will provide a good intro; try the cochinita pibil (pork) or camarones pibil ( shrimp) and a horchata (cinnamon rice drink).

Archived