Heard back from Herod - He is fine

oh2cruise

I also wanted to share my note from Herod which I received today:

"I'm doing well but the island especially my home town is completely devastated. It will take years to recover and people are doing their best to move on. We just got power this morning but internet and cable are down for weeks. I'm in the southern tip of the island now at an internet cafe.

Kindly let members on cruise critic who have inquired about tours with me know that it will take me at least 2 days to reply because of internet access. Hope you will round up the remainder of the persons for the tour and looking forward to meeting you.

Herod"

We are still in need of a few more folks to join us on December 6th on the Island Splendor Tour! I believe that the good people of St. Lucia are going to need our tourism dollars more than ever now to help in any way we can in their rebuilding efforts.

I heard from him also...and will be there Nov 27...and I agree, they are going to need our dollars as I know people may stay away for a while...having been through post hurricane devastation, you really seek any way to help you get to some sense of normalcy...and for these tour guides this is their living... will we get the same experience, probably not, but we will get a different one that may be very memorable.. DB777

• 2 weeks later...

Got our confirmation from Herod our tour is on with a few changes. Volcano is out and one fall. Thats ok as he says more time at beach.

FYI for those able.

I generally bring things for poor Islands, howver with as hard hit as St Lucia was asked Herod. He said kids close and school supplies would be appreciated.

Archived