Murano on Century- What tastes good?

prepare4it

Hmmm....yes, in the main dining room you can but in Murano's? You

can't order anything and everything:eek:.

Murano's is appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert. They have

choices of each but you pick one.

We will agree to disagree on this one as I am sure we are both speaking from experience.;)

We will agree to disagree on this one as I am sure we are both speaking from experience.;)

Well, I guess by saying that, you are saying you ordered multiple items.

So I won't disagree with you.

The meals in the Specailty Restaurant are quite rich so one of each

is enough for me.

Excuse my Celebrity ignorance, but is Morano like Oceanliners on the Constellation?

Yes, Murano has the same menu as Ocean Liners and all the other specialty restaurants on M-class, and the Muranos on S-class. The decor and experience is a tad different IMHO - I slightly prefer the specialty restaurants on M-class.

Yes, Murano has the same menu as Ocean Liners and all the other specialty restaurants on M-class, and the Muranos on S-class. The decor and experience is a tad different IMHO - I slightly prefer the specialty restaurants on M-class.

Thanks for answering! I figured that was the case. Glad you enjoyed the specialty restaurant on the M-Class, as that is what I will be cruising on!

Thanks everyone. We sail on Thursday, and I can't wait to try Murano. The lobster bisque sounds wonderful, but the mushroom cappuccino also sounds yummy.

I may go for it and try the foie gras appetizer, although I've never had it before.

For an entree, I think I will try the surf and turf.

I will post when we return with a review.

Darlene

Do try the foie gras. I talked my husband into t last winter and he was mad he waited 42 years to try it. The worst that can happen is you don't care for it, you eat a piece of bread, and move on to the next dish.

For me, it's less about the flavor and more about the velvety mouth feel. The flavor is very delicate and the texture is (or should be) exquisitely velvety.

Don't know if they still have it in Murano, but a few years back I had the foie gras-topped filet. It was gilding the lily, but oh, so good. I don't remember the goat cheese souffle, but I do remember that filet.

What comes with the surf & turf? Seems I remember the only Lobster on the menu when my husband read it to me a while back was Lobster & Scallops. I would prefer Steak & Lobster since I don't like Scallops. But I wondered if it's possibly available and he didn't see the whole menu.

What comes with the surf & turf? Seems I remember the only Lobster on the menu when my husband read it to me a while back was Lobster & Scallops. I would prefer Steak & Lobster since I don't like Scallops. But I wondered if it's possibly available and he didn't see the whole menu.

Hi,:) it is a Filet Mignon and Lobster in Murano's. What you saw was

served in the Main dining room.

Totally different menus and totally different foods.

If you go to the Celebrity web site and choose "onboard experience", then "dining" - you will get a list of the specialty restaurants on each ship and when you click on it, you get a sample menu. FYI the "Five Senses" menu (which is listed at least for Cenutry) is an extra cost option (above and beyond the usual $35pp fee) that includes wine.

Hi,:) it is a Filet Mignon and Lobster in Murano's. What you saw was

served in the Main dining room.

Totally different menus and totally different foods.

Thanks so much for confirming this for me. We just made our reservation for Murano's tonight and now I'm looking forward to it even more. Filet Mignon is my favorite and Lobster along with it is just pure heaven. :)

Archived