Murano on Century- What tastes good?

prepare4it

Scallops Wellington...I ate them 4 times!

Also, if you know when you are going and would like Steak Diane prepared, request it the day before your reservation and they will pre-cook the steak and then prepare it table side Diane style...It is delicious and NOT on the menu.;)

everything we ate in Murano on Solstice was great. Don't know if it's on the Century menu, and you have to have a taste for it but the venison was oustanding, as was the foie gras. Yes the goat cheese soufle is good.

My wife had duck prepared two ways. That was outstanding too.

Thank you for the recommendations. My husband was thinking about ordering the scallops and he LOVES steak. I am contemplating between the lobster, surf and turf or the fish. Someone also said the goat cheese soufflé is good?

Cheese soufflé is BIG...could be the main course in itself.

I had Lobster Thermidor, very good, but Surf/turf was better IMO

Wife liked grilled lobster better than fish.

Scallop Risotto is very good also

Best dessert was chocolate souffle...Chocolate/Grand marnier soufflé was good too, but we preferred plain o chocolate.

We ate there at least 4 times that I can recall (12 night cruise)...so the meals kind of run together...no pun intended LOL

Cheese soufflé is BIG...could be the main course in itself.

I had Lobster Thermidor, very good, but Surf/turf was better IMO

Wife liked grilled lobster better than fish.

Scallop Risotto is very good also

Best dessert was chocolate souffle...Chocolate/Grand marnier soufflé was good too, but we preferred plain o chocolate.

We ate there at least 4 times that I can recall (12 night cruise)...so the meals kind of run together...no pun intended LOL

Really? I had the Cheese Souffle in Normandie on Summit. They

served it in a small cassoulet dish. Not big at all. I wonder if

Murano's serves it differently.

A friend of mine had the Surf and Turf and also said it was

fantastic......steak was like butta....lobster succulent and sweet:D

To the OP, everything is wonderful in there:)

you cannot compare foie gras to a piece of liver you buy in the supermarket. Not even close. To me, not organy, I know what you're trying to get across, it's not metallic or irony tasting at all.

Foie Gras is very delicate, they only give you a small piece, it literally melts in your mouth. Very pricey, about $60 a pound.

It's not for everybody, my wife tried it and did not approve. My father who is 70 had it for the first time with us last year, and was mad he waited so long to try it, he thought it was that good.

What's the worst thing, try it, if you don't like it, get something else.

If you really want to splurge, get the caviar. We opted for the Osetra (service for four, as we were dining with my sister and BIL) and it was served to perfection. The presentation was outstanding! It was pricey ($150), but such a wonderful experience. It should be on everyone's bucket list!

Jo-Ann

Darlene - my mom is/was a gourmet cook, and when I was a kid she was always exposing me to things I thought I would hate (and some of them I did :) )... but foie gras is wonderful. Very delicate, not at all "liver-y". I could never eat liver (tried once).

In fact, I think I just solved my "what to order at Murano's dilemma". I'll ask to have the foie gras as an appetizer and then the goat cheese souffle for my entree.

By the way, my mom used to make me steak diane too (loved the flaming thing) - and it is delicious.

We enjoyed the rack of lamb but the highlight of the meal (and what we still talk about) was the cheese cart. I liked the goat cheese souffle which was very rich but wouldn't classify it as "to die for". Fantastic French cheeses we can't afford to buy here in Chicago served with flair! We'll definitely be requesting the cheese cart in Normandie next month.

Darlene - my mom is/was a gourmet cook, and when I was a kid she was always exposing me to things I thought I would hate (and some of them I did :) )... but foie gras is wonderful. Very delicate, not at all "liver-y". I could never eat liver (tried once).

In fact, I think I just solved my "what to order at Murano's dilemma". I'll ask to have the foie gras as an appetizer and then the goat cheese souffle for my entree.

By the way, my mom used to make me steak diane too (loved the flaming thing) - and it is delicious.

I don't think the goat cheese souffle will suffice as an entree, unless you eat very little. The last time we ate at Murano on Century (this past April), we asked if we could order an extra appetizer, and they happily complied. Normally we don't do this, but we just couldn't decide between two different appetizers and they said "no problem, you may order both."

Jo-Ann

Jerseygirl - yes, actually I had started another thread about what I was going to do for an entree because I have some post-surgical issues affecting what I can eat, and other than the fish, nothing was working, and I generally don't like fish... the goat cheese souffle is probably perfect for me. :)

Another vote for the lamb, but two thumbs down on the fois gras on Century and I can still gag thinking about having it on a May '10 cruise. It was greasy and ruined the rest of the meal. Maybe it was just a hiccup in the kitchen that night, but never again.

If you like lamb, the rack of lamb melts in your mouth.

You can order anything and everything you want...

Hmmm....yes, in the main dining room you can but in Murano's? You

can't order anything and everything:eek:.

Murano's is appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert. They have

choices of each but you pick one.

Hmm..I do not usually eat salads. I wonder if they would let me substitute soup for salad?

Now that would be a good possibilty;). I was really referring to the

part that said you could order everything. You can have soup and

no salad...that is not a problem.

Excuse my Celebrity ignorance, but is Morano like Oceanliners on the Constellation?

Hi,:) yes, Murano's is the Specialty Restaurant on CENTURY. It is like the 2 you mentioned:)

Archived