Fun things to do with a Toddler

audekat

Hello! I will taking my son on his first cruise for Thanksgiving 2011 on Carnival, he will be 21 months (too little for Camp Carnival).

What are some fun things we can do on the ship or in ports with him? I will have my Father and his GF with us. Our Ports are Cozumel, Panama, and a port in Costa Rica (I can't remember which one). We are thinking about the Train tour in Panama (to see the canal).

I heard there is a time each day for Family play time in the Camp area, is that for any family or only families with Children in the Program?

Any suggestions or Ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Kat

That Panama tour is VERY long...and it's HOT, HOT, HOT. It's only about 8 degrees off the equator...humidity and heat can be oppressive. I'm not sure a "riding" tour is the way to go with a little one who won't give a fig about what he's seeing. I would stick to shorter excursions/trips. Get a guidebook on your ports, so you'll know what's available in each place. The book will give you hints on what will interest and entertain children.

Whatever you do to entertain your son at home, that's what you'll need to do on the ship! They do allow the toys to be used....the times will be in your daily newsletter.

Beach days are nice, but do them on your own...you don't want to be stuck to a timetable if your child has "had enough"....it's nice to be able to come and go on your timetable.

As far as doing things on the ship (I don't know the amenities on your ship), but really just walking anywhere...they will love getting in to everything. Our girls at 20 months loved going on the miniature golf course...going down to the skating rink...(window) shopping....getting ice cream...check out any ship decorations...looking in at the Bridge...you name it. Have fun!

Archived