Brazilian Blowout Review (long)

cruise kitty

There is an at-home Keratin treatment you can do yourself and it produces the same exact results as the salon but for less than a third of the cost and the kit gives you 2 treatments.

I am a fan of my curly hair but that treatment has changed my mind. It's always silky and super straight and not frizzy... (I live in Miami where it's always humid)

I love it. It's called Zelo.

Wow this sounds wonderful. I wish there weren't so many safety concerns...oh yeah and I wish it wasn't so expensive. I hate my hair. I've been greying since 17 years old and now I'm in my 30's and probably have 40% grey. I color it and there are sections that are straight, sections that are wavy and sections that are very wavy. I have to blow dry then flat iron to feel like I look good. Ugh, damn scientists can come up with all sorts of lotions, potions, remedies and erectile dysfunction meds, how about something safe to permanently straighten our hair!!!

The product I use is all natural and formaldhyde free. And it's not that hard to do yourself.

I didn't like the chemical ones I used to do, after awhile your hair dries out and you have to do mosturizing treatments.

I was only able to find one site (shop dot zelocare dot com) selling this and it wasn't one of the two major home shopping channel sites. Where do you purchase it? Also was your hair color treated before applying the treatment?

I was only able to find one site (shop dot zelocare dot com) selling this and it wasn't one of the two major home shopping channel sites. Where do you purchase it? Also was your hair color treated before applying the treatment?

HSN debuted it and it sold out on the first day. They are scheduled to go back on soon. For now it's only sold on their website and distributed thru Mexico.

I was one of the people who got the producted tested on them. That was over 6 months ago. I just redid it a few weeks ago and got it off the website. I got the full kit and the Zelo Velvet. I love the product.

I dye my hair every few months so it was definitely color treated.:)

So glad to see a positive review about this.

Last year before my cruise I bought the Brazilian Keratin treatment (off of ebay) and did it myself. It smelled so good and worked great. However, it didn't last as long as I wanted it to. I am a water LOVER and can't stay out of the water so the more you are in the water, the more it takes it out quicker. I remember when I posted on here, a lot of people were kind of negative about it and told me not to do it, but I was determined! :D Keratin is naturally in your hair. After so much washing, products, and blow drying, keratin is really good for your hair. I did a lot of research on it and found that it wasn't going to hurt my hair. I was glad I did it, just sad it didn't last as long as I wanted it to. (But then again, it was an ebay product and I did do it myself). :(

My stylist just informed me 2 weeks ago that she is going to start doing the blowout in her salon. I am SO EXCITED! She is only going to charge me $150 for it and "claims" it is suppose to last for 3-4 months. However, the type of product they are going to be using is called Global. I guess I'll have to do some research and see if it's any good.

I just thought I'd come back and show you how my "self-did" turned out. (I just found my thread) hehe

Here is what my hair looked like prior (after blow drying it and without walking out into any rain or humidity to frizz).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24978396&postcount=18

This was after I did it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25065521&postcount=35

Well i'm getting it done on Tuesday...i also like the water but will try and buy a deep conditioner to put in b4 i go in any pool or ocean water....

My cruise is at the end of July so hoping its still in good then!!

will post back and let u know how it goes...

Archived