Liberty of the Seas Cabin conflict - HELP

Spoiledliz

Hello all,

I am sailing on LOS in January and have aft cabin 7708 booked.

In my pursuit to get a lower rate I noticed that center hump cabin 8640 has become available and placed a hold on it immediately.

Which is better? And why??

The hump cabin is $120 more. Is it worth it?

I LOVE the location of the hump cabin but LOVE the size of the aft balcony....Any opinions???

Hello all,

I am sailing on LOS in January and have aft cabin 7708 booked.

In my pursuit to get a lower rate I noticed that center hump cabin 8640 has become available and placed a hold on it immediately.

Which is better? And why??

The hump cabin is $120 more. Is it worth it?

I LOVE the location of the hump cabin but LOVE the size of the aft balcony....Any opinions???

Get the one you like not the one CC folks like.:rolleyes:

I really don't think that hump balconies are all that special on Voyager-class and above except for their central location.

Gotta agree. We go after the aft balconies every chance we get. The larger balcony is great. Yes, it is a bit longer walk but that is not an issue with us. If the walk is not an issue I would 100% keep the aft.

Gotta agree. We go after the aft balconies every chance we get. The larger balcony is great. Yes, it is a bit longer walk but that is not an issue with us. If the walk is not an issue I would 100% keep the aft.

Yeah, I think that's what I'm find myself feeling...I'm probably going to need the longer walk!

Thanks everyone! I'll use the extra $120 in the adult arcade :D

Just off the Liberty on Sunday, from an Aft. Loved it!!!:)

Stay where you are! It's a quieter location with the best balcony on the ship. The walk is nothing (unless you have mobility issues).

If you move to the hump, you're getting a cabin that's a smidge bigger, but you're giving up balcony space and balcony privacy. Also, everyone who leaves the elevators is going to walk by your room. Look at those deck plans and see just how many people that means. Even if they're not talking loudly, you're going to hear them.

Stay where you are! It's a quieter location with the best balcony on the ship. The walk is nothing (unless you have mobility issues).

If you move to the hump, you're getting a cabin that's a smidge bigger, but you're giving up balcony space and balcony privacy. Also, everyone who leaves the elevators is going to walk by your room. Look at those deck plans and see just how many people that means. Even if they're not talking loudly, you're going to hear them.

I had hump cabin on Liberty, no one can walk directly by your room from elevator, there is a wall in the way! I loved the location for ease of getting to dinning, promenade etc. I never heard anyone going up or down the corridor.

Bottom line you need to pick either larger balcony or more central location, whichever is more important to you, rather than have someone else place their ideas on you. Personally the location was more imprtant than the balcony size, plus i enjoy seeing all of the ship from the balcony not just the aft portion.

We stayed in 7708 last October and LOVED it! It was super quiet and the large balcony with 2 chairs a table and 2 lounge chairs was nice when my DS was napping and I wanted to work on my tan.

That being said, a center hump for 2 people would be great, and DH and I have looked at booking one, but DS cruises with us and none are for 3 people :(...

As everyone says... the less people who book aft cabins.... there more there are for us to book! Afts are all haunted!

I had hump cabin on Liberty, no one can walk directly by your room from elevator, there is a wall in the way! I loved the location for ease of getting to dinning, promenade etc. I never heard anyone going up or down the corridor.
I mean people who are leaving the commons area and going to their own staterooms -- admittedly, I didn't word it well. EVERYONE is going to walk right by your room. We were in a "side balcony" last summer, and we did hear people in the hallways. Few of them were loud and rowdy in a purposeful way, but we did hear people walking by (sometimes we heard loud flip-flops "popping") and talking at night.

You have to decide what's more important to you...a bigger balcony or a more centralized location. We have 4 kids and are back and forth to the room so we like a more centralized location so we are not walking past so many staterooms. :) We have had aft staterooms...the additional walk isn't a big deal. There is not much of a cost difference, so pick whatever is more important to you.:)

Archived