Booked Through Priceline Recently?

Host Faith

I've noticed that some cruisers have alluded to booking a resort room through Priceline for their day in Aruba. I think it could be a nice idea since we will be in port from 8AM-8PM. I love bidding through Priceline. It looks like the last mention of this was last year. Has anyone done this recently? I appreciate opinions as well, however would really love to hear from someone who has actually booked a room in Aruba through Priceline. Thanks so much!

Thank you for the heads up. :)

I've been watching betterbidding and biddingfortravel for the winning bids. I was curious to see if anyone had booked a room in Aruba for the day. I know it may sound silly, but I wanted to know if I should bid for the night before our arrival and request a late checkout, or bid for the day the ship arrives, and see if we can get an early checkin? I know we can just get day passes, but since we'll be on the island for 12 hours, I thought it would be cool to have a hotel room for the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I bid last week and got the Marriott Stellaris for $110 per night for 1/22-1/29. I have stayed in Aruba about 8 times, usually using Priceline.

I really don't see the benefit of getting a room for the day. Getting a palapa (hut) at the beach is commonly next to impossible unless you get in a line at 7:00 am and you really are not going to Aruba for the pool.

IMHO I would simply head over to the beach front at the Radisson and rent a chair and umbrella from the vendor next to the pier. They set these very close to the water. You can use the outside showers at the Riu or Radisson to rinse off as need be.

I bid last week and got the Marriott Stellaris for $110 per night for 1/22-1/29. I have stayed in Aruba about 8 times, usually using Priceline.
icon14.gif Fantastic price for high season! icon14.gif Does that include the 23+% taxes? :confused:

I really don't see the benefit of getting a room for the day. Getting a palapa (hut) at the beach is commonly next to impossible unless you get in a line at 7:00 am and you really are not going to Aruba for the pool.

IMHO I would simply head over to the beach front at the Radisson and rent a chair and umbrella from the vendor next to the pier. They set these very close to the water. You can use the outside showers at the Riu or Radisson to rinse off as need be.

The three places we've stayed at in Aruba didn't have check in until 4:00. Booking a place the night before might work better. I've never used priceline.

That's the advice I was looking for, thank you! :)

Price of $110 per night was before tax. I am not sure how much the tax is but 23% seems high. I will check later today.

Thanks. I was just more curious than anything. Our travel agent includes the taxes as part of our rate but I know most do not. More info at CC's sister website http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k3866338-Hotel_Taxes_and_Fees-Aruba.html

Archived