Convince me to book Ruby Princess for Honeymoon

levonfan

We are getting married in March next year and trying to decide on what to do for honeymoon. I have only been on one cruise last (this past year on Royal caribbean Liberty of the Seas). I had an awesome time! She has been on that, and two Carnival cruises (she didn't like those). We are debating doing another cruise, just flying to St John's or St Thomas, or possibly going to Costa Rica.

We like the idea of another cruise, but still not convinced. This one goes to Bahamas, St. Marteen (went there last cruise), Grand Turks, and St. Thomas.

We are looking to go March 27th..wedding is day before.

Thanks for any input.

You say the wedding is the day before so the first thing is weather you can get to Port in lots of time. Most people say you need to come in the day before. Nobody needs a bunch of travel stree right after the wedding.

As for the Ruby, I think it would be a fantastic honeymoon ship!

We are getting married in March next year and trying to decide on what to do for honeymoon. I have only been on one cruise last (this past year on Royal caribbean Liberty of the Seas). I had an awesome time! She has been on that, and two Carnival cruises (she didn't like those). We are debating doing another cruise, just flying to St John's or St Thomas, or possibly going to Costa Rica.

We like the idea of another cruise, but still not convinced. This one goes to Bahamas, St. Marteen (went there last cruise), Grand Turks, and St. Thomas.

Thanks for any input.

We just went on the Ruby a few weeks ago. We loved the ports. Although we met a lot of great people and had a wonderful time, we had some service issues and didn't think the food and entertainment were as good as on Royal Caribbean.

March is Spring Break time, so you will get a lot more kids on cruises, especially 7 nt. cruises leaving from Florida. You might want to consider a longer cruise if you have the time. We always fly in the day before so we don't have to worry about missing the ship. I am not sure where you are coming from, but if your wedding is on the 26th and you want to leave on the 27th, you will have to take into consideration your travel time. I wouldn't want to have to rush to leave that soon, so you might want to consider a cruise leaving on Monday or another type of vacation.

Royal Caribbean is offering a 11 night Ultimate Caribbean cruise which departs on March 28th on Jewel of the Seas. There are 5 sea days, with stops in Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, and Grand Cayman. Our first cruise was on the Jewel and we loved all the glass and woodwork. It's a beautiful ship with a lot of amenities not found on other Royal ships. Glass enclosed elevators overlooking the ocean and the atrium, self-leveling pool tables in the Safari Club, outdoor seating area in the Windjammer, Seaview Cafe, covered roof in solarium, and rotating bar in the Viking Crown Lounge.

We went to Costa Rica last October. We rented a house in Quepos, which is on the Pacific side down by Manuel Antonio National Park. We had a lot of fun exploring the towns, enjoying local restaurants, and going to the beach. The house we stayed at overlooked the ocean and had a pool and hot tub, so some days we just hung out there. If I were to go again, I would want to do more touring of the country.

Good luck with your planning!

Beth

The Ruby is fabulous and about two years old. 19 decks.

There were 800 children on the cruise when I went and I only ever saw one. He was a well behaved little boy and came in the restaurant each evening.

Go for it, there's loads to do

I would also consider Celebrity Solstice, same time/departure port. Almost new, one of most beautiful ships at sea.Better ports inc. San Juan. I have been on both. Recently Transatlantic on Ruby. Food and service grade C. Food and service on Solstice so much better. Pricing in Jan. sales should be close to Ruby. Pull up reviews/photos of both on this site to decide. Also, less college kids on Solstice.

Thanks for any input.

i am going on the ruby this sunday for our honeymoon, ill let u know about the ship when i get back

Just to be on the safe side, why not consider going on the Emerald Princess for 10 days (and more interesting ports) on March 28th? Less kids, sistership....and a couple of more days.

Great Idea!! And check out jillocb review of her honeymoon cruise about 7 pages back titled ::Review:: Emerald Princess 10/19-10/29 Eastern Caribbean!:D

IF YOU WANT TO IMPRESS YOUR BRIDE & BECOME "THE MAN", IN VACATION LIFESTYLE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, THEN DO PRINCESS AND SIMPLY BE SPOILED. THE SERVICE & STAFF WILL BE THE BEST. WE ALSO STAY @ THE CAMBRIA SUITES THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CRUISE. It is simply a question of what type of family vacationer you are going to be for the next 20 years. LIVE THE DREAM... BE THE MAN>>>GO RUBY PRINCESS. We love Princess & simply enjoy the GREAT Service.

Always Best Regards, BRIFRO

Archived