C&A question

chivas1

Hi, we are elite on Celebrity, now we are planning a RCCL cruise( first one), i understand we would be C&A on diamond level. How does this work anybody knows? And what benefits are different between elite on Celebrity and Diamond.

How is the food compared to X?

We love the Millenium class ships, would now go on Vision class, how do they compare?

Thanks a lot.

Hi, we are elite on Celebrity, now we are planning a RCCL cruise( first one), i understand we would be C&A on diamond level. How does this work anybody knows? And what benefits are different between elite on Celebrity and Diamond.

We love the Millenium class ships, would now go on Vision class, how do they compare?

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, RCI does not recognize your Elite Status with Celebrity.

Thanks a lot.

We were just the opposite. We're Diamond with RCCL and was planning a cruise on the Solstice. All I did was call Celebrity, gave them my C&A number and within minutes I was Elite on Celebrity. We truly enjoyed the Solstice, which in my opinion, had better food offerings and a wider selection.......call RCCL and see what they say....have fun!

I am not sure this is correct. As I am Diamond + on RCI and on Celebrity they recognize me as Elite wirh only 5 Celebrity cruises. I think there is a tie between the 2 cruise lines programs. I do know that you can not add the 2 cruise lines credits together to get to a new total.

Anyone know the answer for sure?

Rccl does not recognize the cruises you have taken on Celebrity for C&A status. Celebrity does recognize the ones you have taken on Rccl. Its a shame it doesn't work both ways.

I guess they want more people to try Celebrity. They don't need to transfer Celebrity status to get people to book Royal.

I am not sure this is correct. As I am Diamond + on RCI and on Celebrity they recognize me as Elite wirh only 5 Celebrity cruises. I think there is a tie between the 2 cruise lines programs. I do know that you can not add the 2 cruise lines credits together to get to a new total.

Anyone know the answer for sure?

I wish RCI did recognize my my Celebrity cruises, then I would be Diamond Plus. On Celebrity we are elite because of our RCI cruises.

Rccl does not recognize the cruises you have taken on Celebrity for C&A status. Celebrity does recognize the ones you have taken on Rccl. Its a shame it doesn't work both ways.

According to the Captains Club web site they do

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000caW8rnHc4a5uj5JsrghQQ_m:12hdbcuh7?pagename=select_member_benefits

Simply put...If you have 9 cruise credits with Royal, you will recieve the same benifits as someone who has 9 cruise credits on Celeberty. I'm not sure what the levels are called on celeb. The same is true in reverse.

Platinum = Select

Diamond / Diamond+ = Elite

These statement are NOT true.

As stated, you will have equal status on Celebrity (except no Diamond Plus equivalent on X).

Vision is a great ship. It is a smaller class of ship without all the "bells and whistles", but still a great ship. I'm not familiar with the Millinium class, so can't compare the two.

Call C&A and give them your Capitains Club numbers and you magically attain Diamond status on RCCL.

If you are Elite on X and sail on RCCL you would have the same benefits as someone who is Diamond. It doesn't make you Diamond. The credits you earn crusing on RCCL count towards your cruise credits on RCCL only. If a Diamond RCCL member cruises on X they get the same benefits as someone who is Elite. Credits earned on X count only towards cruise credits on X. Cruise credits are not combined.

I just recently got off a the Celebrity Equinox and they do accept RCL's cruise credits. Now I am going on the RCL's NOS and they told me that they do not except the cruise credits I have accrued from Celebrity. The Celebrity Solstice line is a beautiful ship. Not nearly as much to do on RCL ships (rock climbing, ice skating, mini golf, etc.) but you will still have a great time because the food and service is far superior then any cruise line I have been on. Enjoy.

If you are Elite on X and sail on RCCL you would have the same benefits as someone who is Diamond. It doesn't make you Diamond. The credits you earn crusing on RCCL count towards your cruise credits on RCCL only. If a Diamond RCCL member cruises on X they get the same benefits as someone who is Elite. Credits earned on X count only towards cruise credits on X. Cruise credits are not combined.

If you are Diamond or Diamond + on RCI then you ARE Elite on Celebrity, I have never sailed on Celebrity but and an Elite Captains Club Member. The same should be true with Elite Members on RCI, they will become Diamond Members, but to progress to Diamond + they will have to earn 24 Credits on RCI.

You will receive Diamond status on RCCL if you are Elite on X. However, your cruise credits can't be combined so if you cruise once with RCCL in a regular stateroom for less than 12 nights, you'd still need 23 more cruise credits to get to Diamond +. As for the ships, if you like the Millenium class, you should consider the Radiance Class on RCCL. They are the same size ships. Vision class is going to be smaller.

Archived