New Year's On Board

Eleni2007

HI Everyone,

We are on the Emerald Princess 10 day cruise leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 28th.

From what I understand, there will be 2 formal nights on this cruise; and I also understand they are usually on sea days. We are going to be in Aruba from 8-8 pm on Dec 31st, and am wondering if New Year's eve will be a formal night.... since it won't be a sea day. Does anybody kinow? Has anybody ever been on board on New Year's Eve when it wasn't a sea day,,,, we are hoping to dress up for New Years.

THOUGHTS????

HI Everyone,

We are on the Emerald Princess 10 day cruise leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 28th.

From what I understand, there will be 2 formal nights on this cruise; and I also understand they are usually on sea days. We are going to be in Aruba from 8-8 pm on Dec 31st, and am wondering if New Year's eve will be a formal night.... since it won't be a sea day. Does anybody kinow? Has anybody ever been on board on New Year's Eve when it wasn't a sea day,,,, we are hoping to dress up for New Years.

THOUGHTS????

On our Hawaii cruise at Christmas the year before last New Years Eve was a port day. We were in Kauai and our port time was 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They still had a formal evening with all the parties, hats, horns, champagne and balloon drop. Since your port day is until 8 p.m. I don't know if that would be the same for you, but perhaps since they anticipate people will be staying up until midnight they will go ahead and make it formal even though it's a late port day. I doubt there is really a way to find out in advance since it is pretty much at the discretion of the CD on your particular cruise.

HI Everyone,

THOUGHTS????

Was on a new year's cruise where Dec 31 was originally shown as dress casual, until several of us asked the CD "isn't it going to be a formal affair?". It was, and they posted the change in the Patter on Dec 30

Archived