Just booked Eclipse for Jan 2011

redridinghood

We have cruised P&O and Cunard before and are very excited to be off on Eclipse soon, she looks like such a beautiful ship.

I have a few questions that I wonder of anyone could help me with?

1. We are booked in for 1 night pre-cruise in Miami at the Wyndhams Miami Airport Hotel. This looks fine but near the airport and quite a way from anything else. We were hoping to go out in the evening and find a nice restaurant/music club to enjoy in Miami (not sure where is safe or good yet, need to do some more research) so thinking this is not maybe the best location for us to stay in. I have the option to stay in any of the following (with possibly a surcharge), so could anyone offer any advice on if we should switch?

Hilton Miami Downtown

Epic Hotel Miami

Eden Roc Renaissance

Jw Marriott Hotel W/Transfers

Courtyard Marriott Mb W/Trf's

Marriott South Beach W/Transfers

The Westin Coral Gables W/Trf's

2. I keep reading about how dangerous Miami is. We are doing a back-to-back cruise and so have turnaround day there. We would like to go to the beach any maybe explore a little. Has anyone done this and have any advice?

3. Would you advice booking the speciality restaurants before sailing or wait until we are onboard?

4. What evening shows are on the Eclipse? We have read that there is not much available and no doubt they will be doubled as we are doing a back-to-back.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help!

Redridinghood...

Having been a resident of Miami for 53 years I can tell you that the best place from the list you provided would be The Westin in Coral Gables. I realize that it's probably the most expensive one on the list but you will be in an area of many many great restaurants & some entertainment all within walking distances. "Downtown" Gables is a very very nice area, clean & well lit. Skip South Beach & DT Miami if you can.

2MC

Redridinghood...

Having been a resident of Miami for 53 years I can tell you that the best place from the list you provided would be The Westin in Coral Gables. I realize that it's probably the most expensive one on the list but you will be in an area of many many great restaurants & some entertainment all within walking distances. "Downtown" Gables is a very very nice area, clean & well lit. Skip South Beach & DT Miami if you can.

2MC

thank you!

We have cruised P&O and Cunard before and are very excited to be off on Eclipse soon, she looks like such a beautiful ship.

I have a few questions that I wonder of anyone could help me with?

1. We are booked in for 1 night pre-cruise in Miami at the Wyndhams Miami Airport Hotel. This looks fine but near the airport and quite a way from anything else. We were hoping to go out in the evening and find a nice restaurant/music club to enjoy in Miami (not sure where is safe or good yet, need to do some more research) so thinking this is not maybe the best location for us to stay in. I have the option to stay in any of the following (with possibly a surcharge), so could anyone offer any advice on if we should switch?

Hilton Miami Downtown

Epic Hotel Miami

Eden Roc Renaissance

Jw Marriott Hotel W/Transfers

Courtyard Marriott Mb W/Trf's

Marriott South Beach W/Transfers

The Westin Coral Gables W/Trf's

2. I keep reading about how dangerous Miami is. We are doing a back-to-back cruise and so have turnaround day there. We would like to go to the beach any maybe explore a little. Has anyone done this and have any advice?

3. Would you advice booking the speciality restaurants before sailing or wait until we are onboard?

4. What evening shows are on the Eclipse? We have read that there is not much available and no doubt they will be doubled as we are doing a back-to-back.

Hi, I sailed Eclipse last week and she is beautiful:)

If you see a day and time that you like on the net for dinner

I would book it ahead. I recommend Qsine:D. If you eat there

be prepared for ALOT of food and a lengthy dinner. Book something

early in there because it really does take a long time to eat all

the food.

I can't help with all the shows because the cruise I was on was

only 3 nights. I can tell you Karen Granger was wonderful:)

She impersonates other female singers and is REALLY GOOD.:)

Have a great cruise!:)

We just did a TA on the Eclipse. It truly is a beautiful ship. There were three production shows, one was Broadway type music, one I can't remember apart from some Beatles music and the other was the Cirque show. On the backstage tour we were told that these shows would continue for 'a couple of years'. I'm sure they will repeat on your B2B. Celebrity also has guest performers who are brought on board for a couple of cruises, so you may be lucky and have these change. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, we would go on Eclipse again without hesitation.

We just did a TA on the Eclipse. It truly is a beautiful ship. There were three production shows, one was Broadway type music, one I can't remember apart from some Beatles music and the other was the Cirque show. On the backstage tour we were told that these shows would continue for 'a couple of years'. I'm sure they will repeat on your B2B. Celebrity also has guest performers who are brought on board for a couple of cruises, so you may be lucky and have these change. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, we would go on Eclipse again without hesitation.

thank you for the information, that sounds great. We already have 1 long night in Qsine booked!

Archived