Need help from Ft. Lauderdale Locals?

judyf

Amerisuites in St. Lauderdale, I got this hotel through priceline for before and after our cruise. It's the one on 1851 SE 10th Ave. I have a few questions I'm hoping the locals from this area can help me with! I posted this on the port board and no response so thought I would try here.

We are flying into West Palm Beach Airport arriving at 12:00 midnight and renting a car and need to drive to Amerisuites. I got directions from map-quest and they're not that good. IMO. I've used map-quest many times before and I know that sometimes we know a much easier way to go!

Now for the questions.

I know it's about an hour drive. What route would you locals take at this time of day? I'm looking for the quickest easiest way for someone not familiar with the area and especially this time of the day. We won't be able to see street signs good so land marks would be helpful at this time of day.

Any comments on the hotel appreciated!

Also I will need to drive from the hotel to the Ft. Lauderdale airport to drop off the rental car in the morning, anyone have directions and or tips for this?

Doing the reverse after cruise. Is the Amerisuites in a good location to leave rental car parked while we do the water taxi and stuff in that area? If not where would be a good location to park?

Thanks in advance!

I feel like the black sheep of the board. I must ask hard questions! LOL Maybe I should asked about bringing my new grandson who was born yesterday 2/22 with me in 24 days! That would get responses!

Judy, I can tell you that it's in a perfectly fine neighborhood. We drove to FL and parked our car at the Amerisuites (for free) for 10 days and used their shuttle to the port during our cruise this past December. It is near a small shopping center with a variety of stores, a grocery store and liquor store; there is a nice Mexican restaurant and an Outback Steakhouse next door also.

As far as directions, sorry, I leave that up to my husband. He used mapquest and while we did get lost and have to go around the block a few times, we found it okay. Aside from mapquest, did you go to the hotel's website to print directions - maybe they are better.

Thanks bjboothman. I will try the web site again and make a call to make sure. I wouldn't care as much if it was going to be daylight but we all know what it's like trying to read street signs in the dark!

Thanks again

There are a few ways to get to Ft. Lauderdale, near the pier from West Palm Beach. What directions has mapquest given you? Just let me know the main highways and I can let you know if that is the best way to get there. :)

Thanks.

some roads to

I 95

exit 27 turn right local roads (no names given)

turn left onto SR-842 W Broward

to E Broward to US 1 to SE 9th St.

to Cordova Rd.

to SE 10th ST.

Sounds confudising after I 95.

Does this make sense to those of you that know the area? Or is there an easier way?

Thanks!!!!

We will be flying into FLL on April 2, a day before our Carnival Victory cruise out of Miami. We will be staying at the Wyndham Airport hotel ($45 on Priceline), but won't be arriving until around 8pm.

Are there any restaurants in and around this hotel within walking distance, as we won't have a rental car. Any fast food or good sit-down restaurants?? Or should we just grab a bite at one of the airport restaurants before heading to the hotel?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Bill

I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, and I also have stayed at the Amerisuites.

From WPB take 95 South.

Get off at Davie Blvd. (1 exit after Broward Blvd.) and head EAST.

At Route 1, take a right (approx 2 miles)

At 17th Street, take a left (approx 1/4 mile)

Take a right onto the street the Amerisuites is on. (The hotel sits adjacent to an Outback restaurant and an Embassy Suites. It is NOT on the road, but sits back on a side street.)

You can also get off at Broward Blvd and follow the same directions. (Broward and Davie are parallel to each other.)

DO NOT eat at the airport. While FLL is not bad (they have a Chilli's open til???) compared to MANY I have connected within or use I would check Outback on the net and see if you can find out their hours. I suspect it will be late enough for you on a weekend nite.

Archived