RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

When you get off your lofty perch, you can see by my signature , I have cruised more than once. For you to presume I wasn't following the policy, is just rude, but I can see it coming from you. You present yourself as "all knowing" where cruises are concerned, but somehow I think you talk a big game..

On this site, the one you you became a member of April of THIS year, you might find it a bit harsh if you continue to put people down each time you post.

I was relating what I was told, and by individuals working. As I also stated in an earlier post, each port AND cruise lines have their own interpretations of policies.

As a retired Veteran, I am appreciative of all my freedoms, no matter how big or small. I treat people with respect, whether they deserve it or not. It has gotten me far in life. Try it, you might like it, too. :rolleyes:

Be the change you wish to see.

Or in other words, lead by example.

Edited by DrD

Ouch!!

Why are you so prickly? Did you have a run in with Anthony from somewhere else? He really has said nothing offensive and in fact has been helpful and pleasant. Please don't take offense so easily. This is a great board except for these little spats. Let's just all try to get along ok?

Many folks don't find the Sea View cafe on Radiance class ships. The easiest way is to go toward the back of the Windjammer on the starboard side and take those stairs up to deck 12. Turn right and the Sea View is just ahead. Also, tho' robes are not given to pax unless they are C&A Platinum or above, many times you can get robes just by asking your cabin steward. If there are any available, you will get them. The steam and saunas inside the locker rooms on Voyager and Freedom class ships are at no charge. (can't remember if Radiance class has these too) And if you want a larger shower, use those in the locker room which are bigger than those in your cabin if you are in less than a Jr. Suite or higher. Don't miss the "peekaboo bridge" on Voyager class ships on deck 11 all the way forward. If you like shrimp, be sure to check the Cafe Promenade for shrimp salad and egg sandwiches. They are usually served on the second or third day of the cruise. Yummy!

Don't believe the Radiance has Seaview any more. After refurbishing it was changed to something else.

Anyone out there know for sure? It was one of our favorite places.

Don't believe the Radiance has Seaview any more. After refurbishing it was changed to something else.

Anyone out there know for sure? It was one of our favorite places.

Seaview is gone on all ships except Jewel. I believe it was replaced with the extra cost venue Izumi.

NO... just someone who thinks they need talk down to people, without knowing all the facts. See it on this sight all too frequently.

I use the CC app I don't see if you have sailed 1 or 100 cruises by your signature that does not show up. Not everyone put all their cruises in their sig. And if they do it doesn't mean they REALLY went on all that are in their sig. Talk down to people no just try to help but I have noticed how YOU talk to people and what you assume others motives are. I have a cousin who is diamond plus on 3 or 4 different cruise lines yet she isn't on CC and if she just signed up does that mean she knows nothing.

As for me I try and give advice per policy. Not what I was able to get away with. If I am at fault for anything is to try and give good advice and to point out others advice that goes against policy.

We would not even be having these "cat fight" post if I had not of posted that you might not have known about the 2 per stateroom and that there could be more than 2 adults in a stateroom. As previously stated by your lack of sig. On the CC app I have no way of knowing if you have been on more than 1 cruise.

As for me I am done with replying back to you. So go ahead and post how I think I am better than everyone and condescending.

Eat more BACON

I would consider upgrading your room to a suite. Lots of benefits, double cruise points. sorry if I am repeating but 42pages is a lot to check.

Tell me about it. It took me a bit to read them Al when I first found this thread.

Eat more BACON

Nope, sorry. I was on this thread to hopefully learn some new tips for my upcoming cruises (becoming diamond). I see not a lot has changed...

I tend to pay more attention to people who have been on here quite a while as I feel they have more experience and know what they are talking about. I have been on here long enough to know that rules are not always followed. It just depends.

By the way, thank you for your service!

I tend to pay more attention to people who have been on here quite a while as I feel they have more experience and know what they are talking about. I have been on here long enough to know that rules are not always followed. It just depends.

By the way, thank you for your service!

Thank You, Carol, and you're than welcome.. Enjoy your upcoming cruises.. Happy New Year

I agree, great words, DrD. May you have a happy and Blessed New Year...

Thanks, and the same to you and yours.

It's been a great year so far! ;)

And I also thank you for your service.

“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” —Elmer Davis

I finally finished reading all 85 pages o of the tips. I saw where you can use your gold card at Starbucks on board Oasis ( going on first cruise Dec 7th 2014 with royal)

So question do they serve the black tea on board Oasis, and with your gold card, can you get free refills on it and regular coffee? Hubby and I love their tea.

Thanks.

-Deb

Sent from my kindle fire using Forums mobile app

A favorite sail away spot for me is the helicopter landing pad at the very front of the ship (Voyager, Freedom and Radiance classes). Most folks don't figure out the way there until later in the cruise. Just go out to the wrap around promenade under the life boats (deck 4 on Freedom) and walk all the way forward. There will be stairs that take you up one deck, continue walking toward the front and you'll soon be at the heli pad with one of the best views on board.

Second best place: Viking Crown Lounge. Easier to find, just take the aft elevators up to the very top.

Deffinitely our favorite spot on the ship, too.