RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

$6.50/day - fountain soda only

$20/day - premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, and fountain soda

$40/day - beer, wine up to $8/glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda, and 20% off bottles of wine.

$55/day - frozen drinks, cocktails up to $10, beer, wine up to $12/glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled water (still only), fountain soda, and 20% off bottles of wine.

$65/day - frozen drinks, cocktails up to $10, beer, wine up to $12/glass, premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda, and 20% off bottles of wine.

All of the above include a souvenir coke cup. The packages don't include minibar items, room service drinks, milkshakes, protein - type smoothies, canned soda, souvenir glasses (other than the coke one that comes with the package), tobacco products, ice cream, or multiple drinks ordered at a time.

Better off making friends with a bartender and tipping them well one the first 2 days of your cruise then you'll get great service, make a new friend, and get stonkingly boozed. =)

Actually you could have purchased it in a bar. It's pretty common for folks to buy a drink in a bar and then walk around with it, so if you bring a glass of wine from your personal supply in your room no one will question it.

Tucker's point was that he filled the glass to the rim, while wine purchased is filled about halfway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYZ4A30w79DCj5wTD4Niin4cPVjyJGLEwylRGw0svqn6kb_aJX1A

Since the cabins have US electrical outlets, am assuming we need adaptor plugs - but do we need transformers too ? Its a while since we've been to the US but I remember needing something else because of the voltage difference... any chance the steward can help us out with some or is it definitely BYO ?:confused:

Since the cabins have US electrical outlets, am assuming we need adaptor plugs - but do we need transformers too ? Its a while since we've been to the US but I remember needing something else because of the voltage difference... any chance the steward can help us out with some or is it definitely BYO ?:confused:

Your appliance needs to be able to handle 110v. Most modern portable devices e.g. laptops, camera chargers do. However, if your device only accepted 240v it would need a transformer.

Given how heavy and large (and costly) they are, that isn't something people would typically bring.

This is Royal Caribbean secrets so for our European cousins here is a good one. Long and short of it. They have both plugs and both 110 and 220. Hope that helps

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=320&faqSubjectId=334

Eat more BACON

Tucker's point was that he filled the glass to the rim, while wine purchased is filled about halfway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYZ4A30w79DCj5wTD4Niin4cPVjyJGLEwylRGw0svqn6kb_aJX1A

Ahh I missed that.

Still he must be quite the athlete to walk around a ship with a glass of wine full to the brim. I'd be wearing it. Of course a wine glass in my hand never stays completely full for more than a second or so.

Ask the barkeep if you can borrow a corkscrew that way you will not have to pay the corkage fee. If you open it in your room they will not charge you for it and if you carry a glass to the MR how are they to know you got it from your room or bar.

Eat more BACON

I permanently keep a waiters key (slim style corkscrew) in each of my

full suitcases (checked bags) in the little outside pockets. Always handy!

And quite often walk up to dinner at the MTD desk with a glass of wine in

my hand. That way if we have to wait a bit...it's like waiting in the lounge

for your table! ;)

Bacon is tough to keep crisp in those little suitcase pockets however. :p :p

Edited by island lady

I had one of the RC bottle openers in my "go bag." This is a bag I keep duplicates of my make-up, other necessities, whatever. It stays packed and I just pick it up and go whenever I'm going.

I can't tell you how many times the cork screw went through TSA. I had really forgotten it was there until we needed one on one of our trips and I remembered it was in it.

Now my little scissors and needles in one of those mini travel sewing kits--they took that up (lol). I think the inspector was frustrated that was all she could find after pawing through my luggage for 15 minutes. I was one of those "randomly" picked at check in for further baggage inspection.

Tucker in Texas

I hope this was not already addressed, but I find it very odd that the immediate thought of many posters were to jump to the negative possibilities vs. positive ones. In fact, it didn't even occur to me that someone would use that feature to be selfish. Wow.

The only thought that occurred to me (until I started reading some of the threads blasting the poster) was, "great idea...for all the times that you are in an elevator that is COMPLETELY full, and you can't squeeze one more child--let alone an adult--but have to stop at every single floor and have a bunch of passengers run over to what they believe to be an available elevator, only to stare at everyone inside and all the folks on the elevator stare blankly back at the passengers waiting to get on."

Come on....I can't possibly be the only one that immediately thought this instead of some inconsiderate reason.

No glass half full folks out there?

If there are 2 people in an elevator and one passes gas, everyone knows who did it:p

• 4 weeks later...

Bring small local gifts from home town for your room steward. They will really appreciate it & will make extra efforts to take care of you!

On my last cruise, out steward was soooo pleasant. Many times she would stay late just to talk to us about our home town & abiut her family. Just craving simple conversation. She was sooo sweet.

Edited by Pack My Bags

Glad this thread has come back for another life, we enjoyed it the first time!

It may have been covered here before, but it was something we discussed with some friends recently: Use the make up my room card in your door lock when leaving.

We had someone say they had gone away for breaky or dinner and the room was still not made up when they returned. Our attendant on our last cruise was doing 2 areas that were a little apart. Often they do one area and can keep a bit of an eye out, but they can't always see when you are going to be away for a short while, or if you are going to be longer, if they even see you when they have their backs to the door making up another room. For example, at dinner with my time dining, if you leave your cabin in good clothes, they may guess you are ready for the make up, but if you leave the card, they know for sure.

It seemed a simple thing for us to do, and it worked well with our room made up each time that we were away and used the card.

Also we took a little pad of post it notes and told the attendant first day that we would leave a quick note if we didn't see them around. That worked well for little things like more plain sugar when there was still plenty of the artificial stuff and they may not see you are short, or an extra roll of loo paper. I wouldn't use the post it notes if you have a complaint. Talking directly would be a better solution, as writing can come across with the wrong tone, as we know.

Bed extender: we found out late on the last cruise that there is such a thing as a bed extender that can be put at the head of the bed to make it longer. It would depend on your type of cabin, but these rounded end beds can feel a bit shorter.

May have been mentioned before, but we also printed out all the deck plans for the bar, theatre, food and entertainment areas etc, and we cross each one off as we check them out over the cruise. There are now those interactive screens on many ships, but we felt the hard copy was easier to use as a bit of a map to get there too.

Edited by kjsmith63

I bring our steward small gifts from our hometown, $5, $10, $20 all obtained from our local town bank. They really appreciate those.:D

But those small gifts although appreciated would be appreciated more if the 20.00 was wrapped around a thoughtful item that you put time and thought into. But of course you could take a 20.00 and wrap it around a 100.00

But then I am real sure the poster also gave cash not just a hometown gift.

Eat more BACON

But those small gifts although appreciated would be appreciated more if the 20.00 was wrapped around a thoughtful item that you put time and thought into. But of course you could take a 20.00 and wrap it around a 100.00

But then I am real sure the poster also gave cash not just a hometown gift.

Eat more BACON

I'm sure the monetary gift is very much appreciated ... on it's own.

We can not assume that the other poster "also gave cash".

well spent over an hour with several departments and well i am glad you question what i posted. what they were trying to sell me was international calling. so you are right. Thanks.

but here is a tip in St. Maartin you are covered by your domestic plan.

You sure you dont mean ST Thomas? St Maartin is not US and St Thomas is.

Hi! I am sailing on the Adventure of the Seas next year, and it will be my first RCI cruise.

On Celebrity and Princess, we received a free tote bag in our stateroom, which we found extremely useful for pool bags/beach bags

Do RCI do a similar sort of thing?

Hi! I am sailing on the Adventure of the Seas next year, and it will be my first RCI cruise.

On Celebrity and Princess, we received a free tote bag in our stateroom, which we found extremely useful for pool bags/beach bags

Do RCI do a similar sort of thing?

not anymore

Bed extender: we found out late on the last cruise that there is such a thing as a bed extender that can be put at the head of the bed to make it longer. It would depend on your type of cabin, but these rounded end beds can feel a bit shorter.

Oh goodness. We travel with a 6'6" gentleman and have never heard of asking for a bed extender. What ship were you on? Is it offered on all ships? Thanks for the idea!

I always take 3 or 4 clothes pins. I take them to hang up swim suits in the shower to dry but always end up finding another use for them.

I also take clothes pins, and I use one to close my nose so that the no-exhaust bathroom is not an issue :eek:

Check out this web site. This product is a must for cruising! It works.

http://www.poopourri.com. :D