Have breads and desserts gotten any better?

Breezey

True, European taste buds are different when it comes to sweet things. Spent 5 years in Germany in the 70s and 80s and came to love their pastry and less sweet chocolate.

We sailed the Millennium last December and thought their desserts were a tad European but good nevertheless. In June we were on the Norwegian Dawn and their food, was only fair. A few weeks ago, we were on Holland America's Oosterdam and they have the best food in our opinion, especially desserts. They also have the lousiest smoking policy if you are a non-smoker. In January we will be back on the Millie and look forward to excellent food but not quite up to Holland America's standard.

If you are a dessert aficionado, then I recommend their specialty restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

We are on the Celebrity Infinity 2 years ago. While we love Celebrity and have booked a cruise for December 2011 on the Century, I must say we were quite disappointed in the the breads and desserts. Not just choice but actual quality.

Just curious, if anyone agrees with me and if they have improved?

We have just completed a Trans Atlantic out Rome to Fort Lauderdale on the Equinox and found the food to be delicious. The breads and desserts were excellent. In fact, we never had a bad meal. I had Grouper one night and hated it. That was my fault. I had forgotten that I hate Grouper. Every evening I had either Escargot, Onion soup or shrimp cocktail. We have just booked another cruise on Celebriy for 2011. I think Celebrity does an excellent job an certainly provides a wonderful cruise experience. They are always looking for feed back.

You must remember that Celebrity is the only mainstream Cruise line (not 100% sure about HAL) that still makes all of its dough onboard, nothing comes prepackaged.

This is also true for other food, example: sauses are never powder based.

Archived