Celebrity Summit Review (November 13-20, 2010)

deladane

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Dana:

I so regret to inform you that our day in Dominica was not as wonderful as yours. While it was the one day of the itinerary that I looked forward to eagerly, rain, starting at 3 a.m., precluded us from taking the swim up the gorge and under the waterfall--all we got to do was view it. Additionally, although we booked with Levi at Bumpiing Tours, we got Gary. He was definitely not the best tour guide and proved to be a disappoiontment. The weather is one element over which we have no control, so perhaps we'll have to visit again.

I did wear aqua shoes which were perfect for the trek up into the forest and the walk along the beach to snorkle at Champagne Reef.

Again, thanks for your info.

We are planning a Southearn Caribbean cruise and considering Bumpiing Tours for Dominica; came across numerous positive reviews for this vendor and all the tour guides... So can you be more specific about your not so good experience with Gary, please?

From recent videos (and online reviews), it appears that he is pretty knowledgeable about nature, a funny guy and a good driver:

Thanks in advance!

• 8 months later...
Hi Dana. I concur. One of the best reviews ever. Loved the narratives and the pictures. Terrific. Look forward to seeing more of your reviews in the future.

Jeff

Thanks everyone!

Jeff, I just booked my next cruise on Saturday, and I definitely plan to do another review like I did for the Summit. I'll be doing the other southern Caribbean itinerary out of Puerto Rico, but I'm going with Carnival this time :)

Archived