For all Canadian Cruisers Air Canada Sale

wendymac

Hi to all my fellow Canadians - I just thought I would pass this on in case you didn't see - Air Canada is having a seat sale to Florida until December 2nd - I just booked a return trip for my Freedom cruise in May for $379 return from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale - it can be somewhat cheaper depending on your dates - check it out! Happy Sailing

For our cruise in April/11, we just booked Air Canada direct from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale, including 1 night stopover at Comfort Inn in Ft. Lauderdale on Expedia for $972.00 for two people. What a great deal, considering we paid over $1200.00 air only for two for our cruise January/11 with no hotel included.

I have never been able to fly out of Ottawa for my Florida trips! I'm flying out of Syracuse usually for much much less. This year, I paid $813. tx incl. for 4 of us!! direct flights out of Rochester to Orlando with Airtran.....I wish Canadian departures could match those prices. Yes, I realize that it's a 3 to 4-hour drive to Syracuse or Rochester but hey we're talking $813 vs $2k!! But you got a good deal!

I have never been able to fly out of Ottawa for my Florida trips! I'm flying out of Syracuse usually for much much less. This year, I paid $813. tx incl. for 4 of us!! direct flights out of Rochester to Orlando with Airtran.....I wish Canadian departures could match those prices. Yes, I realize that it's a 3 to 4-hour drive to Syracuse or Rochester but hey we're talking $813 vs $2k!! But you got a good deal!

With that kind of savings you could get a hotel the night before if they forecast bad weather. I wish I lived near the border:(:)

We usually drive to Buffalo and get a southwest flight for $200. Flights from Toronto on the same dates, also non stop are $500+.:eek: I will drive to Buffalo every time for that, especially since I have a large family to pay for! If more people did the same then Air Canada would have to lower prices.

Blame also has to go the governements and airport authorities whose taxes and fees can easily double the cost of the ticket.

I know the prices the Canadian airlines charge are insane and it's all taxes- I was lucky I am flying on points so we just had to book for my BF - so all in all between the two of us the price is not bad at all - if I didn't have points for mine, for sure I would cross over to plattsburgh or Burlington to catch an Allegiant or Jet Blue flight, much cheaper... and now in Plattsburgh they have Spirit Airlines - no clue if they are any good though. Sometimes you have to weigh all the costs though, in Burlington they don't have free parking and some of the airlines are charging (like Spirit) for every bag so you have to be careful you don't get any surprises when you check in.

That is excellent - when you have five to fly it adds up real fast! I can just imagine how much it would cost you to fly via Air Canada - time to take out a second mortgage lol

I live in Toronto, and flying out of Buffalo to Miami in January for our cruise. Paying $850 for FIVE of us!

That is an excellent price!

Air Transat Holidays is also worth checking out. Four of us are flying YYZ-FLL non-stop with AT in Feb 2011 for $1,240 taxes in!! I think they were having some kind of seat sale about a month ago when we booked our cruise. :)

Exactly as another posted mentioned you have to weigh the pros and cons to traveling 3 or 4 hrs for cheaper airfare.. with the cost of gas.. having to stay at a hotel and then parking for the week.. sometimes it just doesnt add up for us.. I will pay the extra 200 bucks to save the 4 hr drive home from the states..

Right now I am finding no deals to either FLL or MIA from YOW for our departure next year.. but it is still aways away and I will hope for another seat sale.. I have gotten air to MIA for both of us rtn for $680 in April.. I think Oct/Nov should have cheaper fares than that;)

southwest last week $ 220 return from buffalo to fort Lauderdale and 2 free bags.

yes just have to love all the extra charges to fly out of Toronto, same flight would of been 475 plus taxes and taxes and taxes and airport improvement charge.

Yes, the taxes out of Pearson are absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm looking at our price breakdown now: of the $1,240 total price, $964 is taxes!!!

Yes, the taxes out of Pearson are absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm looking at our price breakdown now: of the $1,240 total price, $964 is taxes!!!

Ahhh.......but look at all the great free medical coverage you have in exchange!!!! ( An expat Canadian who knows better!!!) ;)

Archived