Single Cabins For Royal Caribbean?

LauraS

Carol, I am so sorry, I didn't know your Mom had passed away. Please accept my condolences. She was such a sweet lady and I know you must miss her. I know how much I miss my Mom.

Unfortunately we had to cancel our Feb. 27th cruise as Karen had a wedding she didn't want to miss and my house still hasn't sold.

So are you still in an inside cabin or did you get to have a balcony again? I don't think I could cruise in anything but a balcony any more. Keep in touch and let me know when you need a cruise buddy.

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. After Mom passed away, I decided to go on the Feb 6 cruise as a solo - my husband is not a good cruiser (the sea days would make him crazy) and others were just not into cruising for 12 days from NY. I rebooked as a solo in an inside room with the hope of getting a better located cabin at final payment. Then RCL put the whole ship on sale and I scored an inside cabin on deck 10 by the aft elevators at 100% instead of 200%. My final price was less than the deposit on the original cabin, so I got some OBC. I'm a stockholder so more OBC from that since no balcony and I am now a diamond. I'm a happy camper because deck 11 is just up one flight. I'll miss the balcony, but I've done an inside before and I know I will be happy if I can get outside quickly. Elicia and Mike (Houlacruiser) and Karen and Jay(Bonvoyage2010) are also going. I'm joining Elicia's group for dining and on one excursion. I know several other folks as well, so I know it will be a good time with both old and new friends.

I might need a cruise buddy in the future, so keep me in mind. I'm sitting on a Feb 6 2012 reservation that I will have to deal with at some point.

Carol

Thanks Cheryl. After Mom passed away, I decided to go on the Feb 6 cruise as a solo - my husband is not a good cruiser (the sea days would make him crazy) and others were just not into cruising for 12 days from NY. I rebooked as a solo in an inside room with the hope of getting a better located cabin at final payment. Then RCL put the whole ship on sale and I scored an inside cabin on deck 10 by the aft elevators at 100% instead of 200%. My final price was less than the deposit on the original cabin, so I got some OBC. I'm a stockholder so more OBC from that since no balcony and I am now a diamond. I'm a happy camper because deck 11 is just up one flight. I'll miss the balcony, but I've done an inside before and I know I will be happy if I can get outside quickly. Elicia and Mike (Houlacruiser) and Karen and Jay(Bonvoyage2010) are also going. I'm joining Elicia's group for dining and on one excursion. I know several other folks as well, so I know it will be a good time with both old and new friends.

I might need a cruise buddy in the future, so keep me in mind. I'm sitting on a Feb 6 2012 reservation that I will have to deal with at some point.

Carol

Carol,

Paula and Tim from our cruise are also sailing on the Feb. 6th cruise as well as several others I recognized. I new Elicia and Karen were cruising on it. Nancy may be as well.

I don't know if I could do an inside cabin, but that's a fantastic deal!!!

Keep me in mind as I love to sail as you know!!! Enjoy the cruise!

Speaking of Solo cabins/travelers. I often sail solo unless I sail with my family from NY. I just booked a 7th deck OV on the Monarch of the seas for $245.07 for a 3-day a couple of weeks ago. The $245.07 included the Single supplement and the port charges. It was a fantastic deal.

Last week I check rates (out of curiosity) for the Monarch 4-day cruise and for an Interior was about $45 a day which included Port charges and Single Supplement.

Both those rates were also residency rates as well.

I only eat enough for one person, the steward only has to clean up after one person, maybe I'll spend more than two persons at the bar if I feel like it, yet RCL wanted to charge me for two people so I 'jumped ship' to NCL when they introduced the studio cabins and bagged a bargain.

I'd definitely consider returning to RCL if the price was right.

This is the best...and most logical news I have heard in a long time. my first cruise on Monarch of the Seas 7 day Southern Caribbean was sold at approx 135% supplement. Great deal. Then i saw fares for single rise to 150% which is fair enough balance for all parties. But when the 200% supplement was there I outright boycotted any future cruise on RCI, which is unfortunate as they have the most apealing ships and cruise experience for me. What they are in effect saying is that I can bring somebody with me for just additonal port taxes and gratuities. What they don't realize is the extra cruise fare is then lost in onboard revenue. At leats if you charge 200% they should give some onboard credit to play with. As for developing single cabins on older ships as part of the revitaliastion program i am all for it as long as those older ships include some of the newer features to RCI like the specialty dining venues. ie not Granduer of the Seas. Another must for these single cabins is that they have a large double bed, and spacious shower for those of us taller single gentlemen. As for the location on the vessel therre are many cabins on the larger vessels that do not attract high yields and would overall free up space for sinlge cabins. In fact to a slightly deeper ship design issue. There is a case for lowering the capacity of the voyager class, installing more Oasis Class features, and improving the yields.

Archived