Cruise Review - Mariner of the Seas Nov 14-21 2010

PCWalton1

Really enjoyed the review and the great photos. We did the same cruise on Vision. Okay, the photographer in me has to ask: What camera were you using for the photos? The interior of the cathedral is great and obviously shot with a fast lens.

I have a Nikon D3000 with a brand new Tamron 18-270mm lens. Still figuring out the lens so I messed up some pictured but I did manage to get some right. I am new to using a DSLR, about a year now. But I love it, getting shots I could never get with a point and shoot.

Very good overview, thank you. We are doing this very same cruise Dec 5th and I will take many of your suggestions! One question though. Do you recommend dinner time reservations and if so what is the ideal time? We want to see the shows so what is a good seating time? Thanks.

Very good overview, thank you. We are doing this very same cruise Dec 5th and I will take many of your suggestions! One question though. Do you recommend dinner time reservations and if so what is the ideal time? We want to see the shows so what is a good seating time? Thanks.

We had the early dining (6pm) mainly because dinner usually takes more than an hour so the 8:30 just runs too late. Don't worry about showtimes, for the main shows they usual ran two to accomidate the dining times. For Chops we booked online a few weeks before cruising so we were able to get our usual 6pm time.

thanks Bill and Marie . I got the smoked salmon and Starbucks . THe smoked salmon is so tasty .. yummy :p

Glad you liked it. If you ever get to Seattle, there is a place in Pike Place Market that has fresh smoked salmon that I would sell one of my kids for (only one of them :rolleyes:)

• 11 months later...

Archived