does anyone else have issues with the paper

csoud

luggage tags? can they get any cheaper. there is no adhesive or anything. whats the deal.

Laminate your tags! Or use heavy clear tape, I like lamination as we have one, no problems at all. You can get the tags before you get o the ship from the porter, but to us thats would be holding us up, though we are Platinum for the first time for out next cruise in May. In the end, do what you feel comfortable doing what you want to do

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in complete agreement with the poster who suggested these:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html.

I've been reading on the boards about people having trouble with their tags getting wet and these are a perfect solution, especially if you don't want a DIY project (which I don't...thank you very much:))

I made my own reusable tag holders. I cut thin plastic sleeves that go in notebook to size, sealed 3 sides with my foodsaver, paper punched a hole in the top, and used a zip tie after luggage tag was inserted. Works great, and I will reuse them next time.

Melanie

Well, THAT worked well until I got home and realized that for efficiency, they used a black magic marker across the tag, so I won't be able to re use it. So, I tried slipping one into a cheap clear sandwich bag, that works. I'll cut the bag on the side and tape the opening. As far as cutting the zip tie off, I asked the steward if he had a sharp knife. He dug in his pocket and pulled out a bare blade.

Melanie

I'll try that next time.

We never bother to print, cut, punch, staple, tape, laminate or zip tie luggage tags and don't see any reason why we ever would.

We just get our luggage tags at the pier. Quick and easy to attach and never a problem.

Archived