does anyone else have issues with the paper

csoud

I use the ones from the Funpass. I don't worry so much about the departure tags, which I think you mean. They only need to be on the bag from your doorway to the holding area and only indicate your "place" in the departure process. They usually last that long anyway.

The ones from the Funpass can be "laminated" by using packing tape after folding them over as directed. I punch holes in the ends and use zip ties to secure them from airport to cruise ship and cruise ship to airport. They last pretty well.:)

Seriously. In this day & age of internet & electronic everything, printing the luggage taggs is not a big deal to me. I don't consider it being "cheap" in the least. We always either use those cheap laminate sheets or clear packing tape to seal them, punch a hole, and attach them with zipties. It takes very little time & effort. But you don't even have to do that if you don't want to.

I print info on labels (a sheet of them) fold up put in my purse (takes up 1/16 of an inch - weighs nothing) Grab luggage tags at the port and slap the puppies on. No laminating, punching holes, printing enough, ripping, zip tieing, threading, lacing etc.

I've never once had problems with them. Like others, I laminate mine and they stay on forever with zip ties.

You might argue that it's 'cheap' but the same process is done for Princess, Cunard, Holland, P&O, Costa and several others...

:)

I don't use the ones at the port. My in-laws used them and it ripped off and they had to claim their luggage on the ship.

I print mine on regular printer paper, cover with clear tape and put them in my purse with a mini stapler. I attach them once I'm on the sidewalk at the pier.

I doubt I'll even cover them with tape this time though. They're pretty strong, imo.

We have never had any of the tags fall off - in fact had to struggle to get them off to put on the tags for embarkation. We just use regular computer paper and staple all the way across and have never bothered with laminating or packing tape. If the suitcase has two handles then we put one tag on each handle - just in case.

luggage tags? can they get any cheaper. there is no adhesive or anything. whats the deal.

Ah for the days when you received a large packet in the mail with thick rich documents and leather-like luggage tags, as well as a tote bag for your cruise. However, those were also the days when things cost more so I'll take the trade off.

Ah for the days when you received a large packet in the mail with thick rich documents and leather-like luggage tags, as well as a tote bag for your cruise. However, those were also the days when things cost more so I'll take the trade off.

I do miss getting the large blue envelope with your cruise documents in the mail.

That was always an exciting day!!!!

Last week I took a photo of the amount of luggage which was placed on Deck 3 (Guest Services) of Carnival Dream because each piece was missing any sort of info about which cabin it was assigned to. I'll try to post it later.

Either the porters at Port Canaveral didn't properly check to see that there was already a luggage tag properly attached, or they fell off in the process of being transferred onto the ship.

It was about 80 pieces of luggage. Not good. :(

Last week I took a photo of the amount of luggage which was placed on Deck 3 (Guest Services) of Carnival Dream because each piece was missing any sort of info about which cabin it was assigned to. I'll try to post it later.

Either the porters at Port Canaveral didn't properly check to see that there was already a luggage tag properly attached, or they fell off in the process of being transferred onto the ship.

If the airlines were that efficient it would be wonderful. 80 pieces out of probably 5000, is exceptional.

I thought this was about the toilet paper. I do have issues with that - it is very harsh.

If you don't want the hassle of laminating, etc., print out extra copies and put them on 2 or 3 different spots on the luggage. It improves the odds that all of them don't get torn off and your luggage not delivered.

Don, one of these was ours . . when it didn't show up, we assumed it was in the naughty room ;) but we never got a letter stating so. The next morning, I asked the room steward what to do and he said go to guest services which we did . . and filed a missing luggage report. within an hour, it appeared in our cabin - the steward went and found it. It was properly labeled with a Carnival luggage tag plus our own.

Uh oh...does this mean my TA won't be getting anything like this for me in the mail? Or is it only ppl who book on-line who have to print their own documents and luggage tags? My last cruise was w/Celebirty in 2004/05, and I received thick, rich documents !! I guess I'd better get off my duff and call my TA tomorrow to find out for sure. :eek:

Archived