Solstice Secrets? or must do's??

leith

Are they open to everyone, or must one be in AQ?

The sauna, steam, tropical showers, along with the warm tiled loungers mentioned above are in the Persian Garden. You have to be AQ to use, although I've never seen anybody checking. I believe those who are not in AQ can purchase day passes.

I believe there is a sauna in the men's and women's changing rooms also that is open to everyone.

If you like culinary demos, watch the daily for them. The chefs on board are very personable and entertaining. Also, sometimes there are visiting chefs and contests (like Iron Chef).

Hi,

I would be very interested in hearing more about these demos and maybe even kitchen tours.

We're serious foodies here - so much so that we've hired a helicopter to take us to an jamon iberico farm during our Barcelona port day on the next cruise. Last X cruise we didn't see any demos or the like. We did meet and talk with one of the catering managers just by chance. He ran Blu and the Aquaspa cafe, which was really quite interesting and, pardon the pun, whetted our appetite for more. We would love to find out more about the the celebrity culinary experience.

Are they regular parts of X cruises? How did you find out about them? Is this something we can just talk to the butler about on arrival?

Any suggestions would be great.

Hi,

I would be very interested in hearing more about these demos and maybe even kitchen tours.

We're serious foodies here - so much so that we've hired a helicopter to take us to an jamon iberico farm during our Barcelona port day on the next cruise. Last X cruise we didn't see any demos or the like. We did meet and talk with one of the catering managers just by chance. He ran Blu and the Aquaspa cafe, which was really quite interesting and, pardon the pun, whetted our appetite for more. We would love to find out more about the the celebrity culinary experience.

Are they regular parts of X cruises? How did you find out about them? Is this something we can just talk to the butler about on arrival?

Any suggestions would be great.

Hi:) the Food demos will be listed in your daily. If you want to

participate I would suggest seeing the CD and usually they can

tell you who will be the host/hostess and if they are looking for

volunteers. They held the Chef's Competition in the Celebrity

Theater and had quite a good sized turnout. It was great fun:D

They also had another demo which was held in Celebrity Central and

I enjoyed that as well. One of those very funny AND informative

activities:D...they had audience participation too.

Itsandreas:

Wow. You sound like one serious foodie.

I'd echo all of Lois R's advice - speak to the CD, read the daily newsletter, be sure to catch the galley tours ("heartbeat of the operation"), chef demos and the Iron Chef-style chef competition, listed under "Taste".

We'd also encourage you ask about events that may not be listed, or may have limited registration, at Murano and Cellar Masters, the wine place, on the first few days of the cruise. For example, at Murano, we booked a small cooking class (more of a demo) and wine pairing luncheon hosted by guest chef John Currence on the 12/5 cruise, but we didn't recall hearing much about it elsewhere. Ask the chefs - they're often the best sources.

We signed up for a food-and-wine pairing class on the first day of the cruise, at the entrance to the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) on the 14th deck. There were about 7 or 8 different wine tastings offered, ranging from $10 to $80 or $90 pp. Representatives of the specialty restaurants were there to make reservations as well.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

The sauna, steam, tropical showers, along with the warm tiled loungers mentioned above are in the Persian Garden. You have to be AQ to use, although I've never seen anybody checking. I believe those who are not in AQ can purchase day passes.

'Checking?' ...It may be different on the Solstice ship, but on Eclipse (also s-class), you can't even ENTER the Persian Gardens without them knowing, as you have to get a passcard from one of the girls at the spa desk. If you are AQ, they just take your seapass & in exchange, give you a card that opens the door to the PG (you get it back when you leave). If you aren't AQ, then yes you must buy a day (or entire cruise) pass, but not sure how that works, probably the girls just put the charge on your acct and then switch out the cards, etc.

Even if you only do for a sea day, it's worth it. Some tile beds are hotter than others I found, btw, so try a couple.

'Checking?' ...It may be different on the Solstice ship, but on Eclipse (also s-class), you can't even ENTER the Persian Gardens without them knowing, as you have to get a passcard from one of the girls at the spa desk. If you are AQ, they just take your seapass & in exchange, give you a card that opens the door to the PG (you get it back when you leave). If you aren't AQ, then yes you must buy a day (or entire cruise) pass, but not sure how that works, probably the girls just put the charge on your acct and then switch out the cards, etc.

We did two Solstice TA's. The first one was AQ. We walked in & out of the Persian Gardens and no one ever said a thing or asked for our Blue colored seapass. The second time we were Concierge Class. I went in there 2-3 times and was never asked for anything. Maybe because it was virtually empty.

It's been a year now so maybe they changed the process.

Archived