High Speed Internet on Epic & other questions on Epic

rckymtair

Hi,

We are going on Epic and need to check home every once while and I am wondering if they have HIGH SPEED (NEED HIGH SPEED) internet avialable onboard either rooms or internet cafe (I have a vonage device that I plug into laptop and call so I do not have to pay overseas rates but it works the best with high speed internet !

A couple other questions on the Epic... From what I understand the H20 pool is adults only pool is that right ? And are you able to reserve chairs their or not ?

And lastly which restraunts & entertainment are included in your fare

Thanks

Hi,

We are going on Epic and need to check home every once while and I am wondering if they have HIGH SPEED (NEED HIGH SPEED) internet avialable onboard either rooms or internet cafe (I have a vonage device that I plug into laptop and call so I do not have to pay overseas rates but it works the best with high speed internet !

A couple other questions on the Epic... From what I understand the H20 pool is adults only pool is that right ? And are you able to reserve chairs their or not ?

Thanks

I have to say the internet was quite slow for the most part. I would not count on having enough bandwidth to use your vonage device. However, I was pleased we had Cellular@SEA coverage the entire time so i could use my Blackberry (AT&T with a good international plan, otherwise expect to pay a lot for roaming) for e-mail, web browsing and phone calls.

There is no reserving pool chairs. But people do it anyway, I guess.

You can get a list of restaurants that have no cover charge on NCL Epic web site, but basically the two main dining rooms (Taste and Manhattan), the buffet, Irish Pub and Epic (for suites only) are ones without the cover charge.

... I am wondering if they have HIGH SPEED (NEED HIGH SPEED) internet avialable onboard either rooms or internet cafe ...
I have never yet seen a ship that has high speed internet. All the internet has to go by satellite, which seriously limits how fast it can be. Most ships that I have been on do better than dial-up speeds, but sometimes not much better.

Hi,

Thanks

On our recent, excellent cruise on Epic, we were delighted to find that wireless internet was available in our stateroom. As expected, it was similar in speed to internet on any other ship. It is satelite-based, and is always slower than the highspeed we all have at home.

It might be high speed when it starts, but by time a few hundred others log on, it becomes a step above dial up, but surely not high speed anymore.

As to Vonage - good luck. Might even be blocked. We just use our cell phone (2.49 a minute).

Archived