Cruise for Christmas gift. What if we can't go after payment?

DH and I are giving each other a cruise for Christmas. We already had booked a cruise for June and found out that my DH will have to use 4 vacation days by March which co-insides with my spring break. Much to my surprise I was told to go find a trip. Found a short cruise that works out well for both of us. After dicussing it we decided that this cruise was for us.

We booked it, and I made two copies of the booking and have wrapped it up for us to open on Christmas morning. It was great, we planned it together, and I was surprised by him saying go find us a trip!!!!

Hope this works out for you, and let us know how it went.

You should definitely look into "cancel for any reason" trip insurance. We recently bought insurance for our upcoming cruise, and if I recall correctly the company that we used charges 50% extra for the "cancel for any reason" option. It may be less expensive than you think.

THE ONLY REASON TO PRE PACKAGE IT is that your afraid that she might not

want to or cant go - back to my title "I thought the gift is for her "

PS the is the male of our team speaking.

I'm certainly not "afraid" she might not want to go and as prefaced before, am 99.5% sure she can go. It's nearly a non factor but I thought I'd put the idea out here for the board. So many good ideas! Thanks much! :)

After being together for a *ahem* "long time" we know each other quite well. No worries about my cruise choice, etc. As long as we're "doing" we're happy campers.

Lastly, you're correct, I'll benefit from the gift a lot. She won't mind one bit! :)

Thinking of packaging the cruise package with airline tickets and a week in South Florida at a favorite place of ours for pre cruise fun as well. I foresee no problems. :)

Lovetotravel, if she's not able to go, I'LL GO! LOL!!

If I was married and my husband did this, I would call my supervisor that day and tell him I need off such and such a day. Are you kidding me!!?!??! Seriously! It would be a done deal in my book. And BTW I'm the planner. But who gives a rip. I would start planning it from the day he surprised me with it.

You're a great spouse to surprise your wife with this gift. However it goes down you are earning BIG TIME BONUS POINTS!!!

The OP never asked if we thought he should surprise his wife or not, he asked about cancellation policies. I would be willing to bet he knows her better than any of us, so it's really irrelevant to his situation that some of you would NOT like to be surprised.

OP, I think you are very sweet to want to do this for your wife, and I hope it all works out!:)

The OP never asked if we thought he should surprise his wife or not, he asked about cancellation policies. I would be willing to bet he knows her better than any of us, so it's really irrelevant to his situation that some of you would NOT like to be surprised.

OP, I think you are very sweet to want to do this for your wife, and I hope it all works out!:)

I totally agree!

I totally agree!

I do too! lol :) I do appreciate all the contributions and different ideas however!

• 1 month later...
re: talledega racing gifts

Collectibles and garage furniture are wonderful types of ways to give a present to someone' date=' but they tend to be impersonal and not quite up to snuff. Perhaps you could buy them a ride in a real NASCAR race car. Many companies just like the Richard Petty driving experience offer ride along options that are very affordable. In a NASCAR ride along, you can be bolted into the vehicle on the passenger side with a professional racing driver, during that race you go around the track up to 3 to 5 times. If your guy likes roller coasters they will love this ride as a gift.

[/quote']

My mom got me nascar driving as gift in illinois

Archived