Boarding Time Question

mako2992

We are arriving in Tahiti on March 13 with our cruise beginning on the 16th. Boarding is listed to begin at 3 p.m. on the 16th. The ship actually arrives in Tahiti on the 15th with most of the passengers disembarking on the morning of the 16th. As check out from our hotel is 11 a.m. there is a 4 hour gap before boarding. My question that someone may be able to answer is two fold. Is that 3 p.m. boarding time firm and if so do they, PG, have someone receiving luggage in the morning so we are not forced to be pushing it around Papeete? Thanks. Bill

Why not ask the hotel for a late check out on the day you board? It's usually not a problem if you make advance arrangements. Some hotels may have a luggage storage room, and will let you use the pool area with bathrooms and showers until you are ready to leave for the ship.

I presume that you are arriving late in the evening on the 13th. I would really, really suggest that you consider going to Moorea on the 14th for two nights. The ferry to Moorea takes 30 minutes, is rather inexpensive (about $30 US round trip), the ferry dock is next to the ship, and you can take an afternoon ferry back on your boarding day and get right on the ship.

Moorea is spectacular. I know the ship will be stopping there but I strongly urge you to consider an over water unit at the Hilton for possible the best snorkeling you will ever find.

We are coming in on the 13th as well. We are going to go straight to Moorea and then fly back (travel agent got the tickets already) by 2 pm on the 16th. Are you staying in Tahiti the whole time? Look at tripadvisor for recommendations for b&B's. We are going to stay at one before the cruise and one day after in Tahiti. The 3 nights in Moorea are less than one night in the resort. We figured if it is awful, we can switch places but it is getting great reviews.

Thanks to all. We are on the ATN flight that lands at 11 p.m. on the 13th. I will be talking to the other couple coming with us regarding changing our pre cruise plans. I would see us staying the night of the 13th at the Radisson as originally planned then taking the ferry to Moorea staying there the 14th and 15th. The Hilton looks very nice as Fligtht Medic suggested. Trav what is the place you have heard the good things about?

I read about these places on tripadvisor. Hope for the best. Go to tripadvisor and read for yourself. We fly in on the 13th AF arriving at 4:30 a.! Nasty! Take a plane to Moorea and get there around 7 am. We don't trust ourselves to drive the first day. The place sends a shuttle. It is called Moorea Fare Miti. When the ship docks on the 26th, instead of a real early flight out, we opted for one extra day staying in a B&B called Fare Suisee Tahiti. They pick you up from the dock and we leave early the next day. For the 3 days in Moorea, we will go to the big resorts and if we want to change we can. But it has a private beach and sounds laid back and is much, much cheaper. Figured it was worth one night try. We did have to give a deposit ahead of time and it is cash when we get there.

You can leave your luggage at the dock and it will be cared for by the ship's sercurity until boarding time. We left our luggage on the dock and boarded just before 3 om. We had to wait in the Grand Salon until registration is set up(you have to understand that the crew is let off until 2ish while in Papette). The waiters did offer little sandwiches and soft drinks while we waited. The cabins will not be available and some of the bars may not be functioning but you will be in a/c and on the PG.

Archived