Booked late-Need Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Advice

jaybird from SC

Just a few days ago booked the January 15th. sailing on Constellation and are now busily searching for a pre-cruise hotel room. Any recommendations? Has anyone gotten a good rate for the 14th? Did you book direct or through the bidding process? (We have checked thru the Florida departure site). Thanks.....:)

There don't seem to be any "good" rates this time of the year. We're staying at the Best Western on Federal Highway for $125 + tax on January 15th. In July we stayed at the Hilton near the airport for $115 and it included cocktails the night we arrived, breakfast in the morning and transportation to the pier. When we checked for January 15th it was over $230!

I stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th St. If you get a room on the east side of the building on a higher floor, you can watch the ships come in to the port (or leave the afternoon before). I actually got up at 4 am to watch ships come in.

It's also next door to a supermarket, liquor store, and several restaurants.

Breakfast was good, (the free drinks at the managers reception weren't so good). I'm not sure if the shuttle to the port is free or not, we decided to take a taxi since it wasn't that expensive.

good luck!

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn FLL a couple weeks ago, it was about 10 minutes from the port with shuttle service ($8 each way fee). They also had a package where if you were driving, you could keep your car there for seven nights for no extra charge. We paid $149.

The Crowne Plaza is nice too. A stones throw away from the port. They had an airport shuttle but had to take a cab to the port. We paid $119. This property was just opened superbowl weekend.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Boca Raton a month ago for a total price of $95 per night, booked thru hotels.com. It was about $30 less than the FLL Embassy, and since we had a rental car anyway, the short drive between BR and FLL wasn't an issue.

Archived