price drop

kenorus

**Only for bookings made after May 17, 2010...

If the price drops before you have made your final payment, your final payment will be reduced.

If the price drops after your final payment, you are out of luck.

I have heard that there is a 72 hour window after your final payment to receive the reduction, but I can't find anything on the Celebrity website to back that up.

If the price drops before you have made your final payment, your final payment will be reduced.

I have heard that there is a 72 hour window after your final payment to receive the reduction, but I can't find anything on the Celebrity website to back that up.

This applies after final pay't

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSubBPG.do;jsessionid=0000I16d07x6JUmZ1HlRb1RIUXS:12hdebcnj?pagename=celebrity_best_price_guarantee

For bookings made after May 17th--

If there's a price drop before final payment is made (not just the date it's due), contact Celebrity (or have your TA do it if you have one) to get a fare adjustment. After final payment is made, you cannot get a fare adjustment or OBC, but you can switch cabins if a higher class cabin is now the same price or lower than what you paid. You can also choose to upgrade to a higher class cabin that's now a higher price than what you paid (albeit a lower price than what it was before the price drop) by paying the difference.

The Best Price Guarantee (BPG) comes into play if there should be a price drop within 48 hours of the initial booking. There is a form on Celebrity's website (on the main page, look for a link in the Find A Cruise box, "Here is our Best Price Guarantee", which takes you to a page including the link to the form) that must be completed-- Celebrity bases whether or not you notified them within 48 hours on when you complete this form. You will get the difference, plus 10%, in the form of nonrefundable OBC. The BPG is only available for North American bookings.

For bookings made prior to May 17th, if there's a price drop after final payment is made, you can get the difference in the form of refundable OBC.

I booked two weeks ago directly with Celebrity and asked this very question. The answer I got was that I would have ONE opportunity to claim a lower fare before final payment if available.

If the price dropped again I would not get a further reduction. Equally having claimed a further discount, if the price went back up, I would not be asked for more.

Brian

It's 48 hours if you book/pay in full within final payment and the price drops. If you find out it is 72 hours please let me know as our fare dropped within 72 hours/three days and Celebrity would not do anything.

I have read before about this May cut-off date. I paid in full for my cruise when I booked it in October (just returned from December sailing on Eclipse). I noticed there had been a small reduction, phoned my TA and received a refund, minus a handling fee.

You booked in October 2010 (or 2009)?

The first time I noticed a drop in price after our final payment date got upgraded from C2to C1 and OBC from TA (AA).

Just noticed yesterday that AA was offering the same cruise even cheaper. The first representative I spoke to said that there wasn't anything I could do - she also consulted with her supervisor (she said) which upset me a little.

Tried an hour later and spoke to a very accommodating representative that called X and they offered us an upgrade to Sky suite !!!!! just couldn't believe it. I think it depends very much on the TA and their relationship with X or just very good luck on my behalf for being politely persistant and a very helpful representative.

Doesn't cost anything to try.

Does this only happen if you book directly through celebrity? I booked ours through travelocity. In retrospect, I probably won't go that route again because of things like this.

It should apply to any booking through any TA. With that said some TA's are more customer service oriented than others. A great TA will let you know about the price reduction before you find out on your own. A bad TA might not go through the effort it takes to modify the booking and get you the reduction. Theoretically, the idea behind price reductions before final payment is that you could cancel one booking and make another at the lower price. Celebrity has no cancellation fees, at least in the USA, for cancellations before final payment but there are some TA's who charge their own fee if you cancel or change a reservation (although many great TA's do not have such fees).

I booked two weeks ago directly with Celebrity and asked this very question. The answer I got was that I would have ONE opportunity to claim a lower fare before final payment if available.

If the price dropped again I would not get a further reduction. Equally having claimed a further discount, if the price went back up, I would not be asked for more.

Brian

I have read before about this May cut-off date. I paid in full for my cruise when I booked it in October (just returned from December sailing on Eclipse). I noticed there had been a small reduction, phoned my TA and received a refund, minus a handling fee.

Rules for the UK may be much different.

Gentle reminder for those who may not be aware-- forum rules prohibit mentioning specific TAs.

For bookings made after May 17th--

If there's a price drop before final payment is made (not just the date it's due), contact Celebrity (or have your TA do it if you have one) to get a fare adjustment. After final payment is made, you cannot get a fare adjustment or OBC, but you can switch cabins if a higher class cabin is now the same price or lower than what you paid. You can also choose to upgrade to a higher class cabin that's now a higher price than what you paid (albeit a lower price than what it was before the price drop) by paying the difference.

Can you get a cabin upgrade or pay the difference to get one if you see a price drop advertised as part of "Exciting Deals" or are these excluded?

Archived