Hilton Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale

MovingForward

I stayed at the Hilton Beach Resort FLL from 12/9-12/11 pre-cruise. I highly recommend this hotel. The service was fantastic, the views of the beach are beautiful, and the room was more than I expected. Very clean, modern, comfortable, huge wrap around balcony, full kitchen, jetted tub, separate shower, 2 flat screen tvs, and very comfortable bed. All for about 219 a night. This will be my hotel of choice anytime i'm in Fort Lauderdale from now on.

The concierge can also book transportation for you, and there are taxis waiting outside the hotel for your convenience. The hotel also seems to be very secure. No one just wondering around, and security is very present.

• 1 month later...

am also considering this hotel for our august cruise. Is it right on the beach or across from it? Are there many reasonable priced restaurants and possibly a drug store or grocery store within walking distance? Oh, and of course, my kids will want to know how the pool is :D Thanks!

am also considering this hotel for our august cruise. Is it right on the beach or across from it? Are there many reasonable priced restaurants and possibly a drug store or grocery store within walking distance? Oh, and of course, my kids will want to know how the pool is :D Thanks!

It is across the street from the beach. There are reasonably priced restaurants and a drug store about 8 blocks south. There is a pool on the roof of the hotel. I'm not sure how kid friendly it is. If you want to be right by the drug store and casual restaurants look at the Marriott Beach Place and Ritz Carlton.

• 1 month later...
may i ask where you had dinner

Sorry I'm just now getting back to this page. A lot has been going on in my world.

For dinner, I had my limo driver to take me to the grocery store (Publix) before dropping me off at the hotel. I had a fully equipped kitchen so I cooked steaks, made sandwiches, etc. Also, the hotel provided the name of a few places that deliver in the information booklet. I chose Christina Wans for delivery. The honey glazed walnut shrimp was very good.

The next time I'm in Fort Lauderdale I would like to try Coco Asian Bistro, Casablanca cafe, and Chima Brazilian. All three has good ratings on TripAdvisor.com

Royalcruz is correct (her information is what helped me plan my days in Fort Lauderdale btw) The beach is across the street, but it was very easy to walk across.

I did have a drink by the pool. I didn't get in the pool, but I saw no reason why kids wouldn't enjoy it. It looked pretty neat from what I remember and there was nothing inappropriate going on.

We will be staying at the Hilton Beach Resort, later this week. I called the Hotel and they told me a cab ride from the airport would run about $35. Does that sound about right? The lady mentioned a car service the Hilton recommends. Has anyone use that car service? Thanks

We will be staying at the Hilton Beach Resort, later this week. I called the Hotel and they told me a cab ride from the airport would run about $35. Does that sound about right? The lady mentioned a car service the Hilton recommends. Has anyone use that car service? Thanks

I used the car service recommended by the Hilton Beach Resort. The car was already at the airport waiting for me and took me to the grocery store on the way to the hotel at no additional charge. I can't remember what the exact charge was but it was around $40. A bargain in my opinion, especially with the stop to the grocery store.

We are staying at the Hilton Beach Resort right now. We have a junior king suite....very spacious. We have a beautiful view, sitting area, 2 flat screen TV's, marble bath with shower and jetted tub. Small kitchen area in the sitting room. Overall very nice!

Cab ride from airport was $25 with tip. I would say ride to port will be a little less. Probably will eat dinner at 954 Steakhouse in the Westin next door, but may walk down the street and eat at one of the other restaurants in the area.

We are staying at the Hilton Beach Resort right now. We have a junior king suite....very spacious. We have a beautiful view, sitting area, 2 flat screen TV's, marble bath with shower and jetted tub. Small kitchen area in the sitting room. Overall very nice!

Cab ride from airport was $25 with tip. I would say ride to port will be a little less. Probably will eat dinner at 954 Steakhouse in the Westin next door, but may walk down the street and eat at one of the other restaurants in the area.

954 Steak is in the W next door and Shula's is in the Westin a couple of blocks away.

We were there in February for one night, usually we stay at the Gallery One. We had a studio (Gallery one we have a suite). I know the Hilton has suites as well, however it was too expensive for one night. Overall it is a nice hotel, but we were on the seventh floor overlooking a tile deck. The deck was quite filthy with things people had dropped from above.

Our studio was fairly spacious, but a one bedroom suite would have served our needs better.

We were there in February for one night, usually we stay at the Gallery One. We had a studio (Gallery one we have a suite). I know the Hilton has suites as well, however it was too expensive for one night. Overall it is a nice hotel, but we were on the seventh floor overlooking a tile deck. The deck was quite filthy with things people had dropped from above.

Our studio was fairly spacious, but a one bedroom suite would have served our needs better.

Did you prefer Gallery One or the Hilton Beach Resort better? -----and why

Thanks! :)

Did you prefer Gallery One or the Hilton Beach Resort better? -----and why

Thanks! :)

I actually prefer the Gallery One. The price for a one bedroom suite is less than the Hilton Fort Lauderdale beach.

I liked sitting behind the Gallery One (on the waterway) and watch the yachts. (sigh) and because it is close to the Galleria Mall.

The Hilton Fort Lauderdale is nice, however I would choose Gallery One when we go again.

I actually prefer the Gallery One. The price for a one bedroom suite is less than the Hilton Fort Lauderdale beach.

I liked sitting behind the Gallery One (on the waterway) and watch the yachts. (sigh) and because it is close to the Galleria Mall.

The Hilton Fort Lauderdale is nice, however I would choose Gallery One when we go again.

Did you walk to the beach while at Gallery One? Gallery One seems like it has more around it, restaurants, CVS -I think RoyalCruz has said a Publix is being built nearby. But the one thing that would sway me toward the Hilton Beach Resort is being more convenient to the beach.

Did you walk to the beach while at Gallery One? Gallery One seems like it has more around it, restaurants, CVS -I think RoyalCruz has said a Publix is being built nearby. But the one thing that would sway me toward the Hilton Beach Resort is being more convenient to the beach.

The Hilton is closer, but the Gallery One is only a ten minute walk.

Archived