Best place for easy fishing?

Luckyroot

Thanks for the video. Do you remember the cost to have the fish sent to your home (processing and shipping)?
Yes. It was very expensive, but I thought it was worth it. If I remember correctly, the bill was about $148 including FedEx overnight for a freezer full of vacuum packed fillets and smoked (which I liked better). It comes to about what you would pay in a supermarket, but you're buying your fish that you caught and buying a whole lot of it at one time. When you get back to the dock, the skipper will give you a form to fill out which shows the cost breakdown. One thing to remember when looking at the price chart is the shipping is added on to the cost of the processed fish and the shipping can be $50 +. Hope this helps.

We had a great fishing experience with Ketchikan Charter Boats and our skipper Danny. Office gal Carla made all the reservations through e-mail and we had a non-strenuous couple of hours of calm water fishing and the six of us caught 33 salmon in that short amount of time. Still have some fillets in the freezer. Delicious. Would recommend having some of them smoked, also. I posted a few videos of our fishing expedition on YouTube if you care to check them out. Search for my videos by my YouTube name: edcassells

Hope this helps.

I will show my husband that youtube video...he'll look forward to THIS cruise now LOL (he's not too happy about going on a boat he can't throw a line off of) :p

I will show my husband that youtube video...he'll look forward to THIS cruise now LOL

Be sure to view all the videos (I think there are four of them) especially the one of all the fish we caught. Should get him excited for the trip.

Yes. It was very expensive, but I thought it was worth it. If I remember correctly, the bill was about $148 including FedEx overnight for a freezer full of vacuum packed fillets and smoked (which I liked better). It comes to about what you would pay in a supermarket, but you're buying your fish that you caught and buying a whole lot of it at one time. When you get back to the dock, the skipper will give you a form to fill out which shows the cost breakdown. One thing to remember when looking at the price chart is the shipping is added on to the cost of the processed fish and the shipping can be $50 +. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. When you break it down, it's not that expensive. I was trying to think of something as a surprise for our 30th anniversary....a fishing excursion will be perfect.

The Ship Creek Comfort Inn is very tuned in to the needs of cruise passengers. Breakfast schedules are adapted for the early train departures. Watching the fishing is fun. There is a shuttle next door that goes up the hill to the main part of downtown (it is a big climb) and the folks are very nice.

Stedman Bridge on Ketchikan Creek is a perfect spot to cast away, right alongside the locals. There are fishing pole rentals located just across the street as well as a daily fishing license. The locals & local kids hanging out on the bridge have been known to be extremely helpful landing the fish once snagged and even more when the fish are being given away! Enjoy...

ketchikan-stedman-bridge-creek-street.jpg

Archived