Birthday during cruise

mrar

Hi all,

My husband's 25th birthday will be during our S. Caribbean cruise (I believe we will be in Grenada that day), and I was trying to come up with ideas on what to do for him. Obviously, being on a cruise is pretty amazing in it's own right, but I'm kind of looking for ideas on little things to do for him, activities, and especially some small presents (everyone needs presents to open on their birthday!)

We are cruising Princess so I was thinking maybe the balcony dining and of course a "naughty" present. But kind of trying to think of other little things, I tend to go a little above and beyond for holidays.

I'd get him a real gift, wrap it & slip it in your luggage before you sail. You don't want to be trying to slip away from him to find something suitable with limited time on any island. The other things you have planned sound perfect.

My husbands birthday was on our last cruise. He LOVED it. He thought it was so fun.

I woke up in the middle of the night that morning and decorated the room with streamers and signs. Put a Happy Birthday sign on the outside of the cabin door. Of course, packed a new shirt for him as his gift. Also, got extra bday cards from friends and family to give to him.

On shore, I had a lunch reservation at a restaurant with an amazing view. I let the restaurant know it was his birthday. They in fact, presented him with a cake after we ate. I had NO clue that was happening. LOL

Then I had chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the cabin when we got back. He thought that was so cool and ate them up. I didn't know if he would like that or not. Nice suprise. In fact, he said he wants strawberries waiting when we board each cruise now. LOL

At dinner he got extra desserts brought to him. The waiter knew he was a fanatic for ice cream, so he fit 4 scoops of ice cream in the dish. LOL

Then we went dancing after the show that night.

I just made sure I pampered him all day long.

We are celebrating DD's 30th b'day. We have some streamer type items for the room. On the door, we are putting construction paper balloons with ribbons, a sign that says "Happy Birthday", putting her name right below that sign. I have another sign that says, "Girls Only Cruising on Alicia's Birthday". The background is a beach, palm tree, with a ship in the ocean. Just going to have a little fun with the decorating.

We came back last month from DH b-day. I had the room decorated that the room steward was speechless, his mouth dropped open and his eyes were like golf balls, and all he could do was look around. When he finally did speak he said he's never seen anything like this before!!! and people passing by that looked in actually called other passengers to see the inside of our room, it was unbelievable.

I'm sure whatever you do your birthday boy will love it!

Archived