Snacks!!!!!!!

DQlover

My family will be arriving in Cozumel in Feb. I am going to assume Puerta Maya port. Can anyone tell me where we can buy potatoe chips and some candy near the port? Rest of family will eat off menu at a Beach club, while I am hopefully enjoying licorish and chips.

I am a terrible snacker!

I understand that they will not allow you to bring food off ship, so hopefully I will be able to find something near port in Cozumel.

Thanks!

My family will be arriving in Cozumel in Feb. I am going to assume Puerta Maya port. Can anyone tell me where we can buy potatoe chips and some candy near the port? Rest of family will eat off menu at a Beach club, while I am hopefully enjoying licorish and chips.

I am a terrible snacker!

I understand that they will not allow you to bring food off ship, so hopefully I will be able to find something near port in Cozumel.

Thanks!

there are plenty of snack like stores right there at Puerto Maya pier

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can bring snacks off the ship if they are in a sealed package, like a small box of cereal or a candy bar that you brought from home. As for buying snacks in port, they usually have some snack food and soft drinks in pharmacies.

Most of the pharmacy type places do have chips, sodas and an assortment of candy (not sure you'll find licorice though). Plus for a pretty expensive price you can purchase those things in the gift shop on the ship.

I would probably wait and purchase the chips once I got there (are you sure that the beach club doesn't serve chips????) but I would bring the candy with me.

My daughter has been told she cannot eat/drink anything off ship in Mexico. So we're planning on bringing PopTarts. We'll pick them up in Florida, when we get some sodas/water/wine.

Should hold her appetite till we get back to the ship.

Am I missing something here? Oh course you and your daughter can eat or drink anything in Mexico.

You can take pre packaged stuff off the ship. Bring your own on the ship and you do not have to get ripped off at the port.

SEALED prepacked. OP bring those little bags of chips they sell in multi packs. So you have sealed potato chips to get off with in case you want some at night on your cruise and get into them.

She has had medical problems, and has a compromised immune system. We promised the doctors she would only eat/drink things in Mexico that we brought from the USA.

Oh okay. I brought a banana & some cookies from the buffet off the ship in Mexico. I also brought back on to the ship some snacks, an orange & chips that were uneaten on our tour. Nobody said anything.

My daughter has been told she cannot eat/drink anything off ship in Mexico. So we're planning on bringing PopTarts. We'll pick them up in Florida, when we get some sodas/water/wine.

Should hold her appetite till we get back to the ship.

I'm sure this is none of my business but sometimes that doesn't stop me :p If she can tolerate it, you might consider a couple of protein/snack bars instead of the pop tarts. They would be more substantial and carry her longer. They wouldn't take anymore space either.

No offense intended.

Teenager! They only eat what appeals. No matter how much I think Pop-Tarts are pieces of cardboard with frosting, the teenagers love them! And it is much better to have something she is willing and happy to eat, than something nutritious that will not be touched. (My wisdom comes from 4 years of feeding Marching Band kids - you do not want to deal with a group of hungry teens! Grumpy!!!!!! I always carried pop-tarts with me in season. )

Also will have to bring a cooler, fill with ship ice, and bring un-opened sodas/water for her. Doctor's orders.

No offense taken.

Teenager! They only eat what appeals. No matter how much I think Pop-Tarts are pieces of cardboard with frosting, the teenagers love them! And it is much better to have something she is willing and happy to eat, than something nutritious that will not be touched. (My wisdom comes from 4 years of feeding Marching Band kids - you do not want to deal with a group of hungry teens! Grumpy!!!!!! I always carried pop-tarts with me in season. )

Also will have to bring a cooler, fill with ship ice, and bring un-opened sodas/water for her. Doctor's orders.

No offense taken.

Got it! :D I have a 19 yo son. I get it.

I completely understand your predicament Colorado. I have teens as well..............picky eaters.

I will buy multiple-sealed Twizzler packs, and the multi-pack potatoe chips in Miami. That should do it.

I know it seems strange, but when you need a sugar fix...................being a women;)!

Archived