Keep 1643 on Infinity or go aft?

keels81

We have booked cabin 1643 for our Alaskan cruise on the Infinity.

I did a search, and I found one thread about the loveliness of this cabin -- but people seem to like the aft cabins. Should we trade in 1643 for an aft while they are available?

Help!

The Alaskan cruise was a bit of an impulse purchase while we were on-board Century, so I'm a little flustered about not doing a ton of research beforehand ...

Thanks - and Happy New Year, everyone!

We sailed on the Infinity last fall in a corner aft suite (8181). My MIL was two doors down in a concierge aft suite (8176). Both were lovely! There is nothing quite like watching the wake while you eat you breakfast! Now we were going through the Panama Canal, so the scenery and temps would definitely be different, but I could image the aft would hold one fabulous view all the way to Alaska!

6143 is about 10 inches wider than a standard cabin. You might not think this is much but when you pass the foot of the bed it is significant. The veranda is about three times normal and is teak, not the rubberized stuff. The cabin door is a nice rich, dark wood. The staff in the area should be top notch because of the suites they service. You steward will be taking care of suites as well as your C1.

The aft cabins will have slightly larger verandas but will be standard in every other way. No difference in price since they are all C1's. All of the C1's on the M class ships are great cabins with wonderful verandas.

Sorry! Yes - 6143. I guess my fingers got ahead of me. :)

I prefer 6143 (as you can see by my screen name). Larger cabin. I like being in suiteland. Not many cabins in that hallway. When the ship rocks, you're rocked side to side in your bed. In the aft, you'll be rocked head to toe.

But either way, you can't go wrong. They're all good.

@Dandelion -- thanks! That was one of the exact reasons why we were considering the aft cabin.

@biker, jack -- thanks for the insight to the actual room dimensions. The sales person on our ship couldn't tell us much more than if he had to pick, he'd take that room over the aft because they are rarely available. I was really planning on an aft, but once he showed us 6143, I liked the idea of being on a floor with all the "big boy" suites, so we went with it.

Normally I would say "stay with what you have" but for Alaska I feel an aft cabin is the best. While traveling the Inside Passage you will be able to see both sides at the same time. With an aft cabin you will be protected against the elements.

Rollie

Normally I would say "stay with what you have" but for Alaska I feel an aft cabin is the best. While traveling the Inside Passage you will be able to see both sides at the same time. With an aft cabin you will be protected against the elements.

Rollie

I agree completely with this. We have been in both cabins on M class ships and an aft cabin is definitely best for the Alaska cruise.

Gerry

Hi,

Normally I wouldn't ever advise giving up 6143.... Just too many nice things about that area and those staterooms.

However, I must agree with the sentiment of 'going aft' for Alaska if you can!! If that's still an option to get one of those aft staterooms, go for it!! The views from there will be spectacular, especially if your itinerary includes a stop at a glacier!!

Have a GREAT cruise!!

CM

Archived