Letter Of Complaint.

Beardybloke

Hi,

I agree, except that I travel in the Britannia ranks. Do I mind, not at all. Would I like to try QG, of course but I am happy to be doing what I do. How lucky am I.... (a bit of hard work and saving but I get there).

Janice:D

Hear, hear. I will never be able to afford the grills but even if I could I am not sure I would want to try. I love the huge mix of people we meet in Britannia and on the ship. It is a big part of the trip for me. I would miss the random mix you experience in Britannia at lunch and breakfast. Incedently, I have met some lovely people who do travel in the grills too!! It is just not for me.

Things go wrong all the time, everywhere. For the sake of your holiday it is surely better to try and get things fixed at the time. If this is not possible, it is usually possible to work around the problems in some way such as eating in a different venue if necessary (irritating but doesn't have to spoil the whole trip). Obviously there are occasionally things that can only be solved with a letter to Cunard and I hope Beardybloke's problem has been sorted to his satisfaction. But as NickandSimon said some people do seem to get wound up by the daftest things!

I went on Independence of the Seas in January and was staggered to hear the same ice complaint, this time it was that the ice was too big. It may have been big but it managed to chill my ice free cocktails admirably. Some folk just like to moan I believe.

While I have never sailed in Grills, these comments reinforce my view that the Grills are certainly not worth the premium prices. If one can afford $300 a day plus, then they probably will find a better experience on so called luxury lines like Regent, Crystal, Seabourne,etc.

As I've stated before..we've sailed both in the Grills as well as Britannia. We've found that the Grills are much better overall. The food & service have been outstanding both times. The last trip was on Nov.27. There were a lot of issues in Britannia due to staffing problems. The Grills were not affected(which for the price they shouldn't be)Checking Silversea,Regent,Crystal,Seaborn etc. You pay 25% more or higher for a stateroom usually less than half the size. You frequently don't get Butler service unless you're in one of the larger suites.That being said we still prefer Cunard to the so called "Lux" cruiselines. My only issue is the Caribbean trips seem to becoming fewer.

Our days in Queens Grill and Princess Grill are over. Just not worth it, it was worth it on QE2.

EVERYTHING was worth it on QE2. I have not sailed on Cunard since she left, but I'm booked on a QM2 cruise for 2012.

I have written a complaining letter to Cunard only once, and that was over the mess of a "Christmas Markets" cruise on QE2 in 2006 or 2007. I asked my travel agent for a contact name. She told me to email her explicitly asking her to forward the message, and she would forward it to someone she knew at Cunard.

I don't remember how long it took, but I did get a letter back from Cunard. All I wanted was for them to admit to me that they (Cunard, not QE2 onboard people) had mismanaged the cruise. I guess that sounds petty, but the Corporate World has a hard time owning up to its mistakes, and I wanted someone to do that. They thanked me for the kind things I said (it wasn't all bad) and said my message was forwarded to all departments, compliments and criticisms. And I got a small OBC, which was unexpected.

So if the OP booked through a TA, consider that route for getting the message across. Just make sure your TA knows you aren't blaming him/her, which a lot of customers do.

rgreenba is correct.

Do not ecpect anything other than computer "Reply 101" and it is likely that will also be incorrect. Mine was, wrong date, wrong ship .wrong cruise.

I have to say that any complaint that I have had has been satisfactorily addressed at the Purser's desk or very quickly after writing upon returning home. Perhaps you should reconsider your manner when complaining?

:)

I have to say that any complaint that I have had has been satisfactorily addressed at the Purser's desk or very quickly after writing upon returning home. Perhaps you should reconsider your manner when complaining?

Thranite, I believe that is a very unfair comment. I'm wondering how others feel about problems being addressed to the Purser's desk. See new thread.

As I've stated before..we've sailed both in the Grills as well as Britannia. We've found that the Grills are much better overall. The food & service have been outstanding both times.

I haven't travelled in Britannia, so I can't compare, but I do agree with you that the food and service in the Grills is outstanding. Our Oct transatlantic crossing in the Princess Grill was amazing.

Sure, there was one dish I thought was overcooked (dinner the first night), but I wasn't going to let that spoil my entire trip. Like others have said, you simply chalk it down to experience and move on.

Every single crew member I interacted with was the perfect combination of friendly and professional. I couldn't have asked for better service.

From my experience, Cunard does a wonderful job and I highly recommend the Grills to anyone that is after a very special holiday.

I do believe that if you set out to look for problems you will find them. If you set out to have the best holiday you possibly can, than you probably will have an amazing holiday - even if dinner the first night is a trifle over-cooked.

Having the pleasure of meeting Jimsgirl..think of her a bit like Mrs. Doubtfire. Totally elegant with a nice sense of humor. I've had minor issues somewhat brushed under the rug as well. some of the folks at the Purser are wonderful, some not quite so. I've also been witness to some extremely nasty Pax at the purser's desk, as well. Nasty to the point that I had to tell them to knock it off. On our second trip several years back, we were on board all of 20 min.We were going up to the 12 deck. This women did nothing but bitch(I'm being polite)The entire way up the elevator.I finally told her "do you like Peter Pan?"

her look was a little strange & she asked what that had to do with anything..I then told her if she didn't stop the complaining we'd find out if she could fly like Wendy & the other kids. Dead silence, till this British fellow totally cracked up. The griping stopped,but the laughter kept going.

I haven't travelled in Britannia, so I can't compare, but I do agree with you that the food and service in the Grills is outstanding. Our Oct transatlantic crossing in the Princess Grill was amazing.

Sure, there was one dish I thought was overcooked (dinner the first night), but I wasn't going to let that spoil my entire trip. Like others have said, you simply chalk it down to experience and move on.

Every single crew member I interacted with was the perfect combination of friendly and professional. I couldn't have asked for better service.

From my experience, Cunard does a wonderful job and I highly recommend the Grills to anyone that is after a very special holiday.

I do believe that if you set out to look for problems you will find them. If you set out to have the best holiday you possibly can, than you probably will have an amazing holiday - even if dinner the first night is a trifle over-cooked.

We did 3 trips in Britannia. The food was always very good.Not as good as the Grills, but then again you're feeding a few hundred versus a few thousand. The pleasures of being able to venture off menu are one of the great perks in the Grills. The first year we traveled was the maiden season. The Britannia was quite willing to allow you to venture off menu(within reason)I believe they wanted as good word of mouth as possible. It did come as a bit of a shock that we really couldn't venture off menu on our second trip. But we understood the reasons. Still though we did request a sorbet "intermezzo" and had no issues getting it. Something like that is pretty easy to do.

Perhaps Thranite you should take your own advice when relying to posts. you asssumed something which was not true

I suggest that you read a fuller account of my dealings with the Pursers desk Feb 18th and Mch 1/2nd on my B2B trip on QV recently.

I would be interested in reading how you would have felt if you had been the victim of Cunard staffs incompetance.

I did not go to the Pursers desk to "complain" re "tough steak" "weak coffee" "wait for room service" ,

However failing to provide paid for transport because some staffer left your name off a list, or being expected to give up my cabin on the 14th day of my 29 day cruise, to accept a smaller cabin than the one I had booked 9 months previously. because some staffer had made a double booking being told quote "the incoming passengers REALLY want your cabin"

Perhaps like the Pursers desk or the Hotel Manger you also think I should have smiled and said sweetly "certainly of course I do not mind taking the smaller cabin, I quite understand"!!!!!!

No-had it happened to you , I think you would have been just as upset as I was.and just as critical of the imcompetance of the Purser staff and the Hotel Manager.

Perhaps Thranite you should take your own advice when relying to posts. you asssumed something which was not true

I suggest that you read a fuller account of my dealings with the Pursers desk Feb 18th and Mch 1/2nd on my B2B trip on QV recently.

I would be interested in reading how you would have felt if you had been the victim of Cunard staffs incompetance.

I did not go to the Pursers desk to "complain" re "tough steak" "weak coffee" "wait for room service" ,

However failing to provide paid for transport because some staffer left your name off a list, or being expected to give up my cabin on the 14th day of my 29 day cruise, to accept a smaller cabin than the one I had booked 9 months previously. because some staffer had made a double booking being told quote "the incoming passengers REALLY want your cabin"

Perhaps like the Pursers desk or the Hotel Manger you also think I should have smiled and said sweetly "certainly of course I do not mind taking the smaller cabin, I quite understand"!!!!!!

No-had it happened to you , I think you would have been just as upset as I was.and just as critical of the imcompetance of the Purser staff and the Hotel Manager.

I have made no assumption, merely stated an observation. I have had issues requiring attention. All were attended to by the Purser's desk, efficiently and effectively. It is unfortunate that your problems seem to have been addressed differently.

Archived