Dress for formal night

slmwo

What is the required dress for formal night on Carnival? Do men have to wear a jacket or is shirt and tie sufficient? Thanks for your help!

Carnival no longer has "formal" night. They changed to "elegant" a few years ago. It seems like almost anything goes so a shirt and tie is going to be more than fine.

would this be the same for RCCL? we've cruised Carnival and they are pretty lenient with the dress cod. we are going Adventure of the Seas in a couple weeks. how strict are they there? i want to pack as light as possible and it gets hard with 4 kids.

would this be the same for RCCL? we've cruised Carnival and they are pretty lenient with the dress cod. we are going Adventure of the Seas in a couple weeks. how strict are they there? i want to pack as light as possible and it gets hard with 4 kids.

RCI still has 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise and they do have a suggested dress for the evening. That does not mean that everyone follows it though which I don't agree with. You don't have to go to the main dining room if you want to opt out of formal nights. There are lots of other places to eat depending on which ship. We did not take formal clothing on our Oasis cruise last spring and ate in a specialty dining room both formal nights which are always smart casual.

Archived