Drydock for Spendour in 2011?

SoCal09

Has anyone heard if the Splendour is going to drydock... we booked for the Nov 25 2011 TA cruise out of Barcelona but now are hear differing info. I can't get anything from RCI.

Thanks....

Splendour's refurbishment will not affect your November 2011 sailing. I believe it will take place from 5th - 12 April 2011. Looking forward to it!! :):D

Has anyone heard if the Splendour is going to drydock... we booked for the Nov 25 2011 TA cruise out of Barcelona but now are hear differing info. I can't get anything from RCI.

Thanks....

The newest information I received was that she may be going in for the whole month of Nov.

Originally Posted by campus_norway viewpost.gif

According to Captain on Splendour during TA two weeks ago, Splendour will dry dock in November for almost a full month. Probably in Lisbon before the TA.

That has not been confirmed and the sailing schedule is still selling cruises

so it is not fact yet.

If it becomes fact, I will post the DryDock schedule with that change on page one.

As of now she is still scheduled for DryDock in April.

Splendour is due for some extensive renovations including the addition of a number of balconies so a month-long dry-dock is not inconceivable. However, I have not seen an official dry-dock schedule indicating when that might occur. Stay tuned to these boards as that type of information will definitely be posted as soon as it is available.

The drydock was originally scheduled for April. We were excited as we are booked for a June itinerary but that changed and the drydock is now reported to be scheduled in November. There are no fares listed for the November sailing dates. The last listed cruise is the 10 night sailing from Venice on October 28th and the next listing is a short cruise originating in Brazil on December 11th. I didn't see the T/A repositioning cruise listed when I checked the other dates.

The drydock is reportedly nearly a month as the ship is to receive additional balconies, refurbished public areas and cabins, and either one or two new specialty restaurants.

Splendour's refurbishment will not affect your November 2011 sailing. I believe it will take place from 5th - 12 April 2011. Looking forward to it!! :):D

I think that was the original date. That obviously got changed and has now made that cruise a bargain. I can't wait to sail on her on the 4th April. Kimberley

The newest information I received was that she may be going in for the whole month of Nov.

Originally Posted by campus_norway viewpost.gif

That has not been confirmed and the sailing schedule is still selling cruises

so it is not fact yet.

If it becomes fact, I will post the DryDock schedule with that change on page one.

As of now she is still scheduled for DryDock in April.

Nov. 7, Nov. 18 and Nov. 25, 2011 cruises are all listed as N/A on the website.

kborth also posts:

My cruise was canceled for November 17

I believe that would have been the 18th of Nov.

The drydock was originally scheduled for April. We were excited as we are booked for a June itinerary but that changed and the drydock is now reported to be scheduled in November. There are no fares listed for the November sailing dates. The last listed cruise is the 10 night sailing from Venice on October 28th and the next listing is a short cruise originating in Brazil on December 11th. I didn't see the T/A repositioning cruise listed when I checked the other dates.

The drydock is reportedly nearly a month as the ship is to receive additional balconies, refurbished public areas and cabins, and either one or two new specialty restaurants.

This appears on RCCL's web site and except for an exact date (it says fall 2011) I take it as at least an "affirmation"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=royal_advantage_main&cid=RCHPF1-11082010RoyalAdvantage

This appears on RCCL's web site and except for an exact date (it says fall 2011) I take it as at least an "affirmation"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=royal_advantage_main&cid=RCHPF1-11082010RoyalAdvantage

Yes, it looks like your information was 100% correct. I will change the DryDock schedule as soon as I get more people to post and say their cruises were canceled in November besides the Nov 18 one. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed RCI regarding the drydock in November and here is the response:

"The Splendour of the Seas dry dock in fall 2011 is scheduled to be completed by November 25th, 2011. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact a Royal Certified Vacation Planner at 1-800-205-9812, and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Sincerely,

Kimberly Howard

Customer Service Representative

I just called RCI customer service and I was told that the Splendour was in dry dock in "October 2011" for 28 days in Venice and the November 25th cruise out of Barcelona is sold out and should be departing as scheduled! ...so I am cautiously optimistic (maybe not enough to buy airfare yet).

• 3 weeks later...

Splendour is showing N/A from Oct. 17 - Dec. 11, including the TA beginning on Nov. 25th. We're booked on the TA, but will probably need to cancel.

Guess I'll just wait a bit and see what happens with an announcement of the refurb. plans. Since we booked it while onboard Century last October, we only deposited $100 per person, so not a lot of money tied up at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived