FOUR in a Cabin?

ciship

There are six of of us on this cruise and we have booked two balcony cabins side by side. One cabin holds 2 and the other cabin holds 4. Is there somewhere in the cabin for 2 that can hold the 3rd person so we can make it an even 3 and 3 in each cabin and relieve some of the crowded(ness)?

Also, I have been looking everywhere trying to find photos of the cabin for 4 with all 4 beds made up (brought down from the ceiling, etc...). Does anyone have a pic of this or a link? I guess I'm not putting in the right search words??

Help!!

There are six of of us on this cruise and we have booked two balcony cabins side by side. One cabin holds 2 and the other cabin holds 4. Is there somewhere in the cabin for 2 that can hold the 3rd person so we can make it an even 3 and 3 in each cabin and relieve some of the crowded(ness)?

Also, I have been looking everywhere trying to find photos of the cabin for 4 with all 4 beds made up (brought down from the ceiling, etc...). Does anyone have a pic of this or a link? I guess I'm not putting in the right search words??

Help!!

We were in a quad on the Miracle... so it depends on the configuration.. we had a bunk drop down from the ceiling, and the sofa was made up for person #4...

IMG_1453.jpg.cc44c37a664c1f32a51ce3c371a5fbfe.jpg

It certainly is possible. Most, if not all, of the balcony cabins have a sofa. Some can be made into a single bed... others can't...

:)

We have the popular Spirit class cabins 8232 and 8230. Will the cabin steward gives us bedding for the couch even if the cabin is supposed to be for only 2 people?

We have the popular Spirit class cabins 8232 and 8230. Will the cabin steward gives us bedding for the couch even if the cabin is supposed to be for only 2 people?

That's a tough one. Not all sofas can be converted into a third bed. Here's the description of your two cabins:

cabin 8230 (8K OST4) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

cabin 8232 (8K OSTW) 185/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: no

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

As you can see, 8232 does not indicate a convertible sofa bed so I suspect that the cabin steward won't be able to help you... I have no doubt that someone could sleep on the sofa but the convertibles have a seat cushion that is removed to expose the mattress.

The regular sofa might be shorter than the convertible sofa. The convertible sofa they just remove the back cushions at night and voila .. its now a twin bed.

Im thinking the regular sofa will be too short, unless one in the party isnt that tall.

That's a tough one. Not all sofas can be converted into a third bed. Here's the description of your two cabins:

cabin 8232 (8K OSTW) 185/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: no

As you can see, 8232 does not indicate a convertible sofa bed so I suspect that the cabin steward won't be able to help you... I have no doubt that someone could sleep on the sofa but the convertibles have a seat cushion that is removed to expose the mattress.

Thank you Host Mach........hmmmm........I guess I better get used to us having four in a cabin. Now..........still seaching for a photo that will show me how bad that will be (with all four beds out).

Thank you Host Mach........hmmmm........I guess I better get used to us having four in a cabin. Now..........still seaching for a photo that will show me how bad that will be (with all four beds out).[/quote]

Look back at post #3 and click on her thumbnail photo.

click the thumbnail I posted and you will see how the room for 4 will be set up..the exception will be that the 'king' bed will be separated into two twins...

or take a peek at this one..which was taken from the back wall of the cabin:(which was a 4k...an 'interior' room with french doors..which could have had a balcony if the lifeboats werent' in the way!)

Miracle4194b.jpg.be84f2549d9eacd0d72408b800154ee5.jpg

Thank you Host Mach........hmmmm........I guess I better get used to us having four in a cabin. Now..........still seaching for a photo that will show me how bad that will be (with all four beds out).[/quote]

Look back at post #3 and click on her thumbnail photo.

Oh thank you.......don't know how I missed that:)

click the thumbnail I posted and you will see how the room for 4 will be set up..the exception will be that the 'king' bed will be separated into two twins...

or take a peek at this one..which was taken from the back wall of the cabin:(which was a 4k...an 'interior' room with french doors..which could have had a balcony if the lifeboats werent' in the way!)

Oh awesome....thank you so much for posting. My best girlfriend and I are taking our sons on this cruise to celebrate their high school graduation. They are both BIG/TALL boys. Yikes.......hope they fit!! Any special tips you can provide to eliminate clutter will be MOST welcome!

We were in a quad on the Miracle... so it depends on the configuration.. we had a bunk drop down from the ceiling, and the sofa was made up for person #4...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the photo!! Were the beds comfortable?

we had two teen girls in this cabin with us.. I think I cleaned up more often than the steward did!! It didnt help that the oldest packed half her room, despite months of careful planning, and packing..next time I'll lock the suitcase up in my room so she can't mess with it!

The girls were fine with the beds...I think they are less sensitive to lumps than we are in our 'old' age! They said they were plenty comfortable, and I didn't hear a word of complaint from the older..which for her, is HIGHLY unusual..she can usually find at least SOMETHING to moan about....

Pack as light as possible, make use of the cabinets to store the dirty laundry, pack it back into the suitcase ( which you can store under the beds) as soon as it is no longer wearable. I also hung up everything possible. A roll of quarters can be your best friend here, if you don't mind doing laundry 1/2 way thru the cruise..oh, and Febreze odor eliminator also helps get an extra day out of a shirt just worn to dinner!!

we had two teen girls in this cabin with us.. I think I cleaned up more often than the steward did!! It didnt help that the oldest packed half her room, despite months of careful planning, and packing..next time I'll lock the suitcase up in my room so she can't mess with it!

The girls were fine with the beds...I think they are less sensitive to lumps than we are in our 'old' age! They said they were plenty comfortable, and I didn't hear a word of complaint from the older..which for her, is HIGHLY unusual..she can usually find at least SOMETHING to moan about....

Pack as light as possible, make use of the cabinets to store the dirty laundry, pack it back into the suitcase ( which you can store under the beds) as soon as it is no longer wearable. I also hung up everything possible. A roll of quarters can be your best friend here, if you don't mind doing laundry 1/2 way thru the cruise..oh, and Febreze odor eliminator also helps get an extra day out of a shirt just worn to dinner!!

All great advice!!! Thank you so much........

You could always ask for a cot.

I think the last thing you want in a standard cabin is a cot, but it would depend on how the cabin without the sofa is configured..you could probably put it where the sofa 'should' be... but comfort would probably be tossed out the window!

Archived