MCO/Port Canaveral Timing

HORDOSR

our flight leaves back to Canada at noon out of Orlando and we supposedly get off the ship in Port Canaveral at 8 am. Is this enough time to get to the airport and check in? It is about an hour away and we have to check in an hour before so i want to make sure this isnt a problem. Thanks!

I would not be comfortable with this time frame. What if your ship is held up as you clear back into the US, or you hit traffic on the way to the airport? What if the check in or security lines are long? You have no "wiggle room", IMO.

I would not be comfortable with this time frame. What if your ship is held up as you clear back into the US, or you hit traffic on the way to the airport? What if the check in or security lines are long? You have no "wiggle room", IMO.

hopefully all goes well, i wasnt sure

I would prefer a bit more time. However, it depends on your airline. Are there several more flights that can get you home that day? So you miss the first, and have to do stand-by on another.

As long as you aren't travelling with small children, or older, ill relations, it's probably not a big deal.

our flight leaves back to Canada at noon out of Orlando and we supposedly get off the ship in Port Canaveral at 8 am. !

I'd be curious who said you get off at 8.

Once the ship ties up to the pier, the ship belongs to US Customs and US Immigrations. Until those two governmnet agencies give the "all clear" nobody gets off the ship.

Let's back plan a little

Plane leaves gate at 12 noon

boarding begins at 11:30

International Flight? They want you checked-in 2 hours early

That means you have to be "checked-in" NOT in line but checked-in by 10am

Let's say a 20 minute wait to get checked in, must be out of the cab, all luggage in hand, and standing in line to check in at 9:40.

It's a 1 hr drive, so must have all luggage in cab , butts in seats by 8:40

15 minute wait for cab to pull up and load you in,,,standing on curb waiting for cab by 8:25.

Minimum 1/2 hour finding luggage, standing in-line to get thru Customs and Immigration, must be off ship, down gangplank, beginning to look for luggage by 7:55

Minimum 1/2 hour between they call your color and you actually fight the crowds to get down the stairs to get off the ship. Must have debarkation authority granted and you're dang near the first one in line at 7:25

What's your backup plan?

To save time you could do a 'self assist'. That means you walk off the ship with ALL your luggage. none is put out for pick up the night before. These passengers are off before anyone else. (on one cruise we got off at 6:15 am, next was 8:15 so you can't be sure what time you can get off - all other passengers were later than 8:15!)) Our last few cruises the self assist is called by deck with suite and higher decks called in order to lowest deck last.

If you go to the purser's desk they will give you luggage tags for the 1st color off when you explain your flight times if yo're checking luggage. But you still have to find your luggage and a cab to get to Orlando.

I would try to get a late flight. Good Luck if you don't!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived