JS 9618 on Mariner of the Seas - Updated yet?

We are trying to decide for 3 adults (our 20 year old DD will be with us) if we should upgrade to a JS. The Aft ones are gone - so we are looking at 9618 on the hump. Have the JS on Mariner been updated yet with flat screens, etc.? Just trying to decide if it's worth the extra $1200 (total). Otherwise, 1390 on the aft came open - a D1, but a great large balcony for 3.

The balcony on the hump won't be any larger than any side JS, but the cabin is about 1/3 larger than a D.....and in such a convenient location! So, it comes down to which is more important to you....cabin space or balcony space!

The balcony on the hump won't be any larger than any side JS, but the cabin is about 1/3 larger than a D.....and in such a convenient location! So, it comes down to which is more important to you....cabin space or balcony space!

Incorrect. The hump balcony is larger than a standard JS, although not as large as the balconies on the stern of the ship. In 9318 we had a full lounger, two chairs and a small table. Our friends in 1394 on the hump had a small furniture store - two fully loungers, two chairs with footstools, two regular chairs and a small table. It was overkill IMHO.

I would take the hump JS over the stern D-1. The only real drawback for us was the wind when we were underway. Plus if it's raining you won't have much shelter. But the interior space is terrific, larger than the usual JS with a full sofa instead of a loveseat. That might be more comfortable for your daughter to sleep on, too.

The balcony on 1390 has no cover except for a beam down the middle that you can conveniently bump your head on. Those corner balconies on Deck 10 have much smaller balconies than the center aft cabins do. It would be crowded with 3. There is room for only one lounger. Take the JS!

I am not sure 9618 (or 9318 for that matter) can accommodate more than two people. You may need to check on that.

I have stayed in 9318 three times. The sofa does not open into a bed. Plus, it is long and narrow. I imagine it would be rather uncomfortable to sleep on every night.

Otherwise, the center hump is a great location, and it is my favorite JS.

(OK, my only JS!:D)

Archived