WINE in Carry On???

suzepoo

they always charged a corkage fee to take your wine to the dining room and I can't find that anywhere now in the FAQ....that's why I wondered if they stopped even allowing you to bring your own...I don't LIKE what they have on board usually, thus why I would bring my own..:(

Right - no corkage fee because you can't bring anything on (although, actually, if anyone sends you wine to your cabin or if you have it sent yourself, you WILL be charged to bring it to the dining room - pure stupidity IMO). It think it's been about five years that they haven't allowed you to bring any wine.

I don't think they ever allowed you to bring wine on board. Carnival allows you to bring wine though but as long as I have been sailing RCI I don't remember wine being allowed-not to say some folks don't bring it anyway.

they always charged a corkage fee to take your wine to the dining room and I can't find that anywhere now in the FAQ....that's why I wondered if they stopped even allowing you to bring your own...I don't LIKE what they have on board usually, thus why I would bring my own..:(

I absolutely agree with you, last spring we took a Princess Cruise, brought several bottles of wine on board, brought them to dinner, paid a corkage fee each time, not a problem, I got to drink a bottle of wine that I truly enjoy. RCI is becoming a "gestapo" cruise line!

I don't think they ever allowed you to bring wine on board. Carnival allows you to bring wine though but as long as I have been sailing RCI I don't remember wine being allowed-not to say some folks don't bring it anyway.

On our 2009 cruise the policy (written) allowed a bottle of wine to be brought, now the written policy is nothing is allowed, so they did allow it once, I abide by the rules, but the rules stink!

Up to now I have had no problem bringing a few bottles of wine in my carry-on luggage on RC cruises and had done it for several years. However, on a RC crusie in early December my two friends and I all had our luggage pulled and sent to a "room" with everyone else's luggage that was screened for alcohol. It took hours to figure out what happened and where our luggage was. Once we found it they ask that you open it and take out the bottle or bottles which they then label wiht your name and stateroom number. (We also had to sign somethng acknowledging what hapopened.) They ended up delivering the bottles back to our stateroom around 4 p.m. the last day of the cruiose. so technicaly we could have drank it that night while still on the ship. But they do seem to have gotten really strict about enforcing this.

By "carry on" I mean YOU actually CARRY it onboard with you....I haven't ever tried to smuggle a "bottle" of anything in my "checked" bags, but always use rum runners as the x-ray machines will SCREAM when there is ANYTHING in the shape of a bottle, haha....so to speak. :eek:

And you are right...it used to be "in writing" about the fact that you could carry on wine, and now it's not, thus why I wondered if anyone has cruised on RCI recently with wine in their "carry on" and if it was taken. The only ADVANTAGE to being called to the "naughty room" is that you do actually get it back, but if they take it as you go through security, you LOSE it totally so I would rather NOT lose anything, if ya know what I mean?? :confused::D:eek:

Archived