Carnival Victory staterooms 2215 & 2216

KayakBabe

Finally booked my cruise on Victory via a TA and having just accessed the 'Manage My Booking' area on the Carnival website I can see that we have been allocated staterooms 2215 and 2216 forward of the ship although I requested midship due to motion sickness.

Has anyone stayed in cabins in this area of the ship....if so, what was your experiance and would you mind giving me a brief idea of what we are to expect e.g noise, lots of motion etc.

Do you think it's worth contacting Carnival directly to see if they'd possibly re-allocate rooms in the middle/back of the ship (if they are available of course)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Sounds like you went with a guarantee. A guarantee means they can put you anywhere on the ship in the category of cabin you booked or better at their discretion. I'm surprised you got cabins so close together. I've heard horror stories of cabins on different decks or at opposite ends of the ship, so it's not all bad:) You can call your TA and see if they can switch you to more mid-ship cabins in the same category or you can pay the difference to get cabins exactly where you want them. Really, if you know there is a big chance of someone getting motion sick, you should not be booking guarantees as they are nothing but a huge gamble and sometimes are not even allocated until you arrive at the cruise terminal. It would be too late to change them at that point:eek:

they could not have booked a guarantee-- its too far out to be assigned a cabin.

The cabins are not close to each other-- they are located on both sides of the ship. One is starboard the other is port side around the corner

One of these cabins are 1As- Did you ask for the cheapest cabins available?

this cabins has port holes so the agent may have thought she was doing you a favor by getting you a room with natural light.

Inside rooms are extreme darkness all day every day. 2215 is a regular inside cabin

Carnival will NOT talk with you since you booked using an outside agent.

My suggestion-- if the inside cabin is good call the agent and tell her you want a cabin midship-- its gonna cost you more then what she gave you.

Also be aware that midship on that deck is the galley and you do NOT want an inside cabin below that area

I'm very interested in your situation here. Are you sailing Barbados to Barbados or just the shorter Barbados to Puerto Rico? What rate (Fun Saver, Fun Select, Early Saver, Past Guest, etc) are you booked under? If you aren't booked as a guarantee (Fun Saver rate), you should be allowed to change rooms, as "you" picked your own room, even though it would sound like the TA picked it for you. Like serene said, room 2216 is a category 1A. It has one regular bed plus a sofa bed and 2 portholes. The 2 beds cannot be pushed together. If that room is for the kids or friends, then that's a great room to have. It's not good for couples. It will be a much bigger room than your 2215, in which the 2 beds do push together.

I was on Victory's sister ship in the aft on deck 2, and it was very noisy back there. We got a great room at a cheap rate, so we were overall happy with it. I had a forward room on Riviera deck on another ship, and I do believe that those rooms feel more motion, and I could hear the waves hitting the front of the ship. You could ask your TA if you can move to 2 Riviera deck, midship, interior rooms. The move from 2216 will be considered an upgrade, even though the room itself is not as good (much smaller, no outside view, but the 2 beds will push together). It'll probably cost around $30-$40pp more. The move from 2215 will be a lateral move (4B to a different 4B), so the price would be the same. Riviera deck-midship is the most recommended location for people with motion sickness struggles. But if you are booked as a guarantee (Fun Saver), all this talk is a moot point, because Carnival gets to decide what room you'll have.

I'm very interested in your situation here. Are you sailing Barbados to Barbados or just the shorter Barbados to Puerto Rico? What rate (Fun Saver, Fun Select, Early Saver, Past Guest, etc) are you booked under? If you aren't booked as a guarantee (Fun Saver rate), you should be allowed to change rooms, as "you" picked your own room, even though it would sound like the TA picked it for you. Like serene said, room 2216 is a category 1A. It has one regular bed plus a sofa bed and 2 portholes. The 2 beds cannot be pushed together. If that room is for the kids or friends, then that's a great room to have. It's not good for couples. It will be a much bigger room than your 2215, in which the 2 beds do push together.

I was on Victory's sister ship in the aft on deck 2, and it was very noisy back there. We got a great room at a cheap rate, so we were overall happy with it. I had a forward room on Riviera deck on another ship, and I do believe that those rooms feel more motion, and I could hear the waves hitting the front of the ship. You could ask your TA if you can move to 2 Riviera deck, midship, interior rooms. The move from 2216 will be considered an upgrade, even though the room itself is not as good (much smaller, no outside view, but the 2 beds will push together). It'll probably cost around $30-$40pp more. The move from 2215 will be a lateral move (4B to a different 4B), so the price would be the same. Riviera deck-midship is the most recommended location for people with motion sickness struggles. But if you are booked as a guarantee (Fun Saver), all this talk is a moot point, because Carnival gets to decide what room you'll have.

Thanks for you reply. Sorry but I meant to say 2215 & 2219 not 2216 on Main Deck 2. I'm not sure what 'rate' we are booked under.

We are a couple going on honeymoon, my elderly mum and her cousin are joining us, sailing Barbados to Barbados, booked via a TA here in the UK.

I spoke to Carnival who in turn told me to contact my TA (as I booked with them) which I did yesterday. They told me that I was booked under guarantee, very briefly explained this... so I asked her to contact carnival to request an alternative location, the one I requested in the first place, which she said she would,....although I am fully aware that it is Carnival's dicision at the end of the day. I also emailed TA this morning just to complain that this was not explained to me at the time of booking. I don't think we would have minded spending a few pounds more for a better location.

I must admit I am new to this and am a little confused :confused: not to mention ignorant about the guarantee booking situation, however, would have been nice if the TA gave me an option....regardless of the increase in price. You live and learn eh!!!

Sorry this is brief...on lunch break ....off to grab a sandwich.

Thanks again.

Carnival is kinda sticky about guarantees. They even have it in writing to their TAs, that they will not change them. I do know of a few whose TAs managed to get their cabin location on a gty changed.

Your TA was trying to save you money. Unless its a rough water time, you should be fine, as you are not all the way forward, but you could hear some wave crashing sounds.

I guess you know you can still pay the difference and pay to upgrade and pick your cabin.. .. instead of writing and saying you want to change cabins and pick your location free. RCL will let you change, Carnival usually doesnt. .. unless your TA can sway them. Offer to pay to move if all else fails and pay for the location you want. Carnival will always allow you to pay for a the upgrade.

Thanks to you all for your replies. I've dicided not to stress too much about this, what will be will be. I'm sure we'll have a good time regardless. I've asked my cousin in the States to send me some Bonine....it's better than the stuff we get in the UK.

Once again thanks for taking the time.

• 6 months later...

Hi KayakBabe, have you been on your cruise yet? We leaving in weeks and have just found out that we have been allocated 2215 & 2219 too. Just wondering what it was like and if you suffered!

Thanks

Archived