Ncl info please general questions

uncleboo

Hi hope i can find some fellow cruisers to answer my questions

thansk soo much!!!

Does anyone know the brand of tea on NCL lines?

How is the steak in the regualr menu?

What kind of prizes do they give out for trivia?

Do they offer any arts and crafts for adults?

how is the library?

details please thanks so much

:)

thansk soo much!!!

Does anyone know the brand of tea on NCL lines? - Lipton I had regular and Early Grey

How is the steak in the regualr menu? - Okay to good

how is the library? - Packed

Sorry I don't know the others

teas: earl greyl, lady grey, lipton and some others were offered on my last cruise, but this can change from cruise to cruise and ship to ship. just depends on what was delivered that week, that ship

steaks: you hear reports of awful to outstanding. there, again, it's going to depend on the delivery that week and who cooks it. the specialities do seem to get the better cuts of meat. on our cruise, the MDRs had sirlon cuts, where the specialites had filets and other better cuts.

prizes: i saw NCL keychains, memo book, bottles of wine, etc. but never won anything.

crafts: didn't have any (for adults) on my last 2 cruises. mostly cooking, drink mixing, etc.

we saw the library as a nice quiet area..well laid out. nice chairs and windows...but we didn't check out any books.

On NCL, you don't have to win trivia or other Organized Staff Activities to get rewards. Check the Freestyle Daily program. All activities which are identified as above give all participants a point (a staff initial on an activities card). If you win the event, you get an extra point or two.

At the end of the last sea day, you can trade in your card(s) for logo souvenirs like lighted key chains, pens, water bottles, tote bags, tee shirts, etc. These are completely different from those available for purchase in the shops.

The prizes are lame, but the purpose is to get you to participate, and socialize with you shipmates. And you don't have to win to get something in the end.:)

thansk soo much!!!

Does anyone know the brand of tea on NCL lines?

How is the steak in the regualr menu?

how is the library?

• I bring my own tea bags so I know I can always have my favorite tea...hey don't take up much room in my suitcase.
  • Steak at Cagney's & LeBistro is the best. MDR, edible but not the best.
  • not sure about crafts. You could look for a thread on CC that has photos of the dailies so you could read them and see what they offer.
  • you should be able to find something to read in the library. I always brought a bag of books, but now have a NOOK so no bag of books to try to squish into the suitcase. The NOOK holds 1500 books so that should keep me reading...LOL!

The library on the Jewel was just lovely... but the book selection was awful. At least it was by the time I got there, which wasn't until I finished the book I'd brought with me. I imagine different ships might have larger or smaller selections.

My husband and I each (on different nights) ordered a sirloin strip steak from the "always available" side of the menu in the MDR. Both steaks were delicious and cooked perfectly. But like someone else mentioned, it depends on lots of different factors!

Archived